ADVERTISEMENT

Need to go back to the Big East

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
I dont care about playing Big 12 Trash half a continent away.

Pitt, Syr, BC, should try to get back into the Big East. Form a separate football only league and add Temple (who would go back to the A10 for everything else), UConn, UMass, Army, Navy. Win that league and go to the 12 team CFP. And BE bball and MSG would be awesome.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Can you imagine how long it would take for the "six highest ranked conference champions" rule to go away after 8-4 Alabama and 9-3 Ohio State missed the playoff in favor of 10-2 Pitt rising above that heaping pile of excrement?

Not even enough time for it to be a possibility.

Pitt, Syr, BC, should try to get back into the Big East. Form a separate football only league and add Temple (who would go back to the A10 for everything else), UConn, UMass, Army, Navy. Win that league and go to the 12 team CFP. And BE bball and MSG would be awesome.
Yeah, I don’t buy the you need to expand west argument. As long as it stays top 5 or 6 conference winners you can piecemeal an east/north/south
Pitt
Cuse
BC
VT
Miami
Duke
Gt
Navy
Wake

When you factor in talent, quality of programs, and style of play, this would be an awful conference to be a part of.

Yeah, I don’t buy the you need to expand west argument. As long as it stays top 5 or 6 conference winners you can piecemeal an east/north/south
Pitt
Cuse
BC
VT
Miami
Duke
Gt
Navy
Wake
Dump Navy from this list and try to bring in WVU.

Pitt
Cuse
BC
VT
Miami
Duke
Gt
Navy
Wake
You expand west if the ACC was going to only lose a team or 2. But FSU, Clem, Miami, UNC, and maybe more will be gone. I have no interest in backfilling with ECU, Charlotte, FAU, etc. I also have no interest in playing leftover B12 trash. Gimme back the Big East and Im good

Who cares. Win it and go to the CFP
The FCS CFP?

Because the Big 2 are locking everyone else out of their championship.

So if you mean the former…yeah go ahead and win it. Then declare insolvency and go out in the blaze of CBI glory.

However you are right, we WILL be in the Big East … except without football. Maybe we’ll be able to recruit NYC for hoops again. Slice available?

You’ve had some hairbrained ideas in your time but this might take the cake.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT