ADVERTISEMENT

Paris Ford quits

If he wasn’t planning on being at Pitt in 2021, there’s no reason at all to finish 2020. Sucks, but it’s the right move for him personally. Unfortunately it leaves Pitt extremely thin at safety now, but not his fault nobody was recruited behind him.

Hope this isn’t a mistake by him. I just don’t think he’s ready for the NFL yet. Yes he makes INTs but he also misses a lot of tackles. He needs to bulk up more.

I still wish him the best and be successful. I know much of his family being that I grew up in the East liberty/ Garfield area

Hope this isn’t a mistake by him. I just don’t think he’s ready for the NFL yet. Yes he makes INTs but he also misses a lot of tackles. He needs to bulk up more.
I agree with you that some of his missed tackles are going to hurt him come draft day. But he isn't going to bulk up between now and the end of the season if he continues to play. If adding bulk is the biggest issue, then he's better off hitting the weights really hard between now and the spring.

He will surely be missed by the Panthers, he definitely has shown his ability to make impact plays.

I see this happening with more kids on teams that don't have much to play for. If you are a player that is looking to be a top 3 round pick this year, and maybe in the future, I can see them backing out.

Started a few years ago with top players opting out of meaningless bowl games.

I still wish him the best and be successful. I know much of his family being that I grew up in the East liberty/ Garfield area

That's pretty much what I think too. I wish him well. He's played hard for Pitt. It doesn't look great for the program but, I understand kids doing this.

agree, this season is going nowhere. Why risk it. But does this setup a new trend? We saw players opting out of bowl games, now will we see second half of seasons?
Bullshit. I can blame the kid. Look, their sole reason why I follow them is to play winning football for my team. Sorry, being brutally honest here. While I don't root for them to fail, if they aren't playing for my team, I could care less about them. Seriously. And all of this, "well he is protecting himself so he can get paid" and that's fine and understandable, but he is not making my life any better (or worse) with him or without him. The only reason why I would care about Paris Ford is because he played football at Pitt. Unless he is planning to share some of his NFL $$$, or be drafted by the Steelers, I could care less what happens to him now.

Bullshit. I can blame the kid. Look, their sole reason why I follow them is to play winning football for my team. Sorry, being brutally honest here. While I don't root for them to fail, if they aren't playing for my team, I could care less about them. Seriously. And all of this, "well he is protecting himself so he can get paid" and that's fine and understandable, but he is not making my life any better (or worse) with him or without him. The only reason why I would care about Paris Ford is because he played football at Pitt. Unless he is planning to share some of his NFL $$$, or be drafted by the Steelers, I could care less what happens to him now.
The irony in this statement being made from someone whose username is “recruitsreadtheseboards” is just classic....

Of course not. But you’re probably not going to see it where teams are having a good season.

I agree. I think teams with playoff hopes or are having a special season you won't see a lot of it. The players that were projected high already have opted out for them if there were any.

Teams that are underperforming and have top players I think you'll start seeing this more.

I see this happening with more kids on teams that don't have much to play for. If you are a player that is looking to be a top 3 round pick this year, and maybe in the future, I can see them backing out.

Started a few years ago with top players opting out of meaningless bowl games.

Yea, I have always said that guys should skip their junior years if they are going to be high picks to avoid injury and should opt out of the remainder of their final year once there was nothing to play for. So, in theory, I think its a good move. Forget COVID, why risk injury to maybe play earn a bid in the Birmingham Bowl. That said, he hasn't been good this year and in my opinion, has slipped to 4th-6th Round so maybe he needed to do more but I'm no Todd McShay. I'm only a college basketball expert.

I agree. I think teams with playoff hopes or are having a special season you won't see a lot of it. The players that were projected high already have opted out for them if there were any.

Teams that are underperforming and have top players I think you'll start seeing this more.
If Pitt loses to Florida State, you may see Jones and Weaver go too

agree, this season is going nowhere. Why risk it. But does this setup a new trend? We saw players opting out of bowl games, now will we see second half of seasons?

Man, I hope so. I hate the bowl system so I hope as many kids quit once their teams lose a couple games as possible. Should be a 24 team playoff like FCS

I dont think it has anything to do with the program. This is happening all over the country.

I didn't say it was. I said, "It doesn't look great for the program", and I don't think it is a good look when you are on a losing streak after all of the pre-season hype and expectations, especially expectations concerning his future.

I didn't say the program sucks. I said it doesn't look good for the program. And it doesn't. And we all know other players in other programs have done the same. But I care most about our program, then Auburn and then Texas.

I said nothing more, and nothing less.

I wish him nothing but success.

Sitting the rest of the year will not help his draft status. If he thinks it will he is sadly mistaken. He must think he has had a stellar year so far.

Neither will playing In narduzzi’s horrendous defensive scheme that makes him look bad.
If it was just ford it might hurt him, but there are several guys who looked horrific in this defense who have had fairly long NFL careers.

Definitely sucks, he was a great player for Pitt and hopefully will have a long career in the NFL. But to be honest, unless he can throw a tight 40-yard spiral, pass block for himself, and call his own plays then he wasn't going to win any games for us the rest of this year. Between the reported tweet last night and the "thug" issue over the summer, it definitely seemed like they weren't on the same page anymore.

Definitely sucks, he was a great player for Pitt and hopefully will have a long career in the NFL. But to be honest, unless he can throw a tight 40-yard spiral, pass block for himself, and call his own plays then he wasn't going to win any games for us the rest of this year. Between the reported tweet last night and the "thug" issue over the summer, it definitely seemed like they weren't on the same page anymore.
He never will be transparent, but Narduzzi should explain why he benched him in the 2nd half last week

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT