ADVERTISEMENT

OT: David Taylor

DevilDog42

Redshirt
Gold Member
Aug 20, 2010
Would be a massive coup for Okie State if they can pull this off. Will be interesting if they do to see who he takes with him and who from the RTC follows.

Would be a massive coup for Okie State if they can pull this off. Will be interesting if they do to see who he takes with him and who from the RTC follows.
According to Pyles on FRL he turned the job down, they may circle back but the talk has moved on to Coleman Scott.

They first offered the job to Casey Cunningham who turned it down then they moved on to DT.

It sounds like DT had some big financial asks for the program and OSU was unable or unwilling to commit to.

Reactions: DevilDog42
I thought Coleman left UNC to take over HC at Ok St. Maybe that was his hope but they never promised it to him.

David Taylor would be huge move to try to knock PSU off the top. Would not happen overnight. However a top PSU guy leaving with few coaches and wrestlers following. Dan that would be an amazing cross state rival. Come on Pitt make a move to get a PSU guy. Hurts to say that

I thought Coleman left UNC to take over HC at Ok St. Maybe that was his hope but they never promised it to him.

David Taylor would be huge move to try to knock PSU off the top. Would not happen overnight. However a top PSU guy leaving with few coaches and wrestlers following. Dan that would be an amazing cross state rival. Come on Pitt make a move to get a PSU guy. Hurts to say that
I could see a couple of NLWC guys following him but outside of Jimmy Kennedy, DT's brother inlaw, I doubt any coaches leave.

Vincenzo Joseph just retired from competing and is going fulltime into coaching.

Either way Coleman needs his own program, I think he has earned it at this point. Interesting what this could do to PSU should Taylor go to OSU.

Not saying it will happen by any means but DT’s right hand guy Levi Haines trained at M2 prior to coming to Penn State. Interested to see what he decides.

Reactions: TJ-Pinzburgh
That interesting to think if any PSU guys follow him. Especially with them being so deep at so many weight classes.

Curious if any M2 guys follow him out there. Haines or Kasak? I know it’s too late to enter the portal this year but they can enter next year.

Maybe we bring in Coleman Scott and then we have a coaching staff of Gavin, Scott, Roselli, and Nino. if we can’t teach offense with them then we have no chance lol

Reactions: persp and jctrack
I cant see Coleman staying after all this. Who knows what he was offered if anything to leave UNC and join Ok St as assistant.
There seem to be two stories out there about Scott and OSU. The first is he left UNC to basically be the HC in waiting and the other is John Smith said go after the biggest name you can get.

Scott was not even #1 before DT because they offered the job to Casey Cunningham so there seems to have been some miscommunication over his actual position.

Scott will be HC somewhere next season just not one of the 3-5 best jobs in the sport.

Is Carter Starocci the most obnoxious dude in wrestling today or what. Dude talks about loyalty meanwhile Penn state pulled Sanderson from his Alma matter lol dude lacking some basic life knowledge.. it’s better to stay silent and let everyone think you’re a fool than to open your mouth an remove all doubt.

Reactions: TJ-Pinzburgh
He’s trying to be provocative to help build a brand for his potential MMA career. Seems he is trying to hard though and it comes off cringy.

Yeah everytime he opens his mouth sounds like an idiot.

Especially talking smack on Taylor. I’m sure Taylor helped in his development. That is how he thanks him.

I’m excited about this hire. Good for wrestling.

Not a huge fan of style but wrestling needs more guys like him if only to try and bring some new eyeballs or more attention good or bad.

So does Iowa go after someone now? I think Brands’ path has been downhill since they won the NCAAs a few years ago. Will they sit still for being #3 if Taylor succeeds in bumping Okie State up to be truly competitive with PSU.

Can you imagine the NIL money a top wrestler will be able to command?

I cant see Iowa going away from the Brands Bros. Former Iowa wrestlers who have been very successful.

If Taylor has success. I could see other top schools trying to pull other PSU guys. Not many guys however with Taylor resume and desire to coach.

I seen something that Taylor is getting 800k year plus multi million dollar house to live in. Also heard big factor was compensation for staff.

I cant see Iowa going away from the Brands Bros. Former Iowa wrestlers who have been very successful.

If Taylor has success. I could see other top schools trying to pull other PSU guys. Not many guys however with Taylor resume and desire to coach.

I seen something that Taylor is getting 800k year plus multi million dollar house to live in. Also heard big factor was compensation for staff.
Plus a huge chunk of change for a wrestling facility and NIL. Okie State is one of the few schools with the resources and desire to pull Taylor.

So does Iowa go after someone now? I think Brands’ path has been downhill since they won the NCAAs a few years ago. Will they sit still for being #3 if Taylor succeeds in bumping Okie State up to be truly competitive with PSU.

Can you imagine the NIL money a top wrestler will be able to command?
Brands is just a few years removed from winning an NC and a pandemic away from probably going back to back so he is not going anywhere but I could see a big shake up to the staff coming.

Iowa has gone all in on transfers and is throwing a lot of money around.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT