ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Heisman Trophy / QB glory

Jsr862

Redshirt
Nov 8, 2017
Does anyone else not really think the Heisman is as prestigious as it once was? I feel in the past decade or so it's just another award given to a QB/HB. Like an extension to the Walker and O'Brien award. I'm begging to feel not even a WR can win it anymore because if a receiver has say a bunch of yards and TDs so does the QB throwing to him and then some to other receivers as well. Which brings me to part 2. Was there ever a time in football stat keeping the QB was not awarded yards for YAC (yards after catch)? I don't like how a QB can throw a small screen or a 1 yard hitch, the WR makes a great move and runs 80 some yards and the QB gets granted with that 80 yards when all he did was just lob a 1 yard pass. I think there needs to be a abbreviated state beside the QB yards total example 200 yards passing ( -50 YAC yards = 150 yards). I'd leave both as a stat because times the receiver does get big gains just due to ball placement and deciosn making of the QB, but when fully viewing a QB talent with giving the QB all the yards from line of scrimmage to tackle, instead of line of scrimmage to catch point is why i dont think we will ever see a WR or any othdr postion other than HB get the Heisman unless the WR is a hell of return man as well, even then I still see a QB with gaudy numbers taking the trophy each and every year or a WR.

Reactions: PittFanDan17
Not sure what it means but Heisman co-favorite Tua Tagovailoa hasn’t even won the starters job at Alabama yet. Trevor Lawrence is one of the favorites as well, and he may well begin the season on the bench at Clemson.

What it means to win the Heisman Trophy has changed over the last decade or so.

Reactions: Jsr862
Now just imagine if the 2 QBs of our favorite schools are finalists.

Heisman is going the same way as All Star games and Boxing and things like that.......just not so important anymore.

But it could get you into a Nissan car commercial at the Heisman House.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT