ADVERTISEMENT

Paris Ford not coming?

uhhhhh.....snowflake........

If my intramural football team at Pitt got together for a reunion today....there would be 6...8...maybe 10...... 40-somethings running around looking slow....out of shape....and decrepid......

And we STILL could move the ball on last years Pitt defense.......

Paris Ford....like Whitehead before him......not only would help this team in his freshman year....he would play so much that he would be an all ACC freshman and even a possible freshman AA team member......

Try to keep up......
The truth is we have a lot more depth and quality at all DB spots now than when Whitehead came to Pitt. An additional truth is that Narduzzi prefers to redshirt as much as possible. Yet another truth is it's a helluva big jump from the WPIAL to the ACC. Whitehead himself very well may have redshirted if he was in next year's class as opposed to the one he arrived in.

So Ford might have contributed this year. As good as he is, he also might have redshirted. Unfortunately, now it looks like we'll never know.

Its amazing that kids with this much football potential who have a chance to be an NFL'er can't get their academic act together.

This is one reason I support an NFL minor league. It works for the MLB, and NHL so it would work for the NFL tool.

I'm also amazed that kids with this problem don't take advantage ( or maybe they do) of all the SAT /school remedial assistance. With the help available even a "smart Rock" can get to the minimum level for college. Staying in is a different story since that takes some interest, hard work, and discipline.

Last edited:
Reactions: DiehardPanther
So without Paris, that puts the 2017 class rank at 45-50?
It would put the class at 49. Paris Ford is a 6.0 rating for 135 pts and the #51 recruit which is 43 bonus points. So with out hie 178 points it puts the class at 1383 points which would be 3 points ahead of WVU for the #49 ranked class.

Its amazing that kids with this much football potential who have a chance to be an NFL'er can't get their academic act together.

This is one reason I support an NFL minor league. It works for the MLB, and NHL so it would work for the NFL tool.

I'm also amazed that kids with this problem don't take advantage ( or maybe they do) of all the SAT /school remedial assistance. With the help available even a "smart Rock" can get to the minimum level for college. Staying in is a different story since that takes some interest, hard work, and discipline.
The best prospects don't have to, because the elite programs find ways to get them in. In fact those schools would abhor an athlete wasting too much (aka, any) time on academics.

It would put the class at 49. Paris Ford is a 6.0 rating for 135 pts and the #51 recruit which is 43 bonus points. So with out hie 178 points it puts the class at 1383 points which would be 3 points ahead of WVU for the #49 ranked class.
They'd actually be 46th. Since you subtracted out Ford you're only counting 19 prospects; rivals ranking is off of your top 20. Our 21st ranked guy was a 5.5 rating, which is 60 points. Add him in and that brings us to 1443 points, which would put us right ahead of Duke.

They'd actually be 46th. Since you subtracted out Ford you're only counting 19 prospects; rivals ranking is off of your top 20. Our 21st ranked guy was a 5.5 rating, which is 60 points. Add him in and that brings us to 1443 points, which would put us right ahead of Duke.
Thanks. Forgot it was 20 and not 25.

I'm a little confused how we don't know for sure what his status is yet. I'm guessing that would mean he is in enrolled in summer classes at high school currently which he needs to pass?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT