ADVERTISEMENT

ot. Tiger v Phil who you got?

paulbl99

Board of Trustee
Aug 13, 2007
ever read about Phil’s exploits in gambling during practice rounds. He is a degenerate gambler who Fs guys heads up so bad they hate when he challenges to go out w him.

Tigers better if he’s ready to go but Phil’s a gambler.
Now if this were in a strip bar.....

Can’t pick it really, would like to hear if anyone interested in it.

And yeah I paid and am watching.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
This guy.
Happy-Gilmore.jpg

Reactions: pbrad
I watch more golf than anybody should but I couldn’t care less about this match. Not sure why but I just don’t. Don’t think I’d pay a dollar for it.
I never watch golf and it appeals less to me than a normal tournament. I think it is because it is about two guy's egos and not the sport. And there will be a media circle jerk covering and talking about this event until several days afterwards....and it will be much much worse if Tiger wins.

ever read about Phil’s exploits in gambling during practice rounds. He is a degenerate gambler who Fs guys heads up so bad they hate when he challenges to go out w him.

Tiger already will have no problem betting and shit talking

I expect F about 100x out of Tiger but Phil might have him crying at the turn
Unless he brings his A game.

Nobody trash talks like Phil you can bet dat
Tiger has already stated. He’ll bet enough to make Phil nervous/ already doubled the first side bet.

I don’t think it’s going to phase tiger at all

Who in their right mind would waste a day watching this crap?

Tend to agree, not sure why PPV. I'm sure people would tune in if it was on broadcast TV and they could make the money on ad revenue. Not something I'd pay for at this late stage in their careers and I'm a pretty big Tiger fan.

I think Tiger wins a major next year and Phil doesn't come close so I'd take Tiger in this match.

Reactions: Phils Suttle Draw
Im hoping for a zombie apocalypse. Two awful human beings in a made for tv spectacle. Midget wrestling next.

Reactions: e-fresh
Is this money going to charity? Cause if not, this is just gross.

(Edit: Just read that the "side bets" are going to charity but not the $9MM payday for the winner. COUNT ME OUT.

Also found this quote in the Washington Post about the event:

The event has drawn criticism from some corners, including from pro golfers like Rory McIlroy, who said he’s not going to watch it.

“Look, if they had a done it 15 years ago it would have been great,” McIlroy said earlier this month. “But nowadays, it’s missed the mark a little bit.”)

Last edited:
Reactions: PittAU
If this is "street rules" local golf club style Phil should start trash talking on the first tee, maybe showing pics of Tigerafter his 5 iron beating, his mystery knocked out tooth by Vonn's ski pole, t
Sergio's Masters winner chicken dinner comment etc.
You'd be surprised how guys try to get an edge in match play at the local club level.
Everything's in play.

I always hear it's nice that I take my daughter golfing. Plus some other stuff I can't say on here.
I don't have a daughter its Mrs Buffett my younger wife.

Last edited:

(Edit: Just read that the "side bets" are going to charity but not the $9MM payday for the winner. COUNT ME OUT.

The event has drawn criticism from some corners, including from pro golfers like Rory McIlroy, who said he’s not going to watch it.

“Look, if they had a done it 15 years ago it would have been great,” McIlroy said earlier this month. “But nowadays, it’s missed the mark a little bit.”)

Why is it gross? I'm not too interested in it but if they get the sponsorship money and people want to watch it, why not?

Also, I think they have committed to donating a portion of the 9 million dollars to specific charities.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead

The majority of the money is going to charity.
But lets say it wasn't it's a pay for view event and I bet lots of people would opt in.
Look at all the boxers making millions on pay for view.

This type of event my happen more frequently and help golf.
Choice is a good thing!

Last edited:
Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Much of this is a work, just like the hype before a fight to try and garner more PPV buyers.

I’m moderately surprised they didn’t start pushing and shoving each other at the press conference.

I watch a lot of golf but have no interest in this at all, the whole side bets stuff and all of that is basically fake. I guarantee they try and make it as much a spectacle as they can in order to generate enough interest to make it a yearly event like the Skins Game used to be.

Shadow Creek an unbelievable course though, I’m sure it will play well on TV.

Reactions: FireballZ
Has to be Phil, I remember earlier this year when all the experts on this board stated that Tiger wouldn't be competitive let alone win another tournament in 2018 or beyond.

One of the biggest scams about the event is that its a “winner take all” contest. No one with a clue actually believes that.

The fact that they made it a no spectator event on a course that otherwise very few people can afford to ever go to is galling as well.

It would be much more interesting to have Mickelson match up with his benefactor Billy Walters, who he supposedly still owes millions and is a hell of a lot better golf hustler than Phil or Tiger.

How much was it? If I were home I’d want to watch it. Always have been a Phil guy, and now I also like Tiger, since the media tried to pressure him into a take against Trump...which tiger refused to bite on. Any time a celeb makes a point to stay out of politics and disappoints the media in the process, they’re ok with me.

How much was it? If I were home I’d want to watch it. Always have been a Phil guy, and now I also like Tiger, since the media tried to pressure him into a take against Trump...which tiger refused to bite on. Any time a celeb makes a point to stay out of politics and disappoints the media in the process, they’re ok with me.

$19.99.

Or free if you’re resourceful.

Ha! I looked and saw a couple free streams if you register. I didn’t take the bait. Figured it was bogus.

Yea I wouldn’t register for anything either. There are streams that don’t require it available for stuff but they can all be wonky or in and out. If it’s something one really wants to watch usually best just to buy it.

It’s great...

Is Phil aloud to hit moving balls? One has been playing a future has been. If it was in my back yard I'd close the blinds.

Who concedes, you mean Phil right?
Tiger twice going give Phil a putt .

On the 21st Phil concedes a putt to tiger

Phil wins on a birdie on the 22nd hole when tiger misses a tough putt.

I only watched for free from the 15th on

Tiger let Phil off the hook most of those holes-
Except the 17th-which tiger holed out to square the match.

Way disappointing from what I saw-not much cross talk between players.

Reactions: BeardedPanther25
Tiger twice going give Phil a putt .

On the 21st Phil concedes a putt to tiger

Phil wins on a birdie on the 22nd hole when tiger misses a tough putt.

I only watched for free from the 15th on

Tiger let Phil off the hook most of those holes-
Except the 17th-which tiger holed out to square the match.

Way disappointing from what I saw-not much cross talk between players.
Fair description, except I'd say I wasn't disappointed. I enjoyed it. I watched from 10 on (that's when I found out it was available for free). It seemed like there was more talk until it got more intense closer to the end. There were a few moments but I liked that they didn't force it. Thought the interview with the belt presentation was great as well (and more sincere than these things typically are).

Fair description, except I'd say I wasn't disappointed. I enjoyed it. I watched from 10 on (that's when I found out it was available for free). It seemed like there was more talk until it got more intense closer to the end. There were a few moments but I liked that they didn't force it. Thought the interview with the belt presentation was great as well (and more sincere than these things typically are).
Only part from my viewing after the 17th when tiger holed out and Phil missed to win-

Phil said “you’ve been doing this stuff for 20 years to Me ,not sure why I’m surprised!”

Was the highlight.

It seemed apparent it was a deal to have Phil win.

Tiger could have closed that out around the turn normally- but seemingly played for drama .
My biased opinion as a tiger fan boy
For free- entertaining

Only part from my viewing after the 17th when tiger holed out and Phil missed to win-

Phil said “you’ve been doing this stuff for 20 years to Me ,not sure why I’m surprised!”

Was the highlight.

It seemed apparent it was a deal to have Phil win.

Tiger could have closed that out around the turn normally- but seemingly played for drama .
My biased opinion as a tiger fan boy
For free- entertaining
As someone who is a fan of both and really didn't have a preference, I thought they both wanted to win, but only in a certain way. On 20, Phil conceded the most difficult put yet, and probably would have won on that one based on how poorly they were both putting.

As someone who is a fan of both and really didn't have a preference, I thought they both wanted to win, but only in a certain way. On 20, Phil conceded the most difficult put yet, and probably would have won on that one based on how poorly they were both putting.
Yeah-
That was an “I owe you “ concession no doubt .

Who wants to Win with a par on a par 3?

Definitely a payback concession plus Phil later said it wasn’t going to end on a missed put like that.

All in all pretty entertaining.
Phil did some chirping early on and Tiger giving some back. But they played it solidly
Maybe not the best putting ever (Phil could have dug a hole for Tiger thru 6) but still not bad shot making.

Plus Barkley there
“ you were the only white guy at The Black Masters and you won”

Lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT