ADVERTISEMENT

Ot Rust resigned

I wouldn’t be so sure of that lower price comment. Look at the salaries of defencemen....3 mill doesn’t get you much.
Yeah, I'm not sure he would be cheaper, but he is a better player, younger, and probably won't get the term, at least.

Yeah, I'm not sure he would be cheaper, but he is a better player, younger, and probably won't get the term, at least.

I’ll wait till I see JJ in a Pens uniform before I judge. I would not have touched Shcultz or Oleksiak either.....and now both are long term cogs for the future on the back end.

I’ll wait till I see JJ in a Pens uniform before I judge. I would not have touched Shcultz or Oleksiak either.....and now both are long term cogs for the future on the back end.
I don't think Oleksiak is a "long term cog" and I wouldn't expect him to get the kind of money or term that would be commensurate with that. Probably something like 2 years for $4M total or less.

I don't think Oleksiak is a "long term cog" and I wouldn't expect him to get the kind of money or term that would be commensurate with that. Probably something like 2 years for $4M total or less.

He’s getting a 1 year, 1.5 million qualifier. If he performs the same, bank on him getting close to 3 in the 4 year range.

He’s getting a 1 year, 1.5 million qualifier. If he performs the same, bank on him getting close to 3 in the 4 year range.
They are going to negotiate, which means they are talking about a 2 or 3 year deal, but it won't be for much money. He won't be getting $3M and 4 years next year from the Penguins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT