ADVERTISEMENT

Ok, the positives

doubleAA's

Freshman
Aug 26, 2005
-Defense shut down the top run team. Their running back that was averaging 6.8 ypc had 2.2.

-THe uniforms looked pretty awesome

-The offensive line gave Yellen all day to throw the ball. Which makes his game look that much worse

-Pretty sure the game cemented the firing of Whipple, who seems like the dumbest coach I’ve ever seen.

-Ummmmmmm ok I don’t think there were any others. I guess Hamlin played very well, and the corners were right on the receivers? Their TEs killed us, and they were great to be honest.

I have to give notre dame some credit they were huge and fast. I thought it was one of the better ND teams in recent memory. Also ND coached a great game.

Last edited:
He dropped 2 INTs you would probably expect most safeties to come down with.
???
He had a ball hit him as he turned around. And had his fingertips on one. He played lights out against the run and when he was on the TEs they didn’t throw on him.

He looked excellent. Even the announcers said so.

Reactions: Black_Man_Panther
The only positive is at 45 - 3, Notre Dame took their foot off the gas! Clemson's liable to lay 100 on the pass defense the "defensive genius" from Youngstown puts out there.

???
He had a ball hit him as he turned around. And had his fingertips on one. He played lights out against the run and when he was on the TEs they didn’t throw on him.

He looked excellent. Even the announcers said so.
Not saying overall he played good or bad, just that I noticed those more than any possible blown coverages.

The one was in his hands, I agree it looked like he didn’t even know the ball was gonna hit him there but cmon now.

The other one was probably more me just thinking “damn can we ever catch a break”

I have to give notes dame so credit they were huge and fast. I thought it was one of the better ND teams in recent memory. Also ND coached a great game.
I was thinking the same thing during the game. That’s the biggest, most athletic ND team I’ve ever seen Pitt play. Their receivers, TEs, and Offensive lineman are massive. I was very jealous.

Reactions: Saboteur II
Pitt is poorly coached, or badly coached, what ever, and nothing to look forward too the rest of this year and next year as well, changes will have to be made

I was thinking the same thing during the game. That’s the biggest, most athletic ND team I’ve ever seen Pitt play. Their receivers, TEs, and Offensive lineman are massive. I was very jealous.

I will say I wasn’t impressed with their talent be ours. Other than of course TE. They were awesome.

Their OLine was ranked second to Alabama, we had penetration all game. Book had a great game sliding pressure all on his own. Their Oline got no push on running the ball.

Really on offense, we just had a really awful QB and WR who dropped a ton more passes. Mack and Turner seemed good, both look like 2 of the worst wrs on the team now.

I will say I wasn’t impressed with their talent be ours. Other than of course TE. They were awesome.

Their OLine was ranked second to Alabama, we had penetration all game. Book had a great game sliding pressure all on his own. Their Oline got no push on running the ball.

Really on offense, we just had a really awful QB and WR who dropped a ton more passes. Mack and Turner seemed good, both look like 2 of the worst wrs on the team now.
I already had a poor view of Mack and him alligator arming a catch inside the 5 when the score was 7-3 solidified my opinion of him.

I already had a poor view of Mack and him alligator arming a catch inside the 5 when the score was 7-3 solidified my opinion of him.
Even at the end. Patti threw 2 passes to him, both catchable and he didn’t make either catch. Plus he dropped 2 others in the game. Horrible game

Even at the end. Patti threw 2 passes to him, both catchable and he didn’t make either catch. Plus he dropped 2 others in the game. Horrible game
2 point conversion dropped earlier in year. Perhaps Pitt should go full Pirates mode in September and just play younger guys for experience sake.

Reactions: CCHS82

Their offensive line got enough push that they converted every short yardage situation into a first down. We have not been able to do that for 2 years.

Their TEs are legit. Year after year they recruit the best TE’s in the country. Their third string is better than our 1st string / and it is not even close.

Narduzzi wants to sell the idea that getting the 4 and 5 star players isn’t all that inportant. That’s because he can’t land many of them.

Sure coaches can get lucky and find a few very good 2 and 3 stars that are underrated, but You can’t expect to build a top tier program on 2 and 3 stars.

Funny... you could say the exact same thing about Pitt's last 4 opponents. Their QB's had field days. Hmmm... super genius or ???
I completely disagree. I think we were better than our last three opponents. Miami’s QB did not play at all good.
Book was BY FAR the better qb

How someone can look at those uniforms and think they look awesome is beyond me.

The only question there is which looks worse, our play or those uniforms. Even with how poorly we played, that's a close call.

If we are lucky after the game was over they took those things out back and burned them.

He had a ball hit him as he turned around.

And the reason that he didn't turn around sooner, well, other than the fact that our DBs almost never turn around on time, is that he was beaten so badly that he was trying his damnedest just to catch up. But the ball ended up being poorly thrown because Book got hit as he threw it, so it ended up an easy interception chance rather than a long gain potentially turning into a touchdown.

-Defense shut down the top run team. Their running back that was averaging 6.8 ypc had 2.2.

-The offensive line gave Yellen all day to throw the ball. Which makes his game look that much worse

-Pretty sure the game cemented the firing of Whipple, who seems like the dumbest coach I’ve ever seen.

-Ummmmmmm ok I don’t think there were any others. I guess Hamlin played very well, and the corners were right on the receivers? Their TEs killed us, and they were great to be honest.
I'm not sure what game you were watching. Alternatively, you might be smokin some really good weed.

We shut down the run? Who freakin cares? They scored 45 points. The objective of defense isn't to shut down the run, it's to stop the other team from scoring and we were horrible.

The uniforms were equally terrible. You couldn't read any names on the jersey. My wife (also a Pitt grad) came into the room halfway through the 1st quarter and asked me who was playing! Great branding on national TV. Maybe the redeeming grace is that people couldn't figure out that it was Pitt playing in this sh*& show.

The offensive line was terrible. Yellen did not have all day. He got sacked and harassed regularly.

Hamlin played well? Are you kidding me? Ford was worse btw. Corners were right on their receivers? Hilarious.

Are you related to Whipple?

Cruzer

I'm not sure what game you were watching. Alternatively, you might be smokin some really good weed.

We shut down the run? Who freakin cares? They scored 45 points. The objective of defense isn't to shut down the run, it's to stop the other team from scoring and we were horrible.

The uniforms were equally terrible. You couldn't read any names on the jersey. My wife (also a Pitt grad) came into the room halfway through the 1st quarter and asked me who was playing! Great branding on national TV. Maybe the redeeming grace is that people couldn't figure out that it was Pitt playing in this sh*& show.

The offensive line was terrible. Yellen did not have all day. He got sacked and harassed regularly.

Hamlin played well? Are you kidding me? Ford was worse btw. Corners were right on their receivers? Hilarious.

Cruzer
I never smoked anything in my life, clearly you are.

everything I said was right. Everything you said was wrong.

You’re completely insane. I say we destroyed the run. You say we didnt then say we did lol.

Don’t be a loser dude

Reactions: JokePa
I never smoked anything in my life, clearly you are.

everything I said was right. Everything you said was wrong.

You’re completely insane. I say we destroyed the run. You say we didnt then say we did lol.

Don’t be a loser dude

Sorry. I apologize. Clearly you're not smokin weed....must be something much stronger.

Well I’m from Pittsburgh. So clearly a cool looking uniform that pays homage to Pittsburgh is cool. How is a blue and yellow uniform that had nothing to do with Pittsburgh anything? As I said I love our normal uniform but you have to be completely anti Pittsburgh not to think the design of these uniforms aren’t cool

Again, obviously we shut down the run. Obviously our offense and special teams giving them points is bad, but we hardly had a bad defensive game. We are the first team to shit down their run, it’s not debatable it’s in the stats despite your dadtness

One sack! Haha he has a clear pocket the ebtire

Yes even the announcers said he played a good game and one of the best safeties in the countr

I said he should be fired, what weird drug are you on that you would fire your relative? Maybe you should ask your wife from Pittsburgh to post for you

Cruzer

Are you writing a term paper? The score - 45 -3 - makes any talk about positives rather inane.

Honestly, there aren't many positives to take away from today's game. That was as ugly as any loss I can remember. Pitt won't win again in 2020 with this kind of performance,.

I completely disagree. I think we were better than our last three opponents. Miami’s QB did not play at all good.
Book was BY FAR the better qb

Book is not that great and he just did what all the successful QB's against Pitt do... throw deep and high into single coverage. You take your shots.

"Miami QB did not play at all good". You realize he threw 4 TD's, right? Career high. All 4 Pitt losses the QB's had career days. I think the cruzer is right about you. You high?

I have to give notre dame some credit they were huge and fast. I thought it was one of the better ND teams in recent memory. Also ND coached a great game.
I said the same thing during the game. They were grown men all over the field.

It was interesting to hear that ND was on Jordan Addison hard during recruiting as a DB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT