ADVERTISEMENT

Ollison and Hall

#99HUGHgreen

Sophomore
Jun 19, 2013
First let me start by saying I am so proud of those two... and the entire offensive line and big George. Watching that group in action is a beautiful thing indeed.

Second, there were a lot of people weighing in on who should be the feature back this year: Ollison or Hall.

I was in the Ollison camp. Thought he really had the stuff to be a very good back this year. And he has certainly delivered.

But honestly, I am equally blown away by how well Hall has been playing- and I’m not just talking about his big runs- yes those are impressive... but I was in awe of some of his shorter yardage gains against Virginia. There were at least a handful of plays where he looked like he had no hole or chance to gain yardage and then instinctively made a brilliant cut or changed direction and turned it into a solid gain. Just beautiful running.

I am so happy that both these backs got to share carries and excel together. Proud of Aston for being the beast he always is. Proud of the Oline -who has played WAY better than I could have ever imagined.

Proud of the whole damn team... and the coaches.

When they were younger I thought the were both capable of make nice runs, but was a little concerned about their ability to turn a no gain into a three yard gain. Both, and the o line, have gotten tougher.

George was born tough.

Reactions: #99HUGHgreen
First let me start by saying I am so proud of those two... and the entire offensive line and big George. Watching that group in action is a beautiful thing indeed.

Second, there were a lot of people weighing in on who should be the feature back this year: Ollison or Hall.

I was in the Ollison camp. Thought he really had the stuff to be a very good back this year. And he has certainly delivered.

But honestly, I am equally blown away by how well Hall has been playing- and I’m not just talking about his big runs- yes those are impressive... but I was in awe of some of his shorter yardage gains against Virginia. There were at least a handful of plays where he looked like he had no hole or chance to gain yardage and then instinctively made a brilliant cut or changed direction and turned it into a solid gain. Just beautiful running.

I am so happy that both these backs got to share carries and excel together. Proud of Aston for being the beast he always is. Proud of the Oline -who has played WAY better than I could have ever imagined.

The Fan mentioned this.
Guess what they get get along, hang with eachother, cheer eachother on, and are apparently are friends.
That's usually not the case with two guys competing for time at the same position.
Great guys!

Hail to PITT !!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT