ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Hell unleashed in December

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
Are the Steelers on the verge of going from 7-4 to finishing last in the division? Might be the most epic meltdown I’ve ever seen.

And for the haters, the Steelers are 7-2 in games that Kenny has started and finished, and look like they could go 0-8 in all others. Thats really hard to do and I think speaks to the problems within this team if you allow yourself to look beyond Kenny.

Very reminiscent of the 2019 and 2020 collapses. The one thing I’ve dreaded that’s been in the back of my mind all season: in each season since 2018, we’ve had a stretch of losing four out of five games (2021 includes three losses + a tie). We might be in the middle of another stretch at the moment…

Are the Steelers on the verge of going from 7-4 to finishing last in the division? Might be the most epic meltdown I’ve ever seen.

And for the haters, the Steelers are 7-2 in games that Kenny has started and finished, and look like they could go 0-8 in all others. Thats really hard to do and I think speaks to the problems within this team if you allow yourself to look beyond Kenny.
If they can’t beat the cardinals and pats who can they beat. It also appears that Tomlin has lost the team

Reactions: W1np1tt
Watching the Steelers compared to other teams playing with backups show you how poorly coached this team is.

Jake Browning has looked very good the past two weeks and has been a reason the Bengals have won, rather than just a game manager. 34 points two straight weeks with him.

The Browns look better than the Steelers with their 4th string QB just picked up off the street a couple of weeks ago. He had a better game today than Steelers QBs have had in about 2-3 years.

Zach Wilson even had a good game today, something Steelers QBs never luck into.

Questioning if Kenny is a legit NFL starter is not "hating" a lot of the games Kenny won have more to do with the defense either scoring, forcing a turnover or allowing a tiny amount of points. They haven't been winning because Kenny has been leading even an average number of TD drives.

Questioning if Kenny is a legit NFL starter is not "hating" a lot of the games Kenny won have more to do with the defense either scoring, forcing a turnover or allowing a tiny amount of points. They haven't been winning because Kenny has been leading even an average number of TD drives.
I question.

People hate.

At this rate, we’d be 9-4 with Kenny and 0-13 with Mitch. That’s tough for the haters to ignore. But they try really hard.

And we can go back to the 2nd half of last year too and it’s probably 15-5 with Kenny or something similar. The dude won games.

I question.

People hate.

At this rate, we’d be 9-4 with Kenny and 0-13 with Mitch. That’s tough for the haters to ignore. But they try really hard.

And we can go back to the 2nd half of last year too and it’s probably 15-5 with Kenny or something similar. The dude won games.
It's not "hate" at all, some of you say stats are meaningless, name a Super Bowl winner, who was the teams primary starter with 6 TD passes in 12 games? Maybe it exists, I don't know? even Trent Dilfer did more.

It's not "hate" at all, some of you say stats are meaningless, name a Super Bowl winner, who was the teams primary starter with 6 TD passes in 12 games? Maybe it exists, I don't know? even Trent Dilfer did more.
I get what you're saying but at some point the massive disparity in W/L between Kenny and every other QB on the roster becomes a pretty important stat.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
You’re missing the point. The team is awful. The playbook is awful. Yet when one guy is in the lineup, the team finds a way to win in spite of everything stacked against him. When someone else is in the lineup, they lose 100% of the time.

100% of the time. You’re not letting that sink in.

You’re missing the point. The team is awful. The playbook is awful. Yet when one guy is in the lineup, the team finds a way to win in spite of everything stacked against him. When someone else is in the lineup, they lose 100% of the time.

100% of the time. You’re not letting that sink in.
I expect them to keep him around for years, even if he doesn't improve- they hate even the tiniest change, changing even unsuccessful things offends them, and they are supremely and arrogantly confident they are always right, even when it's obvious to the whole world they are totally wrong, so hopefully they improve the team around him and the playbook by next year so we can see if you're right. But since Tomlin stays forever, I have almost no confidence of any significant or positive change, especially with Rooney lauding him for the 1975 game plans :) and being upset they didn't run the ball enough, like Duzz :)

I question.

People hate.

That's not necessarily true. Kenny had an all-time awful game against DTR and Cleveland. He could have very easily lost one of the last two.

Oh, and you're okay with losing four games?! Kenny missed a guy that was wide open in that one game. Did you see that? Bubby Brister could have made that play and they could be 10-3. Cut the jaggoff!

• Love
Oh, and you're okay with losing four games?! Kenny missed a guy that was wide open in that one game. Did you see that? Bubby Brister could have made that play and they could be 10-3. Cut the jaggoff!
serious question for older steeler fans. rank these steeler qbs in order, best to worst:

Brister
Mark Malone
David Woodley
Mike Tomczyk
Cliff Stoudt

serious question for older steeler fans. rank these steeler qbs in order, best to worst:

Brister
Mark Malone
David Woodley
Mike Tomczyk
Cliff Stoudt
You just evoked some very difficult memories.

Mark Malone wasn't a terrible QB IMO. Played on some teams with very little talent.
Bubby was responsible for some incredible moments including dropping an F-bomb on TV on Christmas Eve(?) after beating Houston. Should have thrown Todd Blackledge on the list but that's who Bubby replaced.

I barely remember Woodley and Tomczyk.

Cliff Soudt might be the most hated former Steeler in the history of the franchise. Dude was still dodging D-Cells after jumping over to the USFL.

As I've said, they are a playoff team with Kenny. And they are a 2-4 win team with Mitch. KP still needs to play better, but he has done ok considering the rest of the offense.

Yeh but Kenny has also limited making critical mistakes and consistently leads a winning scoring drive in the 4th.

Brister
Mark Malone
David Woodley
Mike Tomczyk
Cliff Stoudt
Imo:
Malone - Got to the AFC championship game
Tomczak - Decent bridge QB
Woodley - Best of a bad lot in those years then abruptly retired
Brister - Glimmers of hope but always disappointed
Stoudt - Probably would not make a roster in today's NFL

Brister
Mark Malone
David Woodley
Mike Tomczyk
Cliff Stoudt
Brister, Woodley, Tomcyzk, Malone....Malone was pretty bad, tons of INTs, one half decent half season....

That's not necessarily true. Kenny had an all-time awful game against DTR and Cleveland. He could have very easily lost one of the last two.
Yeah horrible game plan by an OC who got fired for it. Since then kenny is like 31/43 for 350 yards and 9 yards an attempt using that Friday night playbook and a game plan overseen by someone else. And Still no turnovers. He would have beaten the 2-10 teams. Pretty sure the Pats scored 14 points off Mitch turnovers.

Reactions: FireballZ

I think I read here before the season that the offensive talent was pretty bad around KP8. Every unit is in the bottom 3rd in overall talent. Imo, that's roster malpractice when you have a young QB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT