ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Zeise is spot on regarding Kenny

I’m ok with saying he has to compete and earn it.

Yep. What is the harm in that?

Not saying they should draft a QB high but there needs to be actual competition in training camp. Tomlin’s job should be on the line if he goes all in on KP without competition.

Yep. What is the harm in that?

Not saying they should draft a QB high but there needs to be actual competition in training camp. Tomlin’s job should be on the line if he goes all in on KP without competition.
The job that he is about to sign an extension for?

tenor.gif

I am usually down with Zeise's opinions. Many on here lump him in with guys like Cook but I think he usually thinks things thru with common sense.
He’s like many of us except he gets paid to express his takes. He’s objective, often I agree with him, but also has an occasional bad take. That’s life.

Reactions: wbrpanther
He’s like many of us except he gets paid to express his takes. He’s objective, often I agree with him, but also has an occasional bad take. That’s life.
There is no such thing as "objective" when it comes to commentary, sports or otherwise.

Spot on article. I also think Pickett has to show he is really an adult. Dump the backwards cap and sweats. You aren’t a kid playing video games in the basement.

Suits and ties.

I would go so far to say he should do the Beckham Man U buzz cut.

Time to show you know this is a serious business.
He wore suits for Pitt. What on earth does that have to do with his play. Have you seen some of the ridiculous crap players wear to the games? Of all the things to critique 🤣

He wore suits for Pitt. What on earth does that have to do with his play. Have you seen some of the ridiculous crap players were to the games? Of all the things to critique 🤣
You are absolutely clueless how his perception is killing him right now.

I have seen more than enough critics jumping on him for his hair, his ball caps, his Levin furniture ads.

Laugh all you want but he has major perception problems and has a high bill to climb.

It’s not. He needs a whole new perception in Pittsburgh. Kid has to grow up.
The perception is about his play. He is perceived as a professional, but if he can't show growth with a new OC it won't matter how he dresses. I feel bad that his first 2 years were with Canada, but that's life and you have to deal with it. When Ben was his age he was still running around riding motorcycles and being a creep in Milledgeville. People in this town overlooked it all because he had won a Superbowl. He isn't showing up in a Mr. Rogers sweater to make you feel better about him.
pbs digital studios GIF by PBS

Last edited:
Spot on article. I also think Pickett has to show he is really an adult. Dump the backwards cap and sweats. You aren’t a kid playing video games in the basement.

Suits and ties.

I think a hair cut and a suit would immediately make KP a better QB. But is that good enough? Does he have an entitled sibling that could do tik tok videos on team logos? Maybe Mrs. Pickett could dance around in the box and dump drinks on opposing fans? Because those are the things that separate good QBs from the best.

Pretty much nails it. My exact thoughts completely.

And for the record, this is an OT thread because Kenny is a Steeler and not a panther.

Ehhhh. I agree he should be the starter, not so sure about the rest. Why is it better for Mason to move on? Is Kenny's mind that fragile?

Sign a vet? To what end? Another Trubisky type? Any veteran backukp brought in isn't going to save the season should Kenny fall flat.

As for drafting a qb this year, what round round would you make such a pick? If we're going all in on Kenny this year, a 1st or 2nd would seem to high for a year when we're trying to see what we have (not to mention what that would do to Kenny's psyche). Rounds 3 thru 5, IMO, provide a decent chance of getting value at a non QB positon, but not so much at the qb position. Take a flyer in round 6 or 7, ok, but is that really anything other than a training camp arm tied to a lottery ticket? Doesn't seem like such a pick would have any role in the do/or die Pickett story.

Ride with Pickett, if he fails, blow it up with the 2025 draft. My two cents.

Reactions: BFo8
I'm 65 years old. I don't care if he braids his hair and wears a kilt to the games as long as he improves his play to an acceptable NFL level. Hopefully a new OC and improved play around him will help him reach his potential.

He should definitely quit the commercials though. He is terrible.

I am usually down with Zeise's opinions. Many on here lump him in with guys like Cook but I think he usually thinks things thru with common sense.
lol. No. He lost any ounce of credibility when he was spouting off Pitt should can Dixon to bring in Brad Stephens, which never would have happened in a million years.

His baseball takes are also generally atrocious

Suits and ties.

lol. Give me a break.

He should have a sit down with Sidney Crosby. Sid is the biggest player in his sport. Has been the epitome of class. Always stand up. Been in front of the limelight since he was 18, hell really 14. No one in any sport has done it more professionally.

I have seen more than enough critics jumping on him for his hair, his ball caps, his Levin furniture ads.

Laugh all you want but he has major perception problems and has a high bill to climb.
Where the heck are you looking, Facebook comments section? Most criticize him for his play on the field.

Reactions: joeydavid
Not much I can agree with in that Zeise article, doesn’t appear to be much logic in it.

First off, any decision on who should be the starting QB should be based on who you think gives you the best chance to win, short term and long term. Someone shouldn’t be preordained as QB1 just because they were a 1st round draft pick 2 years ago. Sure, that guy shouldn’t be written off yet but he should have to demonstrate something preseason or otherwise earn the QB1 spot through competition. Only thing that possibly justifies this line of thinking is to get a final evaluation before having to decide on the option year of his rookie contract and/or next contract. Otherwise, you don’t set your depth chart based on draft position.

Second, something is really wrong if Mason needs to go so he won’t be a distraction to KP. I sure hope KP isn’t that fragile. Take the name Mason out of it. It’s like saying we need to get rid of the guy we just said played the best last year so he won’t be in the head of the guy we want to be QB1. We don’t want that QB1 to have any real competition.

And then he finishes up the article with “The Steelers need to find a veteran backup quarterback and perhaps even draft one and give Pickett a fresh start.” Given the need to get rid of Mason, I guess it goes without being said that we need to make sure this new veteran backup and draft pick aren’t so good as to possibly be a distraction to KP.

Since Zeise and everyone else blame most of KP’s misfortunes on who the OC was I have a novel idea. Let’s find and hire this important new OC and let him have some input into what the QB roster will look like and who should be the QB1.

Since part of this conversation shifted to professional, how professional is it for his "teammates" to be publicly promoting for Mason to be the starting quarterback. Talk about dividing a locker room. If I were Tomlin I would have pulled Johnson into my office and told him keep his F ing opinions to himself and just play football. He doesn't get to set the depth chart. It will be so awkward if Mason shows up resigned and stinks. There is tape on him now so he isn't sneaking up on anyone. His lack of mobility will always hamstring him with how fast and athletic defenses are. Tomlin doesn't have a handle on this team, and Najee was right. There need to be more rules up. A lot of those "leaks" during the season was from players. The Steelers are a reality TV show now and they've lost a life long fan in me.

Since part of this conversation shifted to professional, how professional is it for his "teammates" to be publicly promoting for Mason to be the starting quarterback. Talk about dividing a locker room. If I were Tomlin I would have pulled Johnson into my office and told him keep his F ing opinions to himself and just play football. He doesn't get to set the depth chart. It will be so awkward if Mason shows up resigned and stinks. There is tape on him now so he isn't sneaking up on anyone. His lack of mobility will always hamstring him with how fast and athletic defenses are. Tomlin doesn't have a handle on this team, and Najee was right. There need to be more rules up. A lot of those "leaks" during the season was from players. The Steelers are a reality TV show now and they've lost a life long fan in me.
Who is your new team?

Love the Free Board.
If wearing a suit helps him hit open receivers, or quit spinning into the pass rush, or go through progressions, then by all means wear a suit.

Likewise, if wearing a dress, or a speedo, or leather chaps with no underwear helps him do those things, I'm all for that too!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT