ADVERTISEMENT

Oop to Nike

Dude is athletic as hell and seemingly the fastest guy on the court more often than not when he plays. Not gonna be that guy, though.

If I were going to be that guy, I would say he would probably be a hell of a wide receiver and Narduzzi should try to work some eligibility magic.

I put this in my top 10 Pitt dunks.
We all know the Top 5 or 6, but this one stood out .

Only two I can think of are Page and Lane. I'm sure Page is on there a few times in addition to Georgetown though.

I swear Chris Jones or someone unexpected had a pretty nasty one at a Florida State game I was at.

Only two I can think of are Page and Lane. I'm sure Page is on there a few times in addition to Georgetown though.

I swear Chris Jones or someone unexpected had a pretty nasty one at a Florida State game I was at.
Page over Boumtje Boumtje is the second best dunk after Lane breaking the backboard.

Last edited:
Page had a windmill dunk in the 2020 BET that has got to be in the top 5. I was right behind the basket on that one.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Roosevelt Kirby had a tremendous dunk in the NCAA tournament loss against Pepperdine. Believe it was 81-82 season. In my top ten though it was so long ago. Kid was a heckuva athlete

I honestly think this is the most impressive dunk I have seen by a Pitt player (outside of the Lane dunk), just in terms of the air he got and how majestic it was. The view from behind the backboard is incredible.

Reactions: FireballZ
Awesome play, that will be replayed up there with other classic Pitt dunks.

Surprised he didn’t get the T for hanging though. Out of “respect” for Boeheim, as refs are wont to do…

Darelle Porter against Georgetown. So good it was used in a vignette for a PBS documentary about whether African-Americans are genetically more athletically gifted than Caucasians.

For some reason I can’t find a clip of that dunk anywhere. Porter’s body was basically 90 degrees parallel to the rim as he flushed it on a 7 footer.

Keith Benjamin also had a couple of really good ones back in the mid 2000s.

Reactions: TommySmiles
Fisch said in an interview today that when Nike was at Miami Ohio, he apparently rattled off a 45 inch vertical.

Reactions: TreesHero
Darelle Porter against Georgetown. So good it was used in a vignette for a PBS documentary about whether African-Americans are genetically more athletically gifted than Caucasians.

For some reason I can’t find a clip of that dunk anywhere. Porter’s body was basically 90 degrees parallel to the rim as he flushed it on a 7 footer.

Keith Benjamin also had a couple of really good ones back in the mid 2000s.
The video of Darelle's dunk is in my post above, in case you missed it..

Last edited:
Villanova wasnt all that good when we were great. (With one huge exception obviously).

In my mind, our heyday intersected more with UConn, Cuse, and even WVU.
For me, UConn was THE team. Just a different energy and it felt like winning those games proved we were among the Big East elite.

Syracuse obviously. We had great games with the Jeff Green/Roy Hibbert Georgetown teams.

Nova performed well in the NCAA Tournament but was kinda an afterthought when Pitt was in the Big East. Not sure why because the Ray/Foye/Lowry/Nardi and Reynolds/Cunningham/Fischer/Stokes teams were great, just never had that energy.

Reactions: PittPanther44
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT