ADVERTISEMENT

Paris Ford . Status update?

Hamlin was hurt when we recruited him. Ford was an academic question when we recruited him. Whitehead has been in his program for two years. So, yes, this is HCPN's program and his fault.
So, you think HCPN should not have recruited these guys? And all the other schools that were hot after them Were idiots too? I don't think so

This play was made by Hamlin in the Quad A state championship game in Damar's SR year at PCC. He sure did a helluva job laying out hits like that while playing hurt (and still being recruited by all those P5 teams that offered him) in the last game of his HS career.

Hamlin was hurt when we recruited him. Ford was an academic question when we recruited him. Whitehead has been in his program for two years. So, yes, this is HCPN's program and his fault.

Well, I wish Duzz would recruit 20 Fords, Hamlins, and Whiteheads each year.

So, you believe Narduzzi should not have recruited these players in the first place?
Hah. No, but it is his fault if his program doesn't have the talent to compete. You don't get a pass because you recruit talented players who are hurt when you got them or can't get eligible. Those are the risks you take and potentially reasons their recruitment was easier. And discipline falls on him after 2 years. It doesn't matter if it is our best player or our worst player. It is his job to manage the expectations and deal with the fall out if they are not met.

So, you think HCPN should not have recruited these guys? And all the other schools that were hot after them Were idiots too? I don't think so
I never said either. But if you take risks or can't control your discipline, you better be able to still get results with what you have. You don't get an excuse. I'm sure many of the schools recruiting both Hamlin and Ford prioritized recruits based on health and ability to qualify.

Well, I wish Duzz would recruit 20 Fords, Hamlins, and Whiteheads each year.
Well, then 1/3 of our roster would be talented, but injured. 1/3 would be battling for eligibility and essentially unable to positively impact the team. 1/3 would be discipline issues and suspended. That wouldn't end up being a very good program. Plus, our offensive and defensive lines would be awful.

Reactions: cashisking884
This play was made by Hamlin in the Quad A state championship game in Damar's SR year at PCC. He sure did a helluva job laying out hits like that while playing hurt (and still being recruited by all those P5 teams that offered him) in the last game of his HS career.
Yeah, nice play. He was and is hurt. He and HCPN have both talked about it.

Hah.
Well, then 1/3 of our roster would be talented, but injured. 1/3 would be battling for eligibility and essentially unable to positively impact the team. 1/3 would be discipline issues and suspended. That wouldn't end up being a very good program. Plus, our offensive and defensive lines would be awful.

It's only an issue if you're closing the book on a Jr, a RS Fr, and a guy who hasn't enrolled yet. You could also say 1/3 would be ACC rookie of the year and 2nd team ACC, 1/3 would play as true freshman and be the 7th ranked recruit at their position, and 1/3 would be ranked 5th at their position and one of the top recruits in their state.

Touche on your last point!

It's only an issue if you're closing the book on a Jr, a RS Fr, and a guy who hasn't enrolled yet. You could also say 1/3 would be ACC rookie of the year and 2nd team ACC, 1/3 would play as true freshman and be the 7th ranked recruit at their position, and 1/3 would be ranked 5th at their position and one of the top recruits in their state.

Touche on your last point!
I am not closing the book at all, but that is the current state of affairs for all 3. It looks like we will get little from two of them this year and, at best, a suspension shortened season from the other.

ADVERTISEMENT