ADVERTISEMENT

OT: House of the Dragon-no spoilers

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
First episode last night. It seems to have some promise. Critics were shown the 1st 6 episodes, and I’ve read that things start slow but by the end of episode 3 you’ll be hooked and by end of episode 6, you’ll be impressed.

obviously we are being introduced to brand new characters and I found myself wondering how in the world they are going to make the audience care about them after there were so many great characters and performances in Game of Thrones. But a couple of these new characters are showing some potential.

Reactions: mike412 and Bnc29
I never read the books , even though I have them-
(I have a hard time reading fiction )
But I thought the first episode was interesting and the main characters are good

it was better than I expected

Reactions: columbus mike
Boobs occurred. So did blood. So did dragons.

I hated the book this was based on, but because it read like a history textbook with lots of genealogy stuff, the writers for this show are not behooved to much source material. I really enjoyed the first episode

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
First episode last night. It seems to have some promise. Critics were shown the 1st 6 episodes, and I’ve read that things start slow but by the end of episode 3 you’ll be hooked and by end of episode 6, you’ll be impressed.

obviously we are being introduced to brand new characters and I found myself wondering how in the world they are going to make the audience care about them after there were so many great characters and performances in Game of Thrones. But a couple of these new characters are showing some potential.
The original GOT was a slow build for me. I watched the first few thinking what's all the fuss about and then it got better and better.

The whole portion of Game of Thrones that was dragon related was my least favorite. I watched last night hoping for enough sex and violence to keep my interest.

The whole portion of Game of Thrones that was dragon related was my least favorite. I watched last night hoping for enough sex and violence to keep my interest.
The white walkers were my least favorite. They could have done without that whole storyline. A medieval show with dragons was enough to be good on its own. I didn't need to see a Zombie you could see in West Newton or Buena Vista fighting some medieval dudes with swords

Reactions: columbus mike
The white walkers were my least favorite. They could have done without that whole storyline. A medieval show with dragons was enough to be good on its own. I didn't need to see a Zombie you could see in West Newton or Buena Vista fighting some medieval dudes with swords
Except for the fact that the Others are, you know, the entire point of the book series.

Except for the fact that the Others are, you know, the entire point of the book series.
I mean the show could have done without it because of how poorly executed it was. It was clear that the story of the seven kingdoms was what the showrunners wanted to focus on and the existential threat part of the story was given lip service from that point on. So yeah, the court intrigue was definitely the best part of the series.

That's not to say it couldn't have been a great storyline in the series they just chose not to make it that way, especially once they were half-way out the door over that Disney money they were negotiating.

Reactions: Ski11585
Some cringeworthy moments. Also, they did a huge spoiler for the trailer for episode 3... Like yes, we all know where the story was going, but why reveal what they did immediately.

Through 2 episodes so far...2 thumbs up
The reason for the wounds on the King’s back are very Harry Potteresque.

im still wading, interest level staying above water…but I still am not seeing any characters as likable after two episodes as Ned Stark and John Snow, or as good as Tyrion, Cerci, Jamie, or Joffrey.

the black dude with the silver hair has an awesome look…he’s my only hope so far.

Reactions: BurghGuy68
Eh it's ok so far, nothing special. The time jump kinda makes the show and the decisions feel a bit rushed. Especially the realm shattering marriage decision. I mean show that the king is a complete disaster and despondent or something after the death of his wife and child or that he's extremely worried he doesn't have two years to live because of the rotting flesh stuff. Instead it kinda feels like they are speedrunning to get a big battle.

Instead he just comes off as someone with depression who continuously spouts duty to the realm then makes a decision completely against the advice of every council member and knows is a betrayal of his duty. Someone who talks about not being ready for another relationship, but then chooses immediacy over something that would give him 2 years to mourn. Someone who acts and says that he intends to keep his daughter as his heir, but then makes the choice that will put immediate pressure on him to replace her. I mean it's easy to infer things and reason why the choice was made, but they just don't do a great job of actually showing it.

I don't know, it's a decent show but it doesn't it doesn't hold a candle to the beginning of Thrones. I mean they haven't even pushed a kid off a tower yet. Hoping that there's more to the Crab Feeder than just hired goon of the free cities, so far the most intriguing story line to me.

Miguel Sapochnik, the director of some of the best Game of Thrones episodes but also two of the worst, just left the show.

But don't worry, we still have the guy that wrote Rampage (with The Rock) and they just brought on the guy that directed the worst Marvel movie (Thor 2).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT