ADVERTISEMENT

Paris Ford

Steve_H2P

Walk-on
Aug 9, 2016
looks like he’s good as gone next year. WVU is the likely spot he transferring to.... it’s not 100% done yet... but I’d say 65-70 %?chance he’s gone next year. Which sucks because I was excited to see him in a PITT uniform making plays! This info is from a real good source.

That would be a shame if he does. I think his time is coming. Patience is a virtue for many of these kids. I understand the frustration of not playing as much as wanted. I don't know the reason for his lack of PT, but Pitt has played young guys, so he needs to work, be a good teammate, and let his talent blossom to the point the coaches have no choice than to play him.

I'm sick of hearing about him. If he's good enough he would be playing. If he can't deal with not doing enough to see the field and wants to quit...see ya. I think he has talent but not toughness and character

It wouldn't come as a surprise. How many High Schools did he go to?

I'm sick of hearing about him. If he's good enough he would be playing. If he can't deal with not doing enough to see the field and wants to quit...see ya. I think he has talent but not toughness and character

I feel the same way. As I said in another thread, there are how many 1st and 2nd year guys getting good PT? If he’s not one of them, that’s on him.

Makes sense! I agree with ya! But there’s more to the story... so much stuff is going on behind closed doors...

looks like he’s good as gone next year. WVU is the likely spot he transferring to.... it’s not 100% done yet... but I’d say 65-70 %?chance he’s gone next year. Which sucks because I was excited to see him in a PITT uniform making plays! This info is from a real good source.
Don’t blame him one bit, again coaching staff cannot access talent

Reactions: Steve_H2P
Does Lamont Wade feel the same at PSU? I don’t see him out there much. Young players like Ford take a couple years sometimes.
I agree! But there’s so much stuff going on behind closed doors. I didn’t know about till today! Hopefully things can get better

There would be nothing unusual if a kid whose not seeing PT leaves after two yrs . He's in school to play ball , I'd bet he didn't choose Pitt for it's academic programs .

Moving him to cornerback was such a mind boggling move. Instead of continuing to work with him at a position of need, they give up and move him to a deep position.

If he simply wasn’t playing, I’d say he has no legit reason to complain. But he came out of HS a safety.... Hamlin moved from CB to FS, he could move to SS once ford was ready at FS. Who wouldn’t be mad if you were a former 4-star safety and one of your team’s starting safeties is Dennis Briggs?

My sources are telling me that Paris Ford will win multiple heisman trophies at WVU, get drafted first overall, and demands to be paid as a #1 cb + #1 wr

I thought that was Dravon Henry? I remember reading on here that he was a can’t miss NFL guy.

Reactions: omega
If he was so good he’d be starting at safety. He hasn’t looked that great at corner so what makes you think he’d me great at safety. The kid had all year to study work hard and learn the position. The fact that he’s not playing more says more about him than the staff. They have given true frosh reps (see carter) when they earn it. The fastest way to lose a team is to give a kid reps who hasn’t earns them just because he was a highly rate player

Wasn't he a freshman all-american then tore his ACL or MCL after the next season?

Promising freshman season. Couldn't claim a regular starting spot his Soph season. Hurt his knee. Couldn't beat out a true freshman his Jr year got moved. Finishing his college career as a nondescript player.

Last edited:
Wasn't he a freshman all-american then tore his ACL or MCL after the next season?

Regressed after his freshman season and got hurt early in his junior year I believe.

Still has a chance of course, but wasn’t that good the year before he got hurt or the year after his return.

If he was so good he’d be starting at safety. He hasn’t looked that great at corner so what makes you think he’d me great at safety. The kid had all year to study work hard and learn the position. The fact that he’s not playing more says more about him than the staff. They have given true frosh reps (see carter) when they earn it. The fastest way to lose a team is to give a kid reps who hasn’t earns them just because he was a highly rate player

Because we’ve seen what Briggs has done and it’s not good

620 yards offense surrendered to an average Duke team.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ford is actually half decent and is not playing due to some personal squabble with coaching staff and they are butt-hurt about it so they don't play him. We have seen the obstinance and how it culminates into not changing defensive schemes for someone who is supposed to be a defensive guru. I would bet a Pitt Script polo shirt that a lack of playing time is due to personal differences ...and nothing to do with skill.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ford is actually half decent and is not playing due to some personal squabble with coaching staff and they are butt-hurt about it so they don't play him. We have seen the obstinance and how it culminates into not changing defensive schemes for someone who is supposed to be a defensive guru. I would bet a Pitt Script polo shirt that a lack of playing time is due to personal differences ...and nothing to do with skill.
Kinda like when Ollison was in the dog house.

Reactions: gary2 and PerchMan
That's one heck of a reach to come to that conclusion.

If there were a way to confirm that, I'd be tempted to take that shirt from you.

Being coachable and able to process constructive criticism is all part of the deal, just like it is in real life. You might think your boss is an asshole and don't like him or the things he says or does. However, to improve yourself and chances for long term success you are better off to process the messages about what needs to be improved and find a way to shrug off the way in which the message was delivered.

That's one heck of a reach to come to that conclusion.

If there were a way to confirm that, I'd be tempted to take that shirt from you.

So the defensive guru who is ranked 57th, 101, 65, and 97 (pts allowed per game stat) the last 4 years and 103rd currently (yards allowed per game) and will not adapt to ACC football in year 4 due to obstinance, would not be of a mindset to sit a kid due to personal issues? Sorry, I refuse to believe he is worse than Briggs. If you do confirm it, be sure to PM me for my address so you can send me my shirt. Men's Large would be fine.

Being coachable and able to process constructive criticism is all part of the deal, just like it is in real life. You might think your boss is an asshole and don't like him or the things he says or does. However, to improve yourself and chances for long term success you are better off to process the messages about what needs to be improved and find a way to shrug off the way in which the message was delivered.

Thank you for describing Narduzzi. I couldn't have said it better myself.

I'd not want a coach to give a position to a player outright if they genuinely show absolutely nothing compared to the guy above him (no matter how dismal that guy is himself). In the admittedly infrequent times this kid has gotten in, he's done nothing.

However, he seems quite gifted athletically and it's frankly smart business (and it is a business) to show you will try everything to leverage your high profile recruits. This team desperately needs playmakers at the WR and H-back/TE position and it should have been something the coaches should have considered. Like, you know, this Carter guy! Seriously, Ford appears too passive to be a good defensive player...it is something in the psyche, a homicidal / suicidal instinct, and you typically know right away with a guy (and the verdict seems in on him). But maybe offense is his forte. If only for future recruiting, Duz is doing himself a disservice not trying to find out.

So the defensive guru who is ranked 57th, 101, 65, and 97 (pts allowed per game stat) the last 4 years and 103rd currently (yards allowed per game) and will not adapt to ACC football in year 4 due to obstinance, would not be of a mindset to sit a kid due to personal issues? Sorry, I refuse to believe he is worse than Briggs. If you do confirm it, be sure to PM me for my address so you can send me my shirt. Men's Large would be fine.

I'm going to defer to you on the topic. You sound like an expert.

Moving him to cornerback was such a mind boggling move. Instead of continuing to work with him at a position of need, they give up and move him to a deep position.

If he simply wasn’t playing, I’d say he has no legit reason to complain. But he came out of HS a safety.... Hamlin moved from CB to FS, he could move to SS once ford was ready at FS. Who wouldn’t be mad if you were a former 4-star safety and one of your team’s starting safeties is Dennis Briggs?
True dat

Definitely a common occurrence. The UNC qb shredding us to pieces might be the most embarrassing performance of the college football season. But dungey of Syracuse hardly torched us, he was pretty awful against us this year.
UNC beat us with bubble screens and throws to the flat - Somehow those plays fail to work against any of their other opponents. How can that be?

I'd not want a coach to give a position to a player outright if they genuinely show absolutely nothing compared to the guy above him (no matter how dismal that guy is himself). In the admittedly infrequent times this kid has gotten in, he's done nothing.

However, he seems quite gifted athletically and it's frankly smart business (and it is a business) to show you will try everything to leverage your high profile recruits. This team desperately needs playmakers at the WR and H-back/TE position and it should have been something the coaches should have considered. Like, you know, this Carter guy! Seriously, Ford appears too passive to be a good defensive player...it is something in the psyche, a homicidal / suicidal instinct, and you typically know right away with a guy (and the verdict seems in on him). But maybe offense is his forte. If only for future recruiting, Duz is doing himself a disservice not trying to find out.
Our entire defense is too passive. We play off everybody. We self create having to make tackles in space (that were are unable to make) Ford is just playing how he is coached to play.

Watch plays in the flat. We have players in position to prevent a first down if we just advance and make the tackle. We almost always hold our position and are carried to a first down. There is no attack on this defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT