ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anyone doing any Grillin' and Chillin' this holiday weekend??

recruitsreadtheseboards

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 11, 2006
As we now come out of this pandemic, lots of family and friend gathering got the green light. The weather sucks, but my family wanted me to do this today (which is okay, no one works tomorrow so I can drink) but I am doing an Argentian style Asado or Parilla grill. I got some beef short ribs, a nice Picanha roast, a Try Tip and some small Bavette steaks, along with Morcilla (Boudin Noir) and Lamb Merguez sausages. Roasted potatoes, grilled veggies, homemade Chimichurri Sauce and Salsa Croilla (roasted tomatoes, onions and peppers), a fruit salad, and a Watermelon/Feta/Mint salad that is just fantastic. My Sis in Law who is Puerto Rican is making Empanadas.

I am outside right now minding the grill, I guess I am a gaucho....in 55 degree weather on the next to last day in May!

As we now come out of this pandemic, lots of family and friend gathering got the green light. The weather sucks, but my family wanted me to do this today (which is okay, no one works tomorrow so I can drink) but I am doing an Argentian style Asado or Parilla grill. I got some beef short ribs, a nice Picanha roast, a Try Tip and some small Bavette steaks, along with Morcilla (Boudin Noir) and Lamb Merguez sausages. Roasted potatoes, grilled veggies, homemade Chimichurri Sauce and Salsa Croilla (roasted tomatoes, onions and peppers), a fruit salad, and a Watermelon/Feta/Mint salad that is just fantastic. My Sis in Law who is Puerto Rican is making Empanadas.

I am outside right now minding the grill, I guess I am a gaucho....in 55 degree weather on the next to last day in May!
It’s 49 degrees so I’ll definitely be chillin.

What is your address? It will take a few days to get there, so keep the grill on!
That does sound delicious. It's Monday here and back at work. Long sad sigh....

Man it was really good. I can't believe how good the Morcilla and Merguez was. The beef was great, and the two salads really helped not make it so heavy. I got a ton of leftovers though, hard to reheat steak. Malbec was flowing, is flowing nicely. Actually, it was nice building the fire and grilling without sweating my ass off.

One of the most surprising things about Amsterdam was the volume of Argentinian steak houses. They were like on every block. Just not something I'd associate with Amsterdam.

One of the most surprising things about Amsterdam was the volume of Argentinian steak houses. They were like on every block. Just not something I'd associate with Amsterdam.
Spent a lot of time in Amsterdam. Never noticed any Argentinian restaurants, but I did do plenty of window shopping. I’d bet at least a lady or two were Argentinian.

Man it was really good. I can't believe how good the Morcilla and Merguez was. The beef was great, and the two salads really helped not make it so heavy. I got a ton of leftovers though, hard to reheat steak. Malbec was flowing, is flowing nicely. Actually, it was nice building the fire and grilling without sweating my ass off.
Cold steak sammy’s on rye bread with a little Dijon mustard, are fantastic. Or you can use your leftover sauces.
Also, you can do a quick pan fry with onions and hot pepper, and put rye bread. Awesome as well.

These good threads had me craving a cheese steak. Hadn't had one in years. Sliced ribeye real thin, and had it with onion, mushrooms, capsicum and jalapeno on toasted buns. Was awesome.

Grilled standard fare yesterday, today the smoker gets pork tenderloins marinated in my own concoction.

Had an early cookout, headed to the Pirates-Royals game this evening... thank you to those who served!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT