ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ticket Prices for Barça v Tottenham

mike412

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Santa Monica, CA
Presale tickets now are available for the Rose Bowl game. Prices range from $45 for General Admission in one end zone to $299 for seats near the midfield line in rows 13 through 15. The seats lower than row 13 are only available as part of even more expensive special packages, but prices haven’t been released yet.

And this is for a preseason game right after the World Cup in which it is unlikely that many, if any regulars for either team will play. I’m glad I’m still going to be in Barcelona then and won’t have any urge to buy tickets.

Just for fun I looked at how much tickets to see Dortmund against Man City in Chicago were to compare them to what is being charged for Dortmund in Pittsburgh and the tickets in Pittsburgh are much, much cheaper. Which isn't unexpected given the opposition, but it shows just how little interest they probably think they are going to get in Benfica.

there was a pre-release (or whatever you call it) that had limited seats and outrageous prices. i paid around $150 per last year here in DC for corner 300 level. the pre-release seats were nuts and i was confused as to why.

this year, i signed up for the pre-sale (NOT pre-release) and paid about he same but got lower level around the 35 yard line. so at first i thought the prices had nearly doubled from last year.

it's an expensive night out but people are paying it. i've seen nothing but sold out stadiums for it.

our game is 8/4, so i think we have a better chance to see the regulars as their season starts right after that. we'll see.

Real Madrid v. Juventus in DC has face value tickets as high as $550, lowest is $45

Real Madrid v. Juventus in DC has face value tickets as high as $550, lowest is $45

they were more expensive last year. like i said: same price got me 300 level corner last year. i'm in 118 behind the bench around the 35 yard line this year.

it was manu vs barcelona last year. so maybe they were charging more due to manu vs juve? dunno.

Well ManU and Barca are two of the biggest, well, two clubs in the world, so that probably played into it at least a little. Or a lot.

dunno. it's real madrid, so that's at least equal to those two. juve is a downgrade for the US audience. you'd think. but this is DC - think you'd get the same gate regardless.

Well ManU and Barca are two of the biggest, well, two clubs in the world, so that probably played into it at least a little. Or a lot.

dunno. it's real madrid, so that's at least equal to those two. juve is a downgrade for the US audience. you'd think. but this is DC - think you'd get the same gate regardless.

Real Madrid is probably the 3rd biggest sports brand in the world behind those 2

really? i never heard that. are you sure it's not the steelers? i hear there are steeler bars all over the world.
Steelers have great representation nationwide and worldwide, I'd argue it rivals those teams, when you take into consideration that almost nobody plays American football.

Steelers have great representation nationwide and worldwide, I'd argue it rivals those teams, when you take into consideration that almost nobody plays American football.

So what you are saying is that if we ignore the fact that the Stillers don't come anywhere close to those teams on a global basis they are right there with those teams on a global basis. Gotcha.

Reactions: pitt90seven
So what you are saying is that if we ignore the fact that the Stillers don't come anywhere close to those teams on a global basis they are right there with those teams on a global basis. Gotcha.
What I'm saying is, where they are on a global basis is not bad for a team that plays a non-global sport.

What I'm saying is, where they are on a global basis is not bad for a team that plays a non-global sport.

Well right. On a global basis they are essentially nowhere. Which is not bad for a team that, on a global basis, is essentially nowhere.

Well right. On a global basis they are essentially nowhere. Which is not bad for a team that, on a global basis, is essentially nowhere.
I wouldn't say they are nowhere, I've travelled a lot, I've seen people wearing Steelers gear in places like Mexico, Russia, Greece, and sports minded people who are aware of the NFL, they only know a few teams and the Steelers are one of them.

Don’t know about DC, but Barça is a bigger draw than Real Madrid in LA because it is much more popular with Latin fans. Man U is very popular here too with the British expats and the Irish fans. Lots of Irish people are Man U fans because of George Best.

Went to ManU vs Barca last year and going back for Real Madrid vs Juventus in DC this year. I'll be in 108 with my daughter who is a soccer nut

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT