ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts

big 12 vs acc is at least a debate, and week in and week out it will see saw to one side or the other.

comparing either conference to the big 10 is just comical though, not even a comparison. big 10 has as many teams in the top 10 as the acc has ranked in top 25..
Just because they are ranked that high, doesnt neccesarily mean they deserve it. OSU, PSU and who else is in the 10 is that great?

You cant compare conferences by the polls. I dont know if it bias or not, but the Big and SEC gets the benefit in the polls the beginning of every year. When the season is over it still comes down to 2 teams in those conferences, and I dont need to name them.

Now with Texas and OU in SEC, it adds to them. But the Big is still the same as usual even with the Pac 10.

- I still contend that Daniel Carter is the second-best non-suspended back on this team. Way better hips/feet and vision than Davis. I don't get it. He also picked up multiple blitzers while blocking.

I also think Hammond would thrive in this offense, so that one stings.

- This d line is awful. We missed a lot of coverage assignments on defense, and that can be fixed. The line, however? YSU hangs 30-something on us if not for some self-induced penalties, what I thought was a fortuitous fumble call, etc. Guys up front just getting their asses kicked. This team would waltz to 9-3 with even last year's very average d line, which is nuts. I think I saw Borders, Matlack, and Donald after the game hula-hooping Cheerios.

- I continue to be confused as to whether or not Gavin Bartholomew is a good inline tight end.

- Shotgun on 4th and a foot is a little disappointing.

- Kenny Johnson returned way too many kicks for my preference. Should have had him fair catching against an FCS team.

- Similarly, why the hell was the entire starting OL in there so long? We left after the pick six and I still hadn't seen a backup play. If either of those tackles go down, good night.

- Our safeties are not playing as well as I had hoped. The linebackers, however, are as good as advertised. Louis, George, and Biles are a hell of a trio. What we do in the ACC will probably depend on how well the linebackers can make up for shoddy d line play.

- Clemson and Miami both look like they would eat our lunch, but my gosh does the rest of this conference suck. Dare I call 8-4 "the bar" right now?
The team is 4-0 and yet you have to nitpick a program that has brought excitement and fun back to Heinz Field/Acrisure Stadium on Saturdays. WHY??? The offense is now fun to watch. Under Kade Bell, it has put up 194 points in four games so far. Last year, Pitt scored 242 the entire season (if my math is correct), why try look for things to complain about? The players and coaches are not perfect. They are going to have good games and some bad ones as well, but as long as they keep putting more points up on the scoreboard then their opponent, they will win.
Be happy and enjoy the 4-0 start!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT