ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Next year's ACC schedule

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
With a 20 game schedule, there would need to be 22 "rounds," for lack of a better term. Like Monday-Thursday is a Round, and the weekend is another Round. In soccer, they call them matchdays, but I cant think of a better term. Anyway, since each team would receive 2 "byes," here's how I see the scheduling going

Round 1: Nov 5-7 (Duke has a bye due to the Champions Classic)

Round 2: Fri-Sun Dec 27-29
Round 3: Mon-Thu Dec 30-Jan 2
Round 4: Fri-Sun Jan 3-5
and so on until
Round 22: Fri-Sat Mar 6-7

This would mean we'd probably play 3 ACC games before January 1 which I like.

I hope they do away with the permanent crossover rivals. The only permanent ones should be the in-state ones. UVa/VT, UNC/Duke, UNC/NC State, Wake/NC State, Duke/Wake, Miami/FSU. Pitt/Louisville, BC/VT, and ND/GT are not rivalries that need protection

With a 20 game schedule, there would need to be 22 "rounds," for lack of a better term. Like Monday-Thursday is a Round, and the weekend is another Round. In soccer, they call them matchdays, but I cant think of a better term. Anyway, since each team would receive 2 "byes," here's how I see the scheduling going

and so on until

I hope they do away with the permanent crossover rivals. The only permanent ones should be the in-state ones. UVa/VT, UNC/Duke, UNC/NC State, Wake/NC State, Duke/Wake, Miami/FSU. Pitt/Louisville, BC/VT, and ND/GT are not rivalries that need protection
I don’t think you can protect some and not others. But that would mean duke/unc don’t get two gaurenteed games. I think as it sits now we have two permanent rivals, cuse and UL? If I am right maybe just lower it to one permanent rival then open it up.

and so on until

I don’t think you can protect some and not others. But that would mean duke/unc don’t get two gaurenteed games. I think as it sits now we have two permanent rivals, cuse and UL? If I am right maybe just lower it to one permanent rival then open it up.

You can do anything you want as long as everyone is in agreement. If you mandate 2 then you get Pitt/Lou and GT/ND which aren't rivalries. If you mandate 1, you upset the Carolina schools. Let them have their 2. Not everyone needs a protected rivalry. Let's say Syracuse was taken from us, we would still play them twice about every other year. Thats fine

ADVERTISEMENT