ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The forgotten PENS

Red Wings won in OT 5-4 ....... bad night so far for Pens !

Not likely but somehow we have to make big comeback in 3rd period !

Penguins just allow Bruins players alone. They are wide open in Pens zone and unmolested. Free to pass to each other and fire away with no one on them

Jarry in now, look out below.
Who was it that just completely backed off Pasternak when he was behind our net? Why do that?

If we don't come back,it is safe to say this team was a little to comfortable and complacent under Sully. They had none of the desperation and desire they have shown this last month. They could have been in easily if they played this way sooner, or weren't lazy and irresponsible with leads.

17719.jpg

Who was it that just completely backed off Pasternak when he was behind our net? Why do that?
Karlsson ..... last game he went behind the goal when he shouldn't have and a goal was scored against us ..... this game he didn't go behind the net when he should have and a goal was scored against us ...... he may have his nights and days confused !

O’Connor’s legs are really shining this period. A lot of hustle and speed.

We are going to have to pull the goalie as soon as we can with only 3:12 to go and down 2 .....

ENG .... 6-3 game over ..... bad day overall for Pens and their Playoff hopes.

Have to win last 2 games and hope for help.

Stick a fork in the birds. No playoff and far worse draft position. As I said the run was fools gold. This team is not good
I said well before this streak happened, the worst thing the Pens do is go on a run then finish short. And that is exactly what it looks like will happen. I would have rather than go 0-7-3 in that streak than 7-0-3. Because they lose the 1st rd pick and they mask the obvious warts.

Reactions: pittbb80
I said well before this streak happened, the worst thing the Pens do is go on a run then finish short. And that is exactly what it looks like will happen. I would have rather than go 0-7-3 in that streak than 7-0-3. Because they lose the 1st rd pick and they mask the obvious warts.
I was a big sully fan but it’s clear he’s one of the warts. The issues with 3 on 3 and the power play and sloppy turn overs are inexcusable

I was a big sully fan but it’s clear he’s one of the warts. The issues with 3 on 3 and the power play and sloppy turn overs are inexcusable
Sully is maddening that he just won't adapt and hold veterans accountable. Look how long it took him to trust O'Connor, and he is one of their better players now. This franchise cannot fire all the players, so they got to get a new voice and tactics.

Reactions: pittbb80
Nedeljkovic in goal for the Pens tonight against Nashville.

Other big games tonight regarding the Pens ......

Montreal vs Detroit
NYI vs NJD
Boston vs Washington

If Pens win their last 2 games in regulation and Caps and Red Wings don't win both their games in regulation, then Pens are in.

Nedeljkovic in goal for the Pens tonight against Nashville.

Other big games tonight regarding the Pens ......

Montreal vs Detroit
NYI vs NJD
Boston vs Washington

If Pens win their last 2 games in regulation and Caps and Red Wings don't win both their games in regulation, then Pens are in.
That's a pretty huge IF there.
Detroit is the one that scares me. That point the Pens allowed them to take here may turn out to be huge!!

BUNTING on the PP ..... 1-0 Pens 1st period..... Nashville challenges for goalie interference and no goal ruled so still 0-0 ..... I thought a bad call.

• Sad
Reactions: FreeportPanther
They're buzzing the net tonight. Playing with desperation finally.
They are good when they apply themselves.
Needed this effort a month ago!

Reactions: goalieman
Letang scores to make it 3-0 but Nashville challenging again for goalie interference .... goalie interference called again ..... NO GOAL .... still 2-0.

• Sad
Reactions: FreeportPanther
Pens 2 Nashville 0, end of 1st period

Caps 1 Bruins 0, end of 1st period

Islanders 2 Devils 0, end of 1st period

Canadiens 2 Red Wings 1, end of 1st period

We need Caps and Red Wings to not win in regulation!

Pens need to keep pressure on, keep good positional play in defensive end, no turnovers in neutral zone, no stupid pinches, and hope Ned keeps playing well ! .... and no stupid penalties !

Thought both those goalie interference calls were very questionable !

Last edited:
Smith scores ...... Pens up 3-1 !

First goal in 13 games for Reilly Smith .... nice give and go with Eller !

May come down to needing the Flyers to beat the Capitals. Weird end to the season for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT