ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What does Duquesne need to do to get to the Big East?

HailToPitt725

Head Coach
May 16, 2016
Need to strike while the iron’s hot. My in-laws always say that if Duquesne ever got back to national prominence, they’d be a perfect fit for the Big East:

- Strong institutional fit with the rest of the conference (Catholic university in a relatively large northeastern market, basketball school)
- At least some historical relevance
- PPG could hold big games, similar to what St. John’s and Villanova does

I could envision a scenario where Duquesne strings together a few tournament appearances and, say, UConn helps the ACC backfill in the upcoming realignment. I’d have to think the Dukes would be a top candidate along VCU, no?

I would think that the first thing they'd need to do would be to pay some bribes to the right people.

Really, really big bribes.
So Duquesne needs money, you say?
26940.gif

Need to strike while the iron’s hot. My in-laws always say that if Duquesne ever got back to national prominence, they’d be a perfect fit for the Big East:

- Strong institutional fit with the rest of the conference (Catholic university in a relatively large northeastern market, basketball school)
- At least some historical relevance
- PPG could hold big games, similar to what St. John’s and Villanova does

I could envision a scenario where Duquesne strings together a few tournament appearances and, say, UConn helps the ACC backfill in the upcoming realignment. I’d have to think the Dukes would be a top candidate along VCU, no?

Invent a time machine to go back to 1977. Not suck for 47 years and then ask them if they can join.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
Invent a time machine to go back to 1977. Not suck for 47 years and then ask them if they can join.
Speaking of 1977, I wonder if Duquesne received any consideration when the Big East was originally constructed? Villanova was also part of the old Eastern 8 and they ended up there.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT