ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stanley Cup Finals

http://www.montanasports.com/2018/0...ys-football-exposure-nets-nearly-160-million/

Wyoming paid a company to evaluate how much the additional exposure from their football program and Josh Allen helped to generate $$$ for the university. Came out to about $160 million between August 2017 and May 2018. Article goes in to detail about the breakdown of all the factors they calculated.

If Wyoming football generates this kind of $$$, how much do you think a successful football and basketball program would do for Pitt?

Never liked this guy. As a Pen I tolerated him but I think he is borderline dirty player.

Screw him, rooting for Vegas and Fleury all the way at this point.

My thing with Orpik is that he seems to think he is a lot tougher than he is. I imagine he will be a lot less reckless with Reaves and Engelland on the other side of the ice. On the same hand, Wilson will be a ghost because he is a sissy.

My thing with Orpik is that he seems to think he is a lot tougher than he is. I imagine he will be a lot less reckless with Reaves and Engelland on the other side of the ice. On the same hand, Wilson will be a ghost because he is a sissy.

But Orpik will never fight anyone like that. He rarely fights now and only when absolutely needed to defend himself. I don't think he will change his game based on those two to be honest because he will never drop with either of them. So unless those two want to get 5 minute penalities for jumping Orpik nothing will happen.

But Orpik will never fight anyone like that. He rarely fights now and only when absolutely needed to defend himself. I don't think he will change his game based on those two to be honest because he will never drop with either of them. So unless those two want to get 5 minute penalities for jumping Orpik nothing will happen.

Agreed. I started taking an issue with Orpik after his shot that broke Crosby's jaw. He's not a goal scorer and that shot injury took away any chance Crosby had to create chemistry with Iginla prior to the start of the playoffs. That was a stupid and selfish play and while that 2013 had bigger coaching issues it certianly didn't help their cause when the playoffs started. It still ticks me off a little to type this.

Agreed. I started taking an issue with Orpik after his shot that broke Crosby's jaw. He's not a goal scorer and that shot injury took away any chance Crosby had to create chemistry with Iginla prior to the start of the playoffs. That was a stupid and selfish play and while that 2013 had bigger coaching issues it certianly didn't help their cause when the playoffs started. It still ticks me off a little to type this.

I never really liked him as a Pen. I tolerated him because at times that physical game is definitely needed. But I always said he was a dirty player and when he left it simply gave me no reason to even come close to liking anything about him.

This has been really fun so far. I think Mike Emerick said it best last night, "this is a blast, unless you are a fan of one of these two teams, then it is agony". And certainly that was the agony many of us felt over the previous two years that ended up into sheer joy and elation. I guess it is like heroin in some respects.

But not really having a dog in the hunt, and being OK to see MAF win, or even seeing Ovy finally get his, this is great. Holtby's save was absolutely amazing. If the Caps win, it will go down as one of the best ever. Maybe the greatest ever. But just like Frankie Pieterangelo's save in 1991, it's true value is not yet written until it is all played out.

This has been really fun so far. I think Mike Emerick said it best last night, "this is a blast, unless you are a fan of one of these two teams, then it is agony". And certainly that was the agony many of us felt over the previous two years that ended up into sheer joy and elation. I guess it is like heroin in some respects.

But not really having a dog in the hunt, and being OK to see MAF win, or even seeing Ovy finally get his, this is great. Holtby's save was absolutely amazing. If the Caps win, it will go down as one of the best ever. Maybe the greatest ever. But just like Frankie Pieterangelo's save in 1991, it's true value is not yet written until it is all played out.
Well said...

Imagine how good it would be if they put the thugs in the box every time they acted up.

I'd much rather see Vegas win. However, this Caps team is really really good and I would not be surprised to see them take it. Similarly, I do not care for Oshie, Wilson or Niskanen but I have no reason to root against Ovechkin. I'm with you and Doc. I hope it goes 6 or 7 and they are all like the first 2.

Never liked this guy. As a Pen I tolerated him but I think he is borderline dirty player.

Screw him, rooting for Vegas and Fleury all the way at this point.
I hated brooks When he played here the fact he plays for the caps makes me hate the guy more than pretty much any athlete on the planet

Why did you hate him here?
cause he would turn the puck over in our zone every other time he touched the puck. also, people who's first name ends in an "S" annoys me, it comes off as trying to be different for the sake of being different. it's like adults who still use the child version of their name. Like "mikey" or "Bradley", no, that's what you call yourself when you're 8, you're an adult now, you are no longer Billy, you are bill.

cause he would turn the puck over in our zone every other time he touched the puck. also, people who's first name ends in an "S" annoys me, it comes off as trying to be different for the sake of being different. it's like adults who still use the child version of their name. Like "mikey" or "Bradley", no, that's what you call yourself when you're 8, you're an adult now, you are no longer Billy, you are bill.

OK Chuckie.

No love for one of the most iconic shifts in pens history when brooksie or is it brooksy took out 3 red wings like bowling pins?

I remember Americans cheering for Sidney Crosby and Canada over Brooks Orpik and Team USA in the Olympics, so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that many are choosing Marc Andre Fleury and Sin City over Orpik and our nation's capital.

I remember Americans cheering for Sidney Crosby and Canada over Brooks Orpik and Team USA in the Olympics, so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that many are choosing Marc Andre Fleury and Sin City over Orpik and our nation's capital.
wait, you think we should all root for Washington sports teams because it's our nation's capital? That's stupid.

I am kind of with you on your first sentence though, during Olympics, you should root for USA over Geno in Russia or sid in Canada. That's a different argument though than rooting for the capitals over another team because it's our nation's capital. I freakin hate the caps

Of course you do, their name ends with an S.
Do you seriously root for the redskins, nationals, caps, just because they are from Washington? Seriously, that’s weird.

I’m as patriotic as they come but I find myself openly rooting against the men’s Olympic basketball team every summer olympics.

This pregame BS is officially out of hand. In LV it was a different story because the games were exciting. Last night they bring out Pat Sajak, a guy who appeals to baby boomers and older (maybe) and its followed by a snooze fest.

This series has perfectly encapsulated why the NHL cannot get out of its own way. Here’s a hint, geniuses, perhaps you ought to focus more on the product on the ice rather than the sideshow BS.

The reason Metallica works in SJ and Carrie Underwood in Nashville is the connection (albeit hokey and over the top) last night was bizarre followed by boring. Once again, the good ol boy network of the NHL is showing they don’t have a clue how to handle the big time.

This pregame BS is officially out of hand. In LV it was a different story because the games were exciting. Last night they bring out Pat Sajak, a guy who appeals to baby boomers and older (maybe) and its followed by a snooze fest.

This series has perfectly encapsulated why the NHL cannot get out of its own way. Here’s a hint, geniuses, perhaps you ought to focus more on the product on the ice rather than the sideshow BS.

The reason Metallica works in SJ and Carrie Underwood in Nashville is the connection (albeit hokey and over the top) last night was bizarre followed by boring. Once again, the good ol boy network of the NHL is showing they don’t have a clue how to handle the big time.

I have to admit, Sajak being trotted out was pretty funny. Last night's game wasn't the best, but the first two games were fantastic so about the "on the ice" product, I think the NHL is much better now than the garbage of a few years ago and especially in the late 90's and 2000's,

One thing that irritates me is the sing songing of the opposition's goalie after every goal. On Ovy's goal, Fleury made like 4 great saves in a span of 10 seconds before he scored. It was not his fault.

Reactions: USN_Panther
I have to admit, Sajak being trotted out was pretty funny. Last night's game wasn't the best, but the first two games were fantastic so about the "on the ice" product, I think the NHL is much better now than the garbage of a few years ago and especially in the late 90's and 2000's,

One thing that irritates me is the sing songing of the opposition's goalie after every goal. On Ovy's goal, Fleury made like 4 great saves in a span of 10 seconds before he scored. It was not his fault.
Fluery was like those goalies in commercials with their legs and arms fending off 30 pucks in 15 seconds.

Not his fault but just a guess
....he’s not stealing Vegas a Cup.

Caps look too good right now , no???

Which one is “Sin City” again?

Reactions: Chaos
Do you seriously root for the redskins, nationals, caps, just because they are from Washington? Seriously, that’s weird.

I’m as patriotic as they come but I find myself openly rooting against the men’s Olympic basketball team every summer olympics.
Me too.

Fluery was like those goalies in commercials with their legs and arms fending off 30 pucks in 15 seconds.

Not his fault but just a guess
....he’s not stealing Vegas a Cup.

Caps look too good right now , no???

Washington looks terrific, there’s no doubt about that. However, I think the series has been on the razors edge. I think Vegas out-played Washington in the first game and Washington outplayed Vegas in the past two games. That’s why it stands at 2-1. However, I think this thing is far from over.

Vegas has scored nine goals in the Final and FOUR of them have come from their fourth line. That’s either a really good sign for them or a really bad sign for them.

To me, if they can get anything come their first line, and especially their second line, and they can kill most of their penalties, they are going to win the series.

Washington looks terrific, there’s no doubt about that. However, I think the series has been on the razors edge. I think Vegas out-played Washington in the first game and Washington outplayed Vegas in the past two games. That’s why it stands at 2-1. However, I think this thing is far from over.

Vegas has scored nine goals in the Final and FOUR of them have come from their fourth line. That’s either a really good sign for them or a really bad sign for them.

To me, if they can get anything come their first line, and especially their second line, and they can kill most of their penalties, they are going to win the series.

I think Washington outworked LV in game 3. Vegas was in control (albeit not getting the puck in the net) in period three, then Beagle flat out out-hustled the LV D-man and turn out the lights. That was a great play and plays like that win Stanley Cups.

I watched that game in a sports pub in southern New Zealand at noon on Sunday. There were probably 25 people watching the hockey on the big screen. There were about 10 watching a provincial netball game at the other end of the bar. It usually requires some effort just to get the pubs to play the ice hockey games. But yesterday the game was on when I arrived with a decent crowd already watching it, and people were really into the game. I think this is a good finals match-up to grow the fanbase.

Reactions: Dr. von Yinzer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT