ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Okay, another episode of "what are we cooking this holiday??"

recruitsreadtheseboards

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 11, 2006
First off, I do want to say, when I say when I am making, I am NOT making it up. I mean I am actually making this stuff.
So here we are, Easter Weekend. Perhaps not as ceremonious as Thanksgiving or Christmas, but in some ways less boundaries.

So tomorrow, Eastern Saturday........ Your basic ham, potato salad, broccoli cheese salad. This is my basic homage to growing up here, and those Eastern dinners. Though have to admit, ham sammiches rule.

Easter Sunday.
Leg of Lamb. Elysian Farms (Washington County) some of the best lamb in the world! Seriously. I am cooking the same lamb as guys like Thomas Keller, Daniel Bouloud and Eric Ripert. Cooking it on a rotisserie over charcoal and wood. Loaded with garlic, herb, lemon.
I have all kinds of mint growing around me. So making a mint chimichurri with herbs, garlic, vinegar, etc...
This is going to be awesome. Salt and Vinegar Smashed Potatoes.
Asparagus with a Burre Blanc and Lemon sauce.
Roasted carrots barbecued on the grill with a home made ranch.
Garlic Bread (home made) special request.
I got a Two Hand, Lily's Garden Shiraz from Australia to go along with dinner.

Enjoy.

At least this is a topic that is better than at least 90% of the stuff that I see on here, especially on the hoops board.

In any case, very impressive recruits! Sounds delicious and I'll bet the aromas are delightful. Bon apetit!

Just the 2 of us. Small lean ham cooked.in orange juice with cloves. Scalloped potatoes, fresh asparagus, and pickled beets with horseradish.
The ham juices make a great base for the follow up meal of ham, cabbage, and potato soup.
Carrying on my mom’s traditional Easter meal.
Have a couple bottles of a nice French unoaked Chardonnay.

Your lamb sounds awesome. Publics here in HHI, carries the lamb you are roasting. Bone in. Sounds awesome. I’m the only lamb fan in my family. Enjoy.

Ham, grilled lollipop lamb chops, green bean casserole, cheesy potatoes, rice with mushrooms, salad and an assortment of desserts. Dinner for @40.

We didn't go all out at all here. We're in a state of chaos as we are preparing to move into a second house and have stuff we have acquired for this everywhere. The kids are all back, and had their boyfriend and girlfriends over for a meal. Then we had to sort out the various dietary requirements of vegetarian and gluten. So we basically made roast vegetable skewers, salad, falafel, lamb and chicken skewers. And wine. Lots of it. That was key.
Then made cheesesteaks to pregame for the Highlanders rugby the following afternoon. The vegetarians were gone by then, so I did my own thing. I freeze a ribeye roast so I can shave it very thin.
The rugby was very exciting. The Highlanders lost lteraly by a centimeter. The horn had sounded down by 1, and they reached out for the try line and the defenders hand their hands under the ball, so it did not ground. Went to replay review, and the call of "no try" stood. Boring first half, but the second half did not disappoint.
We're completely chilling out for Easter. Beer league hockey never takes a day off, so there is that...

I decided to get a turkey and brine it. Going to spatchcock it and should only take 2 hours or less in the oven

Ham? On Easter? That's weird. Anyways Easter is next Sunday not today, and isn't the typical Easter Sunday an entire lamb on a spit, after all Easter is the number one biggest ceremonious food holiday of them all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT