ADVERTISEMENT

Ish Leggett Wins ACC 6th Man of the year

Per PSN​

Pitt guard Ishmael Leggett has won the ACC Sixth Man of the Year award, per release. Leggett follows up Pitt's Nike Sibande as Panthers to win the award.

Back in early Jan, I said Lowe needed to start and Ish needed to play the Nike role. He played that very well. Everything changed when Lowe became the starter and Ish continued to be productive off the bench. He is better than Austin and plays more than Austin but sometimes it works better coming off the bench.

Reactions: WillyDavis33
Back in early Jan, I said Lowe needed to start and Ish needed to play the Nike role. He played that very well. Everything changed when Lowe became the starter and Ish continued to be productive off the bench. He is better than Austin and plays more than Austin but sometimes it works better coming off the bench.
No doubt! Lowe starting and running the point has made this team into a formidable opponent and harder to guard against!

I hope Ish remembers to thank you when he gives his acceptance speech.

• Haha
Reactions: upj87 and ToddPA
Its great to watch certain players accept their roles to help the team the best they can whether they start or not. Not only did he accept his 6th man role, he blossomed in it for both himself and for the team.

I hope this is the case next year too and he stays the 6th man on the team.

Reactions: Jim Z
Hinson got the 5th most points in voting for all league. There were five people who got at least one vote for player of the year and he was not one of them. Someone, however, I assume his uncle, voted Quinten Post for player of the year.

Bub was also honorable mention all ACC. He got the 21st most voting points. He came in 3rd in rookie of the year voting behind Markus Burton and Jared McCain. He was also 3rd in voting points for the all rookie team. For some reason they didn't release the rookie team votes beyond the top five, so there is no way to know how close Jaland Lowe came to making it.

Jeff Capel was second in coach of the year voting behind Hubert Davis.

I’m glad you got something right this year!

I hope Ish remembers to thank you when he gives his acceptance speech.
I'm thinking a Lou Gehrig'ish type of deal...Today, after garnering the reward from the well thought out coaching recommendations to our staff from the ever selfless and humble Sean Miller Fan, I consider myself to be the luckiest man on the face of the earth.

Reactions: JS School
I loved Ish's reel at Rhode Island. I really was excited about him joining the team. He's a fantastic player and I wouldn't be surprised if maybe we start three guards next year if Kante is the dominant center down low we all hope he is.

He is better than Austin and plays more than Austin but sometimes it works better coming off the bench.
Seems weird to bring Austin into the discussion. He's been a decent addition, particularly with his shot blocking. He's energetic and can make the occasional 3 pt shot. If teams could identify one of their starters as the fifth man, Pitt might have been honorable mention for that award.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT