ADVERTISEMENT

OSU Football Journal: Cowboys, Panthers Both Trying Avoid Hangovers, LINK!

CaptainSidneyReilly

Chancellor
Dec 25, 2006
So far, Coach Pat Narduzzi's Trademark is to have his Pitt Team ready to play better in Away Games than Home Games. Last year Coach Pat & Staff caught the Home Teams by surprise like Iowa, but now the Panthers are year later knowing systems and playing better with coaches that know them better and vice a versa. Confidence, Discipline, and having Fun is starting to become common place among the Players, Recruits, and Coaches. Although OKSU talks about bouncing back and being more focused to win this week. The Gundy Critical Error throwing on the last play caused his team to win. One can talk how that won't happen again, but that kind of loss lingers into the Players and Central Michigan gave a very good game. Pitt really has a chance to make a mark in winning its First game ever at OKSU in a National Game.
Excerpt:

Different emotional outcomes, with the Cowboys staggered in what will become a play for the ages against Central Michigan, the Panthers riding high after beating rival Penn State, who'd they waited 16 years to play. So the emotions are different. Still, the aim for this weekend is the same: don't look back….“I think with everything in life there's always going to be setbacks or adversity,” said OSU quarterback Mason Rudolph. “That's when you find out who you are as a leader and who you are as a team.“This team is experienced and has a lot of leadership, so we'll be able to attack it full speed ahead and we'll be just fine. We can't wait to get back out there again on Saturday.
………………..
Now Pitt faces a more experienced and proven quarterback in Rudolph. “We are going to zero in on what they give up,” Rudolph said. And the Panthers are bracing for it. “This guy is more of a pocket passer (than McSorley),” said Panthers defensive backs coach Renaldo Hill. “We know we are going to be challenged down the field vertically.”

LINK:
http://newsok.com/osu-football-jour...id-hangovers/article/5518331?custom_click=rss

Then again.......the OKSU Players will have to Brace for James Conner.......We shall see who is ready and Braced For Impact by James Conner with a Big Bully Pitt Offensive Line? I see Pitt running at will but passing more to develop that balancing attack, We shall see?

CONNER STRONG: Why Pitt Running Back James Conner Is A Force OSU Will Have To Reckon With

Six months of hell. And yet, less than a year after his diagnosis and a little over four months since his last treatment, Conner is back on the football field. He isn't just a feel-good story either. He is the star at Pitt, a 6-foot-2, 235-pound powerhouse in the Panthers' running attack and a guy who will demand attention Saturday from Oklahoma State. “Very physical,” Cowboy linebacker Chad Whitener said. “James Conner's a really big back. One cut. Downhill.” Conner put the hurt on Penn State last week, rushing for 117 yards and two touchdowns, leading Pitt's 341-yard steamroller. And still, Conner laments the time he lost. The workouts not done. The weights not lifted. “I couldn't train like I wanted to,” he said in a telephone interview earlier this week, “so I feel the physical part of it, I could actually be a lot stronger out there. “I feel like I had six months taken away from me.”

LINK:

http://newsok.com/article/5518146?slideout=1

Reactions: PantherDDS
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT