ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Dixon on Bubble and/or Hot Seat at TCU

smenges

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Nov 12, 2005
I periodically check in on the man who last won a conference title with Pitt basketball, Jamie Dixon, and watching Capel’s Panthers scrap and play tough D, I was compelled to see what Jamie was up to now.

AD Barnes pushed him out and a flush-with-cash and new facilities TCU welcomed back their former guard with much fanfare and hope for Top 25 teams and deep NCAA tournament runs.

Still a class act, Jamie is apparently coaching for his job this year and currently has the Horned Frogs on the NCAA Tourney bubble, the last at-large team in the 68-team field (per Bracketology), or just outside (per Andy Katz). If they make it in, it would be only the 2nd NCAA Tournament appearance under JD amid a rash of top players transferring out of the program.

My only conclusion is that JD, NY/NJ/PA players and the Big East were a perfect fit. Not sure what else to make of what happened since Barnes made his play and impacted Jamie, Pitt and TCU. Bonus Question: If Dixon is available and HL makes a move, should Dixon be pursued?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News