ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NBA Thread

Let’s have a bubble thread for the rest of the season. Good to be watching live sports.

I was super excited for it but then I turned it off when I saw all those ungrateful thugs disrespecting our flag !!! /sarcasm.

Awesome to have basketball back. Like watching the Pelicans but really excited for Lakers/Clippers tonight.

Still getting used to looking at the back of a player’s jersey to see who they are and seeing “Ally” or “I am a Man” lol.

but in all seriousness the opening video on TNT and the anthem were awesome.

Reactions: Ski11585
Celtics - Sixers first round would be fun
Same w battle of LA
Really enjoy the Raptors and Bucks playing with great team chemistry.

I'm excited.

Jj reddick is a pleasure to watch
Donovan Mitchell too

I absolutely hated Reddick as a college player but he’s a pleasure to watch in the pros.

As a watch guy, some of his podcasts about his watch collection are great.

LeBron getting his own rebound over five Clippers was so embarrassing for LAC. Also wow by LeBron to just go grab it as no one put a body on him.

So glad NBA is back.
Yep, seemed like Doc Rivers called it out immediately when he jumped off the bench.

On the offensive side, Kawhi seemed to be a bit hesitant with the ball, while PG was on fire.

Lebron definitely fouled PG at the end, but I was fine with the referee not calling it. It was a little too ticky tacky and it would've bailed out the Clips.

Yep, seemed like Doc Rivers called it out immediately when he jumped off the bench.

On the offensive side, Kawhi seemed to be a bit hesitant with the ball, while PG was on fire.

Lebron definitely fouled PG at the end, but I was fine with the referee not calling it. It was a little too ticky tacky and it would've bailed out the Clips.

I've posted about my hate-watching of Skip Bayless but he was in rare anti-LeBron form last night. No credit for scoring the game winning basket and no credit for playing tough D on Kawhi and PG to close out the game.

I've posted about my hate-watching of Skip Bayless but he was in rare anti-LeBron form last night. No credit for scoring the game winning basket and no credit for playing tough D on Kawhi and PG to close out the game.
I'm surprised ppl still watch Bayless and Stephen Smith in 2020, on their respective shows.

I just looked at the schedule and saw games start this afternoon at 4pm on NBA TV; Portland vs Memphis, Ja vs Dame.

Plus games all day Saturday on ESPN starting at 1.

I'm so excited!!!!!:D

I just looked at the schedule and saw games start this afternoon at 4pm on NBA TV; Portland vs Memphis, Ja vs Dame.

Plus games all day Saturday on ESPN starting at 1.

I'm so excited!!!!!:D

It's kinda like March Madness but with good basketball.

*ducks*

Reactions: pittjas
The quality of professional basketball or football is far superior to college. The draw of college sports is love of your Alma Mater, Traditions, Pageantry, and David vs Goliath in particular during March Madness.

No disagreements there. I was just doing some lighthearted trolling.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
See above. Is this all you got?
There are always talk show and message board discussions when a big name undefeated team in college basketball or football is having a really good year as to whether or not they could beat a pro team. Kentucky basketball a few years back when they were undefeated late in the year, and Alabama football beating the Browns.

Yeah there is no way an NBA team could simply spread the floor and shoot 40% on threes over a Tony Bennett pack line defense! (sarcasm.)

So has a player ever played like LeBron has at 35?

Jordan was 35 his last Bulls year (98), that would come to mind as pretty similar. Kareem of course played at a high level for many years and no one was ever better at 40. But his style of play changed, and he was down below 8 rebounds game at age 35, turning more into the hook shot option who would walk it up and down the court if the fast break didn't happen, leaving more of the rough rebounding stuff to others. Where LeBron is still playing a highly athletic, physical game.

The quality of professional basketball or football is far superior to college. The draw of college sports is love of your Alma Mater, Traditions, Pageantry, and David vs Goliath in particular during March Madness.
I don't know. Say a Jets/Jaguars game vs Alabama/Ohio State. I am not thinking the quality of the NFL game is better than college.

I don't know. Say a Jets/Jaguars game vs Alabama/Ohio State. I am not thinking the quality of the NFL game is better than college.
If it’s jets vs Alabama and jags va tosu
I’ll put the over under on the nfl team at +35 each game
As that’s the relevant comparison

the lines of scrimmage would be a blood bath .
Grown ass men with years of pro weight programs would be tossing the college kids around with superior strength and technique

See above. Is this all you got?

I mean... that's all I need. The post was clearly meant as a jab at SMF. That's all it needs to be, right?

Yeah there is no way an NBA team could simply spread the floor and shoot 40% on threes over a Tony Bennett pack line defense! (sarcasm.)

Jordan was 35 his last Bulls year (98), that would come to mind as pretty similar. Kareem of course played at a high level for many years and no one was ever better at 40. But his style of play changed, and he was down below 8 rebounds game at age 35, turning more into the hook shot option who would walk it up and down the court if the fast break didn't happen, leaving more of the rough rebounding stuff to others. Where LeBron is still playing a highly athletic, physical game.

Something to think about is that I don't think a simple age comparison is appropriate. LeBron has played over 7,000 minutes more than Jordan.

It is a small list of guys that were this elite at 35. Jordan and Kareem come immediately to mind.

Another I would submit is Tim Duncan, who was basically elite until his last few years though the Spurs heavily diminished his minutes by 35 (he went down 12 MPG from ages 25 to 35). Kareem was better at 35 though, I think.

Steve Nash was historically great for efficiency at 35. He was a PG monster at that stage, just like Chris Paul has managed to be now but Nash was more efficient (historically so for his position).

Hakeem and Kobe put in their last great seasons at 34. Hakeem sustained for awhile after then while the Achilles injury took Kobe out at 34.

At the end of the day, at 35, it is LeBron and Michael/Michael and LeBron. But, it is that way for much of basketball history now.

LeBron is arguably the most special athlete ever, as is Jordan. Watching him is a special thing; just enjoy it while it lasts.

If it’s jets vs Alabama and jags va tosu
I’ll put the over under on the nfl team at +35 each game
As that’s the relevant comparison

the lines of scrimmage would be a blood bath .
Grown ass men with years of pro weight programs would be tossing the college kids around with superior strength and technique
I am not saying the players are better. But the quality of game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT