ADVERTISEMENT

OT: is johwwool still around ?

PittPharm2002

Heisman Winner
Dec 21, 2021
Not sure if he’s still around but I remember him being a fan of the band Ministry.
Their set list at star lake was as good as I could have hoped , if you’re out there !

Reactions: Gunga_Galunga
Not sure if he’s still around but I remember him being a fan of the band Ministry.
Their set list at star lake was as good as I could have hoped , if you’re out there !

Not on here but he is still in Pittsburgh. Went to the Kent State game with him, I'll pass this along

Speaking of Ministry I saw Al Jourgensen sitting on the curb smoking a cigarette in front of his tour bus at 8 a.m. a block down the street from my office a couple months ago when Ministry was in concert here. He was not the picture of health, but then again, he never was.

Speaking of Ministry I saw Al Jourgensen sitting on the curb smoking a cigarette in front of his tour bus at 8 a.m. a block down the street from my office a couple months ago when Ministry was in concert here. He was not the picture of health, but then again, he never was.
Uncle Al is a different beast for sure .
Sometimes I like to revisit bands from my teens .
Created an Industrial Mix
Their new album “Hopium for the Masses” is pretty great .

Uncle Al is a different beast for sure .
Sometimes I like to revisit bands from my teens .
Created an Industrial Mix
Their new album “Hopium for the Masses” is pretty great .
It's interesting how they progressed from your 80's sounding new wave band in the mid 80's to the industrial hard core sound by the end of the decade into the 90's.

It's interesting how they progressed from your 80's sounding new wave band in the mid 80's to the industrial hard core sound by the end of the decade into the 90's.
Kinda followed the same trajectory as Al's heroin habit.

By the time I was onto them in the late 80s they were full on industrial hard core

Yeah , their pre- “land of rape and honey” is pretty terrible .
I only heard songs on Apple Music’ artist essential mix .

John Wool left this site when nobody had any new material. Given the Pickett thread is approaching the size of the library of congress I doubt he will be coming back.

Might be an appropriate thread for folks to post their old screen names if they so choose. Lots of older posters I miss, and I’m not smart enough to decipher if they are still around under different names.

Might be an appropriate thread for folks to post their old screen names if they so choose. Lots of older posters I miss, and I’m not smart enough to decipher if they are still around under different names.
My very long lasting name was black listed for telling a Qanon poster to eat a bag of D’s.
Seriously

Burghguy68=Wyndell

Just kidding….old posters will think that is funny.

Burghguy68=Wyndell

Just kidding….old posters will think that is funny.
Is that before a snake bite took away OAGP’s internet making log on as his “neighbor “ and sharing a sausage with Wyndell ?
Shadysidescott promised me a dvd of it !

John Wool left this site when nobody had any new material. Given the Pickett thread is approaching the size of the library of congress I doubt he will be coming back.
JohnWool was not what most of us would hope or want us or our children to be. He is more likely to be someone who would look at the roof of the buildings surrounding farm grounds in Butler County.

Yeah , their pre- “land of rape and honey” is pretty terrible .
I only heard songs on Apple Music’ artist essential mix .
Obviously there is an age difference...but this was my introduction to Ministry. Which...I mean brings back great memories. But it was more Mission UK and the Cure than NIN and harder Industrial groups they morphed into.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT