ADVERTISEMENT

OT: How much were Taylor Swift tickets through Ticketmaster?

A pleasant but bland young woman that won the lottery of the chosen icon of young girls/women this past decade. Nothing great nor terrible about her, she’s one of hundreds of thousands of young girls of similar decent but unspectacular ability during the auto tune/The Voice era.

She could literally be anyone. But basically through random circumstances she became the IT girl. There always has to be one. Young girls want to be her, and young boys want to fornicate with those young girls, so they tolerate her. As for these shows and crazy ticket prices, similar to parents are unable to say No to their kids (think Cabbage Patch kids, Tickle Me Elmo etc), and obtaining those tickets are a Status thing of sorts for wealthy suburban parents now. And others no so wealthy, well, credit card companies can’t actually go after defaulters anymore, so they will “pay.” Thus the prices soar. Ain’t that America, something to see baby…

To be fair, Taylor Swift is very talented and she is unlike many in her genre in that:

- she writes her own songs

- she isnt a dancer

- she isnt overly beautiful or sexy, sort of a normal pretty girl

- she doesn't over-sexualize herself with her clothes or whole look

Basically, she made it solely on talent. That said, she is possibly the most popular American, heck, maybe of all time. That is pretty bizarre.

To be fair, Taylor Swift is very talented and she is unlike many in her genre in that:

- she writes her own songs

- she isnt a dancer

- she isnt overly beautiful or sexy, sort of a normal pretty girl

- she doesn't over-sexualize herself with her clothes or whole look

Basically, she made it solely on talent. That said, she is possibly the most popular American, heck, maybe of all time. That is pretty bizarre.
She is moderately talented in a generic way that thousands of other girls are. She’s not awful nor is she fantastic. She won the lottery by emerging above the others. Good for her, nothing against her. But she simply isn’t anything particularly noteworthy, not a Beatles, Springsteen or even Madonna. Similar to how a Tickle Elmo randomly became a phenom that Had To Be Had.

A pleasant but bland young woman that won the lottery of the chosen icon of young girls/women this past decade. Nothing great nor terrible about her, she’s one of hundreds of thousands of young girls of similar decent but unspectacular ability during the auto tune/The Voice era.

She could literally be anyone. But basically through random circumstances she became the IT girl. There always has to be one. Young girls want to be her, and young boys want to fornicate with those young girls, so they tolerate her. As for these shows and crazy ticket prices, similar to parents are unable to say No to their kids (think Cabbage Patch kids, Tickle Me Elmo etc), and obtaining those tickets are a Status thing of sorts for wealthy suburban parents now. And others no so wealthy, well, credit card companies can’t actually go after defaulters anymore, so they will “pay.” Thus the prices soar. Ain’t that America, something to see baby…

This is such a ****ing weird post lol

She is moderately talented in a generic way that thousands of other girls are. She’s not awful nor is she fantastic. She won the lottery by emerging above the others. Good for her, nothing against her. But she simply isn’t anything particularly noteworthy, not a Beatles, Springsteen or even Madonna. Similar to how a Tickle Elmo randomly became a phenom that Had To Be Had.

I wont pretend to be a musical talent genius but I think what really sets her apart are the songs she writes. This country produces thousands of girls who are excellent singers. Typically, to make it big, you have to be able to dance and be able to be sexualized (Britney, Gaga, Aguilera, Katy Perry, etc). Those girls dont write their own songs and instead buy them from songwriters, who were probably good but not elite singers but also didnt have the look (not skinny enough, not pretty enough, etc). What makes Swift different is that SHE is the songwriter and also an elite singer. And I think her "normal girl" look is very appealing to the masses. Again, not a musical genius here, but she would have to go down as one of the best songwriters of all time.

This is such a try hard post. Moderate talent is in the eye of the beholder. I think The Beatles and Springsteen are absolute trash. But millions disagree. Just like millions disagree for Swift.

I would like to make a correction to your post. You stated that "young boys want to fornicate with those young girls". That is not true. Young boys want to fornicate with any girl, period.

So, my coworker sold 2 seats in 532 today. Paid $360 for both, sold for $3,600. Not a bad gig if you can get it.
Not a fan of Swift’s music, but you can’t deny the talent. Apparently she’s doing over 40 songs per show, which is pretty impressive for today’s artists. She goes out of her way to give people their money’s worth.

Was talking to a dude from work today. He bought two Swift tickets in the 500-level a few months ago. Paid $1,800 total (which I think is absurd). They weren't going to go on vacation this summer but they recently changed their mind, so they had to sell the tickets. He listed them a few nights ago for $3,000/each. When he woke up, they were gone. So someone paid about $7,000 (with fees) for a pair of tickets in the 500-level. I can't even fathom that, honestly.

All I know is when my wife told me what she paid for the three tickets she bought months ago to take our teenage daughters to the show, I was pissed for about 2 weeks. What am I talking about, I'm still pissed.

As I told her, if I added up the collective price of every concert ticket for every show I ever went to in my lifetime, which includes many of the greatest rock bands of all time, it wouldn't come close to what she paid for those 3 tix. Every teenage girl they know is going. There was really no choice but to go.

To add insult to injury, I get to drop them off and pick them up in the middle of an absolute traffic/construction/congestion shitshow around Ford Field in downtown Detroit.

Good times.

I don't personally favor pop music of any kind including hers. But you are selling her way short--she writes all of her own stuff, she's not just some auto tunes flash in the pan. Ryan Adams, who I think most would consider a songwriting genius and the opposite of a pop star, did an entire album of Swift covers which is a testament to her talent as a writer.

She's very much like all of the major pop icons throughout history. We may not love the music, but the talent is undeniable.

Reactions: Ski11585
Because it is 100% fact? On this board, yeah guess that is weird.

But seriously, if you like her crap, you go, boy. Different strokes, etc.
You truly don't know what you don't know. And you won't or can't acknowledge that, you just keep holding forth.

And you always fall back to "it's 100% fact." Which it never is--it's not fact, it's a narrow-minded, uninformed narrative that you have set your mind on and can't let go of.

Bizarre.

All I know is when my wife told me what she paid for the three tickets she bought months ago to take our teenage daughters to the show, I was pissed for about 2 weeks. What am I talking about, I'm still pissed.

As I told her, if I added up the collective price of every concert ticket for every show I ever went to in my lifetime, which includes many of the greatest rock bands of all time, it wouldn't come close to what she paid for those 3 tix. Every teenage girl they know is going. There was really no choice but to go.

To add insult to injury, I get to drop them off and pick them up in the middle of an absolute traffic/construction/congestion shitshow around Ford Field in downtown Detroit.

Good times.

She is drawing crowds of 10,000 to stand outside the stadiums and just listen to her songs. I wonder if she and Lionel Messi are the 2 most popular humans. How could they not be?

She is drawing crowds of 10,000 to stand outside the stadiums and just listen to her songs. I wonder if she and Lionel Messi are the 2 most popular humans. How could they not be?
They could've easily sold the tickets behind the stage with no view of the actual concert if they wanted.

I just found out a few minutes ago, and for the first time that my wife is also bringing our niece--on our dime. I love the kid but Jesus H Christ. So 4 tickets. The hits just keep coming.

I just found out a few minutes ago, and for the first time that my wife is also bringing our niece--on our dime. I love the kid but Jesus H Christ. So 4 tickets. The hits just keep coming.

Did she buy them from TM or secondary market?

They could've easily sold the tickets behind the stage with no view of the actual concert if they wanted.

Yea, seems like they are leaving some money on the table. At Acrisure for example, they should offer $250 tickets to stand outside of where the open end used to be.

I remember back when I would feel guilty for going to too many Bruce shows on a tour. My God - I was dropping less than $400 for a pair of tickets for those shows. These Swifties paying prices where the choices would be three hours of entertainment or a new car. Upper middle class must be thriving.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT