ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Pirate Hodgepodge

13-9!

Reynolds tells the fans they are the best in the league. What?????

AJ wore a “Cutch Happens” tee and his sons wore a “sit the F down” shirt and a Barry bonds pirate jersey. Epic.

13-9!

Reynolds tells the fans they are the best in the league. What?????

AJ wore a “Cutch Happens” tee and his sons wore a “sit the F down” shirt and a Barry bonds pirate jersey. Epic.
I’m glad the team is now adopting the Pgh Clothing Company as their retailer of choice over Shop 412. Still not happy with them after what they pulled on us a few years ago.

Saturday morning, 1130 am.
All three children are back for the Holiday.
We're watching the replay of the Burnley match to see if they can clinch promotion to the EPL.
The youngsters drank too much and couldn't get up at 7 am to watch it live.
Nice . A Saturday morning breakfast and good home opener to watch the Buccos ... My kids sound like yours ... 😁

Reactions: USN_Panther
Saturday morning, 1130 am.
All three children are back for the Holiday.
We're watching the replay of the Burnley match to see if they can clinch promotion to the EPL.
The youngsters drank too much and couldn't get up at 7 am to watch it live.
Quite an impressive manager you guys have at Burnley.

Thing is about Cutch…he’s a really good man on so many levels. He loves God, loves his family and loves Pittsburgh. It’s a shame for him that he cost himself 100 million dollars signing that contract with the pirates back in the day. And now Bryan Reynolds is in a similar situation.

Nice . A Saturday morning breakfast and good home opener to watch the Buccos ... My kids sound like yours ... 😁
My daughter's boyfriend watches Burnley like I watch Pitt.
I know the result and it would not surprise me if he runs around the house outside naked. He's usually pretty chill, but he is all jacked up watching this.

• Haha
Reactions: Fk_Pitt
My daughter's boyfriend watches Burnley like I watch Pitt.
I know the result and it would not surprise me if he runs around the house outside naked. He's usually pretty chill, but he is all jacked up watching this.
Well I’d imagine being a Burnley fan is a lot like being a pirate fan as far as sport’s economics go. The difference is I’m not sure many pirate fans have that kind of passion.

I enjoyed the opener and think this could be a likable team again. Obviously plenty of holes need filled but perhaps the arrow is up. It’s too bad they didn’t fill more holes and make a run at a WC while Cutch is here and contributing. This could be his last ride. Which brings me to my question. What the heck are they doing at the catcher position? Granted we got 3 hits out of the backup last night, but no team can be serious if their starter is a career .181 hitter. With hitters like that, they might as well let their pitchers bat and DH for him instead. I suppose they are waiting for their young prospects to come up later this season?

Maybe Pitt basketball won't be the biggest turnaround story of 2023 in PIttsburgh?

As far as catcher goes, they have Endy Rodriguez at Indianapolis who is a very good hitter. The reason/excuse they give for him not coming north with the team is his defense isn't MLB ready?

Henry, the C they took #1 a couple years ago is still learning, and some say his best position will not be C.

Any time the Pirates say something like that though, you have to think there's a $$$ angle. They'll be here eventually if these schlubs can hold the fort until then.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
What do you guys think of this? On one hand, I think it’s a pretty good tweet. It’s very well done, and it’s a finger in the face of Ekersley and the Red Sox. On the other hand, it’s one very small sample size, and it’s a bad look being that it’s coming from the teams official site. Plus, you’re still the Pirates.

To be honest, other than Devers, Red Sox roster not that much better than the Pirates.

I enjoyed the opener and think this could be a likable team again. Obviously plenty of holes need filled but perhaps the arrow is up. It’s too bad they didn’t fill more holes and make a run at a WC while Cutch is here and contributing. This could be his last ride. Which brings me to my question. What the heck are they doing at the catcher position? Granted we got 3 hits out of the backup last night, but no team can be serious if their starter is a career .181 hitter. With hitters like that, they might as well let their pitchers bat and DH for him instead. I suppose they are waiting for their young prospects to come up later this season?
Like FreeportPanther said, I think they’re just trying to find a stopgap catcher until Endy Rodriguez and/or Henry Davis are called up. I also think that might be the idea behind not filling *every* hole with a major league player; there’s going to be a lot of call-ups over the next two seasons. Hopefully Cutch is around for another year so that he can really have a shot at going out on a playoff run.

Like FreeportPanther said, I think they’re just trying to find a stopgap catcher until Endy Rodriguez and/or Henry Davis are called up. I also think that might be the idea behind not filling *every* hole with a major league player; there’s going to be a lot of call-ups over the next two seasons. Hopefully Cutch is around for another year so that he can really have a shot at going out on a playoff run.
Cutch looks to be in pretty good shape. If he can still produce adequately, there's probably no reason he would't come back another year if he wants to.
The $$ wouldn't be prohibitive at this stage of his career and his influence would certainly be good for the young guys.
Pittsburgh fans love the guy, and the feeling is obviously mutual.

Cutch looks to be in pretty good shape. If he can still produce adequately, there's probably no reason he would't come back another year if he wants to.
The $$ wouldn't be prohibitive at this stage of his career and his influence would certainly be good for the young guys.
Pittsburgh fans love the guy, and the feeling is obviously mutual.
It’s really an interesting relationship between him and the city. He’s not the charismatic guy, and it’s not the most glamorous city. Yet both have an incredible fondness for each other. Mario is a similar example of the same…except their careers are vastly different.

It’s really an interesting relationship between him and the city. He’s not the charismatic guy, and it’s not the most glamorous city. Yet both have an incredible fondness for each other. Mario is a similar example of the same…except their careers are vastly different.
He has continued to live here, and his wife is from Western PA, Dubois I believe.
He was a huge part of the last hurrah for the Pirates, and has never done anything unprofessional. First rate player and man.
What's not to love in this day and age??

He has continued to live here, and his wife is from Western PA, Dubois I believe.
He was a huge part of the last hurrah for the Pirates, and has never done anything unprofessional. First rate player and man.
What's not to love in this day and age??
I love him for the man he is. Good, religious family man. Guys like him in this day and age aren’t the cup of tea for the hoi Polloi. They like trash talking nimrods and freaks and weirdos.

Reactions: mike 301
Let's play guess the attendance today? Lucky its a weekend and nice weather. Plus Pens at 1PM. I say 17,000. Half full half empty.

Let's play guess the attendance today? Lucky its a weekend and nice weather. Plus Pens at 1PM. I say 17,000. Half full half empty.
What’s funny is yesterday it was tough to see the crowd size because everyone was in black. It looked full.

Then when they panned close, some sections had rows and rows of empty seats. So that had me wondering if the crowd was closer to 30k than 40k. But they announced a sellout and that surprised me.

I love him for the man he is. Good, religious family man. Guys like him in this day and age aren’t the cup of tea for the hoi Polloi. They like trash talking nimrods and freaks and weirdos.
Nobody cares. Let’s stick to baseball. “Freaks and weirdos” have been playing pro sports for decades. Unless you blacked out during the 90s and forgot Dennis Rodman.

Reactions: mike 301
Nobody cares. Let’s stick to baseball. “Freaks and weirdos” have been playing pro sports for decades. Unless you blacked out during the 90s and forgot Dennis Rodman.
I won’t respond to Freeport as he’s trying to go political. But I’ll play with you. More popular and marketable, Rodman or McCutcheon?

I won’t respond to Freeport as he’s trying to go political. But I’ll play with you. More popular and marketable, Rodman or McCutcheon?
25 years ago ? Cutch . Today ? Rodman is way behind in these crazy times .
Unless he were to play wearing a skirt ..
Jack Lambert is probably just shaking his head these days ...

• Haha
I would argue that Rodman was and still is way more popular.

ETA: Probably not going to engage further on this line of discussion though because from my perspective you both are making it political.

Reactions: FreeportPanther
from my perspective you both are making it political.
There was not one ounce of politics in this discussion until Freeport brought MAGA into it for some strange reason.

And political discussion in our times usually means that there is a left and right position. If my post that mentioned family, religion, freaks and weirdos was deemed as political, then we truly are doomed.

Discourse doesn’t have to be political. It’s a shame that everyone either wants it to be, or thinks that it is.

I would argue that Rodman was and still is way more popular.

He certainly played on far more championship and near championship teams, so it is no surprise that he would be the more well known of the two.

I guess the question would be is Rodman actually popular, or is he just notorious? More people surely know Rodman, but do more people actually like Rodman? And I get that in 2023 most people probably don't care which is which.

There was not one ounce of politics in this discussion until Freeport brought MAGA into it for some strange reason.

And political discussion in our times usually means that there is a left and right position. If my post that mentioned family, religion, freaks and weirdos was deemed as political, then we truly are doomed.

Discourse doesn’t have to be political. It’s a shame that everyone either wants it to be, or thinks that it is.
Yeah I’d say it’s a sad statement when you mention family and religion relative to McCutcheon and Ski says it borders on political.

Looks like the Rich Hill experiment won't last long. Lucky for him, he's eligible for social security so he can fall back on that.

What a ridiculous signing for that amount of $$, or any amount of $$ for that matter!

Some of the young arms in Indianapolis need to get up here ASAP.
This guy is an antique!!!
VainRingedCanary-max-1mb.gif

Look man. You’re too smart for this “who me” act. You’re doing that thing other posters have called you out for, which is clearly inserting politics and then trying to act surprised when folks call you out on it.

Be better. You could have made your point about Cutch without referencing god, freaks, or anything else.

• Love
Reactions: FreeportPanther
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT