ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Electric Vehicle

We call them woodburners. There was a big push on these a while back with tax credits and power subsidies. I know that Dominion built a handful to take advantage of the subsidies, and to use them as green energy marketing. They will be shut down as soon as the subsidies run out, and support for them as "green" energy is waning because of what you have posted.

We will be burning gas for a long time.
Well yeah. Because the other parts of this is the infrastructure needed to support these alternative fuel cars. How many gas stations do you pass in a 10 mile stretch and how long does it take to refuel? How long would it take to recharge an electric car? When fuel cells (also a technology I was fully involved in) was thought to be the choice, the main concern was a Hydrogen storage and delivery system.

I get impatient pumping gas, let alone a half hour plus charger, if I can find one.
Hopefully the electric community provides an app with charging stations.

My Honda Pilot get me up to 27 mpg. It’s got 40k on it and I still have original tires and brakes.
No way I’m going electric, and hope I find a qualified tech, if there is a problem.
Now, Honda has a cool Hybrid. 52 mpg….I’d look at that first.

My Tesla solar panel order is in. I’m getting a medium set with two power walls coming in around 32,000 with 7,500 tax write off. I am waiting on the next reconciliation bill from Biden. His infrastructure bill was going to give tax rebates and cash back at dealer. There will be many options next year. I want to see what the Cadillac Lyriq offers. I’m also eyeballing the Rivian, Ford Truck, Tesla and Volvo. I would wait until the rebates are offered and don’t buy when they first come out. Wait until they have to clear the lot. Take care of your source now by getting panels with storage. The storage is critical. Next year buy vehicle.

the price of panels for er month is slightly less than my electric bill

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT