ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Super Bowl Game Thread

Coaching blunders again. If Tom Brady has the ball in his own territory with under a minute to go in the first half AND he wants to run the clock out, YOU LET HIM!

Kansas City actually prevented Brady from running the clock out, calling time out TWICE. The result is an eight point lead turned into a fifteen point lead.

Beginning to wonder why so many football coaches don’t seem to make intelligent decisions in-game

Reactions: bwh05
KC teammates letting Mahomes down. Hill dropped TD early in the game, and this drive they should have had a TD if not for drops. His OL is making him run for his life as well.

That 4th down pass was one of the best I’ve ever seen Mahomes throw. About to hit the ground somehow throws a 30 yard spiral nearly right into the WR’s hands at the goal line. Unbelievable, would have been one of the greatest plays in SB history had the guy caught it.

That 4th down pass was one of the best I’ve ever seen Mahomes throw. About to hit the ground somehow throws a 30 yard spiral nearly right into the WR’s hands at the goal line. Unbelievable, would have been one of the greatest plays in SB history had the guy caught it.
The stat line won’t show it, but he’s been spectacular.

That last heave by Maholmes into the endzone didn’t get completed for the TD but was darn impressive nonetheless. He has that uncanny ability to throw the ball in the strangest ways when on the run and still be right on target to someone.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Yeah, I think I must have been typing the same thing as you at the same time.

Yeah, I think I must have been typing the same thing as you at the same time.

It will be totally forgotten too. I still can’t believe someone could throw a ball like that from that position, it almost defied physics.

Mahomes better hope his State Farm casualty insurance premium is paid up. Getting destroyed

this game will go down as one of the worst 5 Super Bowls of all time. Considering the hype this was trash.

Has whitehead been out this half? Maybe this isn’t his formation to be in with them playing deep safeties.

I've never seen an elite QB on a good team have to run for his life like this.
2006-2009 Big Ben is coming to knock on your door.
On another note the Super Bowl of your team isn’t playing is about hanging with with your closest of friends and tonight kinda sucked having to turn people away. Hopefully next Super Bowl we are back to normal.

A lot of bummed people in KC tonight. It reminds me of Pens fans after the first couple seasons with Crosby/Malkin; we thought we were going to win it every year. Winning is a lot harder than it looks.

Reactions: bwh05 and HOF Coach
KC just made too many defensive errors and their line got butchered all night. I'm sure some people are going to bitch about the officiating but it really didn't matter. This was a steamrolling by the Bucs.

KC could’ve really used Eric Fisher today, their OL has been horrendous trying to pass block.

Sure could have. Not sure if they would have won (or even kept it that close) but I'm sure it would have been closer had Mahomes not been running for his life all game long.

There was a lot of yapping from that mustard squirrel guy or whatever he"s called. When your defense has given up 31 points and getting rolled, I'd think silence is the better choice.

By the way, they showed the new members of the pro football hall of fame and Alan Faneca was the smallest of all of them. He weighs 220 pounds versus playing at 300 pounds. Could hardly recognize him.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
By the way, they showed the new members of the pro football hall of fame and Alan Faneca was the smallest of all of them. He weighs 220 pounds versus playing at 300 pounds. Could hardly recognize him.
He’s ran a few marathons since his retirement, if I recall correctly. Good for him.

Seems to be a trend lately with retired offensive linemen. I read a story about Joe Thomas and the massive amount of calories these guys need to consume to keep their weight up and it was borderline disgusting. No wonder some of these guys drop tons of pounds after they leave the game.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
They said the same thing about Dan Marino after Super Bowl XIX.
Mahomes already has a ring and just finished playing in one. KC has a lot more talent around Mahomes than Marino had in Miami. Mahomes has the most QB talent of anyone that has played the position. The only thing that would stop him is a serious injury.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT