ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NBA Season 2023-2024

Ski11585

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
Oct 25, 2008

We're back baby! Big Giannis news yesterday. Wooooo!

Predictions.

NBA Finals: Nuggets over Bucks
MVP: Joker
Rookie of the Year: Chet Holmgren over Big Vic in a nail biter.

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
Now that Khem Birch is a FA, Artis is overseas, Wanamaker is retired, and Adams is out for the year, will this be the first NBA season with zero active Pitt players in like 50 years???

Predictions.

These are the obvious choices and I can’t say I disagree with any of them. But in this thread, I’d be interested in hearing some “other” choices.

Pick an MVP who isn’t Joker or Giannis. I’d have to go with Tatum here if the Celts can somehow finish ahead of the Bucks. And while I know the Bucks added Dame, the Celts added some big pieces too (although I’d worry about chemistry if not defense without Smart),

Pick a rookie of the year who isn’t Vic or Chet. Here I think I might go with Scoot Henderson who is going to have the ball in his hand pretty often. And I’m not convinced Chet or Vick will hold up all year.

NBA finals not the Nuggets or the Bucks? I’m still not sold on the Celts chemistry so why not the Heat again. In the other side, I think the Warriors are headed down even though I think Steph will be a the top of his game. So I’ll go with the Lakers. AD could be back with a vengeance and LeBron is still LeBron.

All NBA 1st Team.
C Jokic
F Tatum
F Giannus
G - Steph
G - Luka

(The first team is easy but let’s shake it up down the line)

C -Bam
F - AD
F - KD
G - Dame (have to do it)
G - Shai GA

C - The Process (I think the 76ers will be a bit of a mess)
F - Mikal Bridges
F - Buckets
G - Murray
G - Donovan Mitchell

(Yep - no LeBron)

Reactions: Ski11585
Now that Khem Birch is a FA, Artis is overseas, Wanamaker is retired, and Adams is out for the year, will this be the first NBA season with zero active Pitt players in like 50 years???
I assume you don’t consider Cam Johnson to be a Pitt player (and if not, why are you counting Khem Birch?).

Otherwise, the last time there was not a Pitt player in the NBA was between the 85/86 season through the 87/88. This was the stretch between Billy Knight and Smith and Lane.

Reactions: Ski11585
These are the obvious choices and I can’t say I disagree with any of them. But in this thread, I’d be interested in hearing some “other” choices.

Pick an MVP who isn’t Joker or Giannis. I’d have to go with Tatum here if the Celts can somehow finish ahead of the Bucks. And while I know the Bucks added Dame, the Celts added some big pieces too (although I’d worry about chemistry if not defense without Smart),

Pick a rookie of the year who isn’t Vic or Chet. Here I think I might go with Scoot Henderson who is going to have the ball in his hand pretty often. And I’m not convinced Chet or Vick will hold up all year.

NBA finals not the Nuggets or the Bucks? I’m still not sold on the Celts chemistry so why not the Heat again. In the other side, I think the Warriors are headed down even though I think Steph will be a the top of his game. So I’ll go with the Lakers. AD could be back with a vengeance and LeBron is still LeBron.

All NBA 1st Team.
C Jokic
F Tatum
F Giannus
G - Steph
G - Luka

C -Bam
F - AD
F - KD
G - Dame (have to do it)
G - Shai GA

F - Mikal Bridges
F - Buckets
G - Murray
G - Donovan Mitchell

(Yep - no LeBron)
There’s also a ton of good guards I left off and any these guys could easily break out and climb as high as second team. The vets are Booker, Young and Jaylen Brown, but Halliburton, Anthony Edwards, Cade Cunningham, and Jay Brunson are also poised to break out.

Predictions.

I literally cant watch college basketball on Fox since they bought Roundball Rock. It is sacreligious to use that legendary song when going to a commercial break during a DePaul/Chicago game. Yes, DePaul played a regular season game vs D3 U of Chicago. I actually did watch a little of that game last year out of curiosity.

All NBA 1st Team.
C Jokic
F Tatum
F Giannus
G - Steph
G - Luka

C -Bam
F - AD
F - KD
G - Dame (have to do it)
G - Shai GA

F - Mikal Bridges
F - Buckets
G - Murray
G - Donovan Mitchell

(Yep - no LeBron)
I’ll say Phoenix and Celts.

I assume you don’t consider Cam Johnson to be a Pitt player (and if not, why are you counting Khem Birch?).

Otherwise, the last time there was not a Pitt player in the NBA was between the 85/86 season through the 87/88. This was the stretch between Billy Knight and Smith and Lane.
I should count Cam Johnson, you’re right, which means the streak is still alive still for almost 40 years… interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT