ADVERTISEMENT

OT Steelers/Browns observations from a person there

Saboteur II

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2020
1. I’m too old to put up with thousands of foul mouthed drunk off their ass brave men wearing jerseys of other grown men in close proximity to me. Stupid + alcohol + mob mentality was out in full force.

2. Pickett was shell shocked after that 1st down sprint sack on the opening play. The hit was brutal, and Garrett was shot from a cannon. I did not see replay but that play set the tone for the rest of what was a poorly played game by both teams.

3. I see where Pickett is under fire and rightfully so (see 4) but I assure you not even Tom Brady could move this team. The receivers do not get separation and the line is a sieve.

4. On the late field goal drive Kenny missed a wide open receiver that would have easily been 6. He left the pocket too soon and got sacked. That was on him.

5. Our best running back is not the 1st rounder and it ain’t close.

6. I was there so I can assure you that the middle of the field was not fenced off. Why no throws?

7. That was a game that should have been won and Canadas play calling on the last drive was atrocious.

8. Cleveland would be a great town were it not for the people.

9. Nice dinner in Little Italy after the game but don’t like being charged extra for bread in an Italian restaurant. Bury the cost across the board.

I graduated Pitt in 1979 and have been in Ohio south of Cleveland ever since. Still a diehard everything Pittsburgh fan, follow the Cavs because there’s no NBA in the Burgh.

You are way off base with your ‘if not for the people’ comment on Cleveland. You’re really going to categorize Cleveland based on what you see at a Steelers/Browns game?

Visiting team NFL fans are asking for it.
Meh, not really. There might be a few incidents here and there where someone is attacked or effed with. But I’ve been to tons of away games. Act like an asshole, except to be treated accordingly. Keep it good natured and fun, no issues.

Cleve can be an exception. I’ve heard stories of cars with PA license plates being effed with. But I was there, Cincy and Baltimore multiple times and wasn’t involved in any trouble. Some guys who we met up with down there were seated elsewhere and did get into a fight. But that’s who they are.

Reactions: Pitt79
I was at the Green Bay game and like the OP I agree about being in that type of crowd. It’s a PITA, mainly because it drains most of your Sunday and it’s just as easy to stay and watch from home.

As far as the Steelers offense is concerned, “pedestrian” is being kind.

Reactions: Saboteur II
I graduated Pitt in 1979 and have been in Ohio south of Cleveland ever since. Still a diehard everything Pittsburgh fan, follow the Cavs because there’s no NBA in the Burgh.

You are way off base with your ‘if not for the people’ comment on Cleveland. You’re really going to categorize Cleveland based on what you see at a Steelers/Browns game?
When fans scream “**** you” at your wife and your neighbors laugh, I sure as hell am.
And define “south of Cleveland”. That’s called Summit county,

Akron/Canton area, summit and stark counties.

I’ll stand by it, you’re way off base if you’re going to categorize Clevelanders based on what you see/experience at a Browns/Steelers game.

Reactions: Ronnyp91
I was at the Green Bay game and like the OP I agree about being in that type of crowd. It’s a PITA, mainly because it drains most of your Sunday and it’s just as easy to stay and watch from home.

As far as the Steelers offense is concerned, “pedestrian” is being kind.
More like handy capable :)

Akron/Canton area, summit and stark counties.

I’ll stand by it, you’re way off base if you’re going to categorize Clevelanders based on what you see/experience at a Browns/Steelers game.
Well, I didn’t write “Cleveland area” did I? I knew you weren’t Cleveland proper let alone Cuyahoga county.
Rubber Ducks ganes are fun and I did have a meal in Little Italy and have performed with the CLE Orchestra so I’ll stand by my assessment.
There’s a reason you’re in Akron/Canton and not CLE.

1. I’m too old to put up with thousands of foul mouthed drunk off their ass brave men wearing jerseys of other grown men in close proximity to me. Stupid + alcohol + mob mentality was out in full force.

2. Pickett was shell shocked after that 1st down sprint sack on the opening play. The hit was brutal, and Garrett was shot from a cannon. I did not see replay but that play set the tone for the rest of what was a poorly played game by both teams.

3. I see where Pickett is under fire and rightfully so (see 4) but I assure you not even Tom Brady could move this team. The receivers do not get separation and the line is a sieve.

4. On the late field goal drive Kenny missed a wide open receiver that would have easily been 6. He left the pocket too soon and got sacked. That was on him.

5. Our best running back is not the 1st rounder and it ain’t close.

6. I was there so I can assure you that the middle of the field was not fenced off. Why no throws?

7. That was a game that should have been won and Canadas play calling on the last drive was atrocious.

8. Cleveland would be a great town were it not for the people.

9. Nice dinner in Little Italy after the game but don’t like being charged extra for bread in an Italian restaurant. Bury the cost across the board.
Just curious. From your perspective regarding comment 6 was it an issue of

1. Rarely having any patterns over the middle

2 rarely having open receivers over the middle

Or

KP simply not seeing/looking over the middle

Somehow cleavland was able to get open looks for their rookie qb to hit those without going through progressions

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT