ADVERTISEMENT

Pack the Pete

It's a 9pm game on a Tuesday. Not easy for a large portion of the fanbase.

Driven by tv and not much Pitt can do, but legit all the same.
That’s a lame excuse. The game is over by 11:00. It’s a huge game and the team has delivered on their end. You can survive on a little less sleep the next day or use some PTO. A half filled Pete for such a big game is an embarrassment and let down for the team.

Reactions: H2P2010
That’s a lame excuse. The game is over by 11:00. It’s a huge game and the team has delivered on their end. You can survive on a little less sleep the next day or use some PTO. A half filled Pete for such a big game is an embarrassment and let down for the team.
Yinzers dont give 2 shits about a bubble team. Its 9 PM on a Tuesday. There will be 3000 non-Zoo there.

I don't understand why these ACCN doubleheaders cant be 630/830 or even 615/815

Reactions: Fredact and buckage
Yinzers dont give 2 shits about a bubble team. Its 9 PM on a Tuesday. There will be 3000 non-Zoo there.

People would complain about a 6:15 or 8:30 start time and make excuses for those too.

People would complain about a 6:15 or 8:30 start time and make excuses for those too.

I do have to say, the women played all their Thursday games last season at 6:00, and that can be a pain in the butt sometimes to get to after work. For the most part they ditched that this year (other than TV games that they had no choice on) and went back to 7:00.

But in any event, just tell me what time the game starts and I'll be there.

I disagree that people don’t care. It’s just hard to get the more casual fans there for that. You are signing up for getting home after midnight on a Tuesday. And it snowballs - people know that it won’t feel like an event, which makes it even harder to pass up on TV. I’m going, but those that aren’t are not necessarily bad fans

The place will be packed Saturday for the same root cause. The time and day.

I DO agree with you with your timeslots. Ratings/attendance can’t be that much lower starting at 6:15/6:30, but it makes the perception a lot better for the late game.

I have three school-aged kids. I'm not taking them to a game when they're going to get home at midnight. Just not gonna do it.

Take PTO? For a Pitt game I can watch on TV.

My priorities are my family, friends, faith, career...then way down the list is Pitt athletics.

Sorry we disagree on what's important in my life.

@TheSpecialSauce I wouldn't worry too much. They'll have a great crowd for a Tuesday 9PM tip. Not full but raucous and likely 8Kish actual butts in seats. Students will be especially raucous. Panthers owe the Noles for upsetting them last year. Expecting an impressive showing from Pitt tonight. H2P.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
I have three school-aged kids. I'm not taking them to a game when they're going to get home at midnight. Just not gonna do it.

My priorities are my family, friends, faith, career...then way down the list is Pitt athletics.

Its 1 game. You'd all survive it.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
I disagree that people don’t care. It’s just hard to get the more casual fans there for that. You are signing up for getting home after midnight on a Tuesday. And it snowballs - people know that it won’t feel like an event, which makes it even harder to pass up on TV. I’m going, but those that aren’t are not necessarily bad fans

The place will be packed Saturday for the same root cause. The time and day.

I DO agree with you with your timeslots. Ratings/attendance can’t be that much lower starting at 6:15/6:30, but it makes the perception a lot better for the late game.

I dont think 6:30 lowers ratings/attendance at all vs 7PM. 615 may. But how much does 8:30 help vs 9PM? Maybe just a little. But there's absolutely no reason that the ACC cant start games at 6:30 PM or even 6 or 6:15. The SEC, B12, B10, and P12 all start some games at 6PM local.

Go to the game with a friend and let your wife watch the kids. The game is 2 hours. You aren’t leaving the country for a month with some floozie.

Crowd was better than I thought. I said Zoo + 3000. It was Zoo + 5000, maybe 4000. Good energy in the building though.

I wound up not being able to go. But I thought the crowd looked great on TV.

(I get it - some upper deck sections were probably completely naked. But just saying that I don’t think it hurt performance at all)

I'm pissed. I was one of the first in The Pete on Tuesday night. Got there at 5:35. But no Lyke Brite. Really pissed.

Why not? I got there later than that and got one at the upper entrance, and then went down to the store and saw that they were still handing them out on the lower level at that time as well.

Reactions: FireballZ
Why not? I got there later than that and got one at the upper entrance, and then went down to the store and saw that they were still handing them out on the lower level at that time as well.

I got there a little before 8 and there were tons left. A little upset I got there that early. Went to concession stand about 20 minutes before the game and they were still handing them out.

I got there a little before 8 and there were tons left. A little upset I got there that early. Went to concession stand about 20 minutes before the game and they were still handing them out.

I figured a lot of people weren't bothering to get one. I mean if you don't have little kids (or grandkids, like some of us older people do) what on earth would you want one for, other than the novelty to say that you got one?

I figured a lot of people weren't bothering to get one. I mean if you don't have little kids (or grandkids, like some of us older people do) what on earth would you want one for, other than the novelty to say that you got one?

The packaging is really cool. I'm going to display that in the my mom's basement.....errrr.....I mean man cave.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT