ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New season of Bosch drops today...

I still have to catch up but love this show.
Never heard of it?? I refuse to buy premium channels. No sports, just zombies, Ludlum wannabes, soap operas serial killers. I need guys with whistles, starter pistols and cheerleaders/dance teams. Is that too much to ask??

Never heard of it?? I refuse to buy premium channels. No sports, just zombies, Ludlum wannabes, soap operas serial killers. I need guys with whistles, starter pistols and cheerleaders/dance teams. Is that too much to ask??
It's on Amazon Prime

Cool ... Binged it through what was up over the last few months. Definitely quality TV.

Currently, as usual a bit behind the trend, finishing binging Ozark, currently at S3 E7.

Know what is next now.

Good to see others mention Bosch. I’ve always thought it was good but it seemed to never get mentioned much in the multiple prior threads on here about series to watch on streaming services.

And here my wife was binge watching the prior 5 seasons of Bosch over the last few weeks so we could watch the new season together. Except she didn’t realize it and blew right into season 6 without me and is on episode 5 already.

Reactions: pitt-girl
I need another binge after finishing Ozark. Can't bring myself yet to watch Tiger King for some reason. What is Bosch about??

I need another binge after finishing Ozark. Can't bring myself yet to watch Tiger King for some reason. What is Bosch about??

Owt,

Bosch is an LAPD detective. The series is from a collection of Harry Bosch novels by Michael Connelly who is one of the best in the business. The novels date back to the early 90's.

While I have not read all, The Concrete Blonde and The Narrows were terrific

If you enjoy the amazon series you will love the book (s).

I never heard much discussion on HBO's The Outsider. Did anyone watch this? And if so, what were your thoughts? How does Bosch compare?

It is the PERFECT vehicle for Titus Welliver (Silas Adams from Deadwood).
It is a bit slow at times, but is about as good of a detective series as you can get, lots of intertwining story lines, keeps you guessing a bit.

It’s honestly boring

the first episode I was like “this is incredible , can’t wait to watch this trash tv train wreck “

I fell asleep on the rest and never finished
Just fyi - the series really gained its footing in Season 2 and never looked back. I'd try again.

I think you're really enjoy it.

Have you watched "The Boys" yet? Only 1 season. Terrific but not for the feint of heart. (Oh and btw - I have zero interest in Tiger King myself. I'm sure the documentary may be good but I can't bring myself to watch those beautiful creatures in cages.)

The Bosch books (Michael Connelly is a terrific writer) are great...in each book, Bosch and the surrounding characters age, so he’s not this 35 year old detective in each book...Highly recommended!

The Amazon Prime show is well done, and captures Bosch quite well.

Just finished Ozark. Season 3 was a WOW!

Hail to PITT!
-al-

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT