ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Pittsburgh Deli

We went to Isaly's main location on Boulevard of the Allies pretty often when I was a kid. The thing I remember most was their "skyscraper" ice cream cones

image_lsalys_icecream.jpg

We went to Isaly's main location on Boulevard of the Allies pretty often when I was a kid. The thing I remember most was their "skyscraper" ice cream cones

image_lsalys_icecream.jpg
They weren't just in Pittsburgh, they where everywhere in Western PA, I know they had one in New Castle.

It was always called “chipped ham” from Isaly.

This is true.

Islay's had 'chipped ham'. God I loved frying that up after school and making myself a sandwich was i was like 10. In Birmingham, AL there were so many steel mill transplants there that the local grocery store had chipped ham too from all the request.

It would be cool to open Italy bar that sold really good beer and chipped ham sandwich’s

Do your self a favor and go to Fazio's in Arnold and get a pound of Polish Ham. Its as good as it gets
YES! And that is where exactly I am talking about. Their Polish ham, sliced really thin, almost shaved is so effing good. From my childhood until now. Thank you. That is exactly who I was thinking about when I posted my comment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT