ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Bostick interview with new Chancellor Gabel

HailToPitt725

Head Coach
May 16, 2016
Nice interview with new Chancellor Joan Gabel that discusses her viewpoints on athletics in higher education.

What did she say about the lessons she learned on the athletic fields and courts of her youth?

What did she say about the lessons she learned on the athletic fields and courts of her youth?
Not sure, but she spoke too much about those darn “community service” and “academic excellence” buzzwords when talking about football… we have another Posvar on our hands! ;)

If stuff goes down bad with the ACC, its sure nice to have two Big10 lobbiers in leadership roles.
They should certainly know more than anyone (more than many on this board for sure) why it’s absolutely critical for Pitt to remain in the college football major league.

Certainly hope these ladies can be influential with their ACC counterparts. I fear the southern bubbas discarding the ‘big city harlots’, but these clowns better shake their delusional procrastination quickly.

It’s not happening until after the on-campus stadium is built… :oops:
Coming from Minnesota she has seen the results of a football team moving from a stadium shared with a professional team to a new on campus facility. To what degree she views that move as a win will probably largely affect to what degree a move back on campus would be considered for Pitt during her time as chancellor.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Coming from Minnesota she has seen the results of a football team moving from a stadium shared with a professional team to a new on campus facility.

Minnesota's record in conference play their last 10 seasons playing in a stadium shared with an NFL team: 32-48, .400

Minnesota's record in conference play their first 10 seasons playing in their new on campus stadium: 30-53, .361

What, exactly, are we thinking she might see?

She knows the value of being in major league football for a middle of the road program in an NFL city, or else it would have to discard football completely, because it’s fanbase (those not mentally challenged at least) will never, ever accept being minor league.

But I’m beginning to think a lot of you want that (dropping football) to happen. Unless you are mentally challenged.

She knows the value of being in major league football for a middle of the road program in an NFL city, or else it would have to discard football completely, because it’s fanbase (those not mentally challenged at least) will never, ever accept being minor league.

But I’m beginning to think a lot of you want that (dropping football) to happen. Unless you are mentally challenged.
I’ll admit, I was a Pitt basketball fan before I was a Pitt football fan. I’d never want us to actually disband football, but if we don’t get into the B1G or SEC, I’d much rather we rejoin the Big East with Syracuse, Boston College, and maybe Duke. Retain a premier hoops affiliation and join whatever mini football conference would be thrown together with the ACC expats.

As convenient it’d be for us in Kansas City, I’d prefer we don’t end up in the Big 12.

I’ll admit, I was a Pitt basketball fan before I was a Pitt football fan. I’d never want us to actually disband football, but if we don’t get into the B1G or SEC, I’d much rather we rejoin the Big East with Syracuse, Boston College, and maybe Duke. Retain a premier hoops affiliation and join whatever mini football conference would be thrown together with the ACC expats.
Big East (minus football) is precisely where it is headed to if no action is taken.

Actually getting into one of the two large conf is ideal of course, but seems a fantasy at this point. So the only hope Is to strengthen / evolve the ACC to make it worth the while of ESPN (and/or politicians) to force the big 2 not to try to withdraw into its own league and leave out everyone else. To ensure that the conference (and therefore Pitt football) continues to have a place in the national playoff picture.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT