ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Television Shows

As a fan of the 80’s style family sitcoms, I can’t think of many at all that didn’t run its course. Main problem is these kids all grow up and become awkward looking. Once a show introduces a new little kid, to know it’s only a matter of time.

From Oscar on Brady bunch, little red head girl on growing pains, the son on family ties, I think even the Cosby show introduced a new little girl once Rudy was no longer the cute little kid anymore. Full house brought in new little twins when the girls grew up. All ended quickly after.
Oliver you mean . But yeah once the little ones show up . That's it .
Little Stephanie comes to mind . Or when George and Weezie "moved on up" All in the family was finished.

Oliver you mean . But yeah once the little ones show up . That's it .
Little Stephanie comes to mind . Or when George and Weezie "moved on up" All in the family was finished.
nah, Jefferson's minor characters on All in the Family and probably in only about five or six original episodes...All in the Family was finished when Mike and Gloria moved out..

nah, Jefferson's minor characters on All in the Family and probably in only about five or six original episodes...All in the Family was finished when Mike and Gloria moved out..

But they ended up milking it for years as "The Archie Bunker Show" where Archie buys the bar, I think Edith was in that for a while too and they actually kill her off on that show, I think she dies of cancer, Barney Hefner is a main character, I don't remember it really well I didn't watch it much, but it was on for at least a few years wasn't it?

Yeah you're right . When Mike and Gloria were wrote off it did go south

But they ended up milking it for years as "The Archie Bunker Show" where Archie buys the bar, I think Edith was in that for a while too and they actually kill her off on that show, I think she dies of cancer, Barney Hefner is a main character, I don't remember it really well I didn't watch it much, but it was on for at least a few years wasn't it?
Yeah . It definetly was past it's expression date .

MASH and Cheers come to mind for me.

i just finished a rewatch of Star Trek: TNG and was feeling somewhat moved by the closing lines. “Five-card stud. Nothing wild. And the sky’s the limit.”

So I have two questions.

1: What show, if any, did you feel the most emotional over it’s ending?

2: Has this reaction to shows concluding changed in the age of streaming TV and binge watching?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT