ADVERTISEMENT

OT: This is great. And true.

ChiefJusticeMarshall

Freshman
Gold Member
Jun 14, 2020
439873402_7658540744168932_7626693702145695642_n.jpg

It was a fad, As soon as they quit on the music videos they became irrelevant. Would it still be popular if it was music videos now? Probably not, you can get that stuff on social media. And before MTV you couldn't see those videos anywhere.

Reactions: W1np1tt
Music videos used to be so damn great. What a lost art form. Money For Nothing, November Rain, I Would Do Anything For Love, Paranoid Android, Thriller... ugh. Now you get a $200 budget generic video on YouTube.

Remote Control
Spring Break
Yo MTV Raps
Headbangers Ball
Real World
Beavis and Butthead

I think Beavis and Butthead and Sandblast were the only only shows I cared for, but I was fairly young in the early 90s. Maybe Singled Out on occasion. TRL had its moment in the sun as well, but it made Groundhog Day look like Leap Year.

Music videos used to be so damn great. What a lost art form. Money For Nothing, November Rain, I Would Do Anything For Love, Paranoid Android, Thriller... ugh. Now you get a $200 budget generic video on YouTube.

Videos could be that way again. Assuming someone was willing to spend a million dollars to make one. For example, you mention November Rain. The budget for that video was $1.5 million. No one in their right mind would spend that kind of money to make a video today. Heck, no one in their right mind did it back then either!

Videos could be that way again. Assuming someone was willing to spend a million dollars to make one. For example, you mention November Rain. The budget for that video was $1.5 million. No one in their right mind would spend that kind of money to make a video today. Heck, no one in their right mind did it back then either!

November Rain was worth every penny! Cinematic masterpiece.

It was a fad, As soon as they quit on the music videos they became irrelevant. Would it still be popular if it was music videos now? Probably not, you can get that stuff on social media. And before MTV you couldn't see those videos anywhere.
They stayed relevant to the demographic they were going for way long after they stopped playing videos, once that demo stopped watching tv MTV went the cheap route and just ran Ridiculousness on a loop.

Reactions: DruidTM
They stayed relevant to the demographic they were going for way long after they stopped playing videos, once that demo stopped watching tv MTV went the cheap route and just ran Ridiculousness on a loop.
This 👍

Jersey Shore and Real World crap sucked

What artist actually what song made in the last 5 maybe even 10 years are worth watching a video for? I may be having an old man yelling a a cloud moment, but there maybe 20 songs over the last 5 to 10 years truly good enough to warrant a decent size budget video.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT