ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NBA Thread

Good series, definitely game 7 had a different vibe than the scoring duel nights.

Looks like the stats back-up my instinct that what Miami is good at (shooting from distance) is the Bucks biggest weakness in defending. Bucks have this truly amazing opponents-FG% from 2 but are pretty mediocre against 3's; I didn't realize exactly how much so.

They need more stops and to get him going in transition. In the halfcourt, the Heat are playing him exceedingly well.

The Heat are packing the paint & trying to make others beat them. The spin move is a go to for Giannis...but Miami is ready for it and brings the double as soon as he starts to spin.

I think they could go to the old fashion deep post up such as on the left block that the Lakers use with AD. If he spins baseline it will be hard to double...so my guess is Miami will try to force him middle. If uses his jump hook & goes up quickly after one dribble to beat the double he can get his shot off a high % shot that can’t really be contested due to his size and length.

This will probably force Miami to double on the catch. If they space the floor with most of their players on the opposite side he has the ability to find the open shooter. The key is can they hit the open 3. If they start hitting the 3 it will open up things for Giannis.

Reactions: TheChair
What a lame ending to that game. A BS call and a BS makeup call.

Totally. Garbage and more garbage.

That said, Jimmy Butler cashed in on redemption because for as good as he has been in this series, that play he made in the last minute that allowed the Bucks to get within a bucket was a killer, as was the previous missed FT ...

Reactions: 4upmc
Refs shouldn't be deciding games like that. That was a ridiculous call on Giannis at the end, Butler already released the ball, then the ref decides to call a touch foul. SMH

Refs shouldn't be deciding games like that. That was a ridiculous call on Giannis at the end, Butler already released the ball, then the ref decides to call a touch foul. SMH
Plus that foul, if it was a foul, came with no time on the clock. How is that possible?

Chris Paul is trying hard right now to take the Rockets out by himself ... he may be old, but he still is an excellent offensive player.

That OKC-Rockets series was fun. The bubble playoffs have been outstanding so far.

What's everyone think for this next round?

That OKC-Rockets series was fun. The bubble playoffs have been outstanding so far.

What's everyone think for this next round?

Yeah they've been great. I like Boston and Miami (that's cheating a bit since they're both up 2) but I see both series going 6 or 7. The two LA teams both win in 5.

I'm really just here for a seven game battle for LA.

Rough calls for sure but Miami basically earned the win. They had the lead before the call against Dragic. Bucks really don't seem to have the grit I thought they could have

The officiating has really been the biggest black mark in the bubble. It hasn't been horrible, per se, but it certainly hasn't been good and has rewarded foul seeking and been quick on the technical fouls. I'd like to see the NBA work on cleaning that up as a point of emphasis next year.

Yeah they've been great. I like Boston and Miami (that's cheating a bit since they're both up 2) but I see both series going 6 or 7. The two LA teams both win in 5.

I'm really just here for a seven game battle for LA.
That’s just about how I see it as well. I had the Lakers over the Celtics at the beginning of the year, so no reason to change now.

I thought that Kemba Walker played terribly in Game 2 until the last quarter. But, tonight, he came out with one of the best first quarters of basketball that I can remember anyone playing in a long time. 17 points. Just such a natural basketball player.

Reactions: thirteenNINE
Some of the calls that are being reviewed ... I just do not get it.

Wanamaker goes up for a regular layup and there needs to be a 3 minute review because he led with his knee like basically every other player shooting every other layup in history ...

Siakam just tries to defend a dunk and gets a flagrant ... total garbage call ...

Reactions: cease10
Siakam is playing awful so far. Boston might very well sweep Toronto.

I have not watched much of the series...just turned on the game. But 13 & 17 points in the first 2 games won’t cut it. For anyone who has seen the first couple games why is he playing so bad?

I have not watched much of the series...just turned on the game. But 13 & 17 points in the first 2 games won’t cut it. For anyone who has seen the first couple games why is he playing so bad?

He looks to be in a funk individually more than anything Boston is doing to him. Just out of rhythm.

Thanks. He better come alive quick if Toronto wants a chance to get back in the series.

FWIW, these last few minutes have been his best play by far in this series.

For whatever odd reason, he has not quite taken to the bubble in general. His play has been substandard for him the entire time.

I think he is a year or two early anyway from being able to carry a large load, but they need something more approaching normal production from him soon as you note.

FWIW, these last few minutes have been his best play by far in this series.

For whatever odd reason, he has not quite taken to the bubble in general. His play has been substandard for him the entire time.

I think he is a year or two early anyway from being able to carry a large load, but they need something more approaching normal production from him soon as you note.

Yes big step up to be the “man” in the playoffs compared to regular season.

Yes big step up to be the “man” in the playoffs compared to regular season.

100%

I think Lowry needs to get to the rim on this next possession. He and Van Vleet have carried them tonight.

All of the garbage calls all night and Van Vleet does not get that call?

And, Walker makes a great pass but Siakam blew the D on that one ...

Wow crazy ending. Siakam got lucky cause his blown rotation almost blew the game. Unlikely hero in OG.

Great Ending! OG has been playing well lately and obviously that shot was HUGE!

Kyle Lowry is the heart of that team.

Plus it’s damn hard to see over or around that giant defending the inbound pass.

Makes me think of the OKC ending last night. They had 2 chances and ran garbage with everyone coming back to the ball. Even if the OG shot does not go in...nice job drawing up a last second side line out of bounds play & getting a quality shot.

The officiating has really been the biggest black mark in the bubble. It hasn't been horrible, per se, but it certainly hasn't been good and has rewarded foul seeking and been quick on the technical fouls. I'd like to see the NBA work on cleaning that up as a point of emphasis next year.

I'd say that the officiating has been very consistent, but it has been consistent in rewarding it's foul seeking.

Reactions: thirteenNINE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT