ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Kang

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
Man how random is this?

Such a shame that his career and life turned out the way it did. I really liked him and thought he was on the cusp of becoming a star. I researched him a few months back and saw he flamed out in the Korean league after his off the field problems.

I thought the reason his baseball career tanked was because his off-field legal issues prevented him from obtaining a visa to return to the US.

If that piece of trash Chris Coghlin hadn't taken his knee out the Pirates would have made a run in 2015. Kang was murdering the ball before he got hurt.
I thought it was plantar fasciitis? No?

Reactions: h2p_5150
I thought the reason his baseball career tanked was because his off-field legal issues prevented him from obtaining a visa to return to the US.
I might be misremembering but perhaps both are true. I seem to remember him struggling to get back into baseball, and then when he was able to get back into the Korean league, he struggled mightily and then flamed out rather quickly.

I don’t remember the timelines, but I feel like I remember him picking up that sexual assault allegation and then the video of him drunkenly blasting his BMW into that highway exit happened in pretty quick succession. I don’t remember if that was during his injury recovery or not, though.

I don’t remember the timelines, but I feel like I remember him picking up that sexual assault allegation and then the video of him drunkenly blasting his BMW into that highway exit happened in pretty quick succession. I don’t remember if that was during his injury recovery or not, though.
Was just wondering the same. Unless I’m wrong, I’m thinking the injury came first. Would be a shame if that’s the event that started his life issues.

Was just wondering the same. Unless I’m wrong, I’m thinking the injury came first. Would be a shame if that’s the event that started his life issues.
You’re right. I looked it up. Injury late 2015, sexual assault allegation in mid 2016, DUI in Korea in late 2016. But that DUI was his third in Korea, which created the challenges to his visa in 2017. He came back to the Pirates in 2018 and 2019, but wasn’t the same player.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Man how random is this?

Such a shame that his career and life turned out the way it did. I really liked him and thought he was on the cusp of becoming a star. I researched him a few months back and saw he flamed out in the Korean league after his off the field problems.

It was all problems with alcohol....all too common and sad

Man how random is this?

great seats....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT