ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Narduzzi

This thread is out of control. PITT is definitely better with Narduzzi but his team is young and his OC is really, really, bad. He put too much faith in Watson.

PITT will win the Coastal in three years if we can bump up recruiting (QB) and continue to build the offensive and defensive lines.

We were a special teams error and a fumble on the 6 inch line from blowing them out. Everybody needs to relax.

Where do u think Va Tech Miami will be 3 years from now? Tell me you don't think those programs are done rising and getting stronger.

UNC? Will they be this bad in the next 3 years?

We are a middle of the pack football program in a division that is very pedestrian on the national level.

I'm certainly not saying narduzzis should go....but I find it almost impossible to be optimistic for this programs future.

This thread is out of control. PITT is definitely better with Narduzzi but his team is young and his OC is really, really, bad. He put too much faith in Watson.

PITT will win the Coastal in three years if we can bump up recruiting (QB) and continue to build the offensive and defensive lines.

We were a special teams error and a fumble on the 6 inch line from blowing them out. Everybody needs to relax.

Ok recruiting gets "bumped up" who will "bump up " coaching.
IMO the PITT talent is way better than the on field results which translates to a coaching deficiency!

Just look at all the programs who have left us in the dust. Miami, Louisville and VT were trainwrecks not to long ago!

They hired talented AD's, who hired talented coaches, who knew how to recruit and coach!

Last edited:
When was the last time Pitt fans attended these games regularly in large numbers? I'll answer that. NEVER. There have been short periods of time in the last 50 years when Pitt fans would show up for big games in large numbers, but only for those games. And it was sporadic and not consistent at all. Even in the great years of the mid-70's to the early 80's, Pitt fans were like this. Winning won't change anything for the long-term.

This isn't on the fans. This is on the coaches and administration. Period.

When was the last time Pitt fans attended these games regularly in large numbers? I'll answer that. NEVER. There have been short periods of time in the last 50 years when Pitt fans would show up for big games in large numbers, but only for those games. And it was sporadic and not consistent at all. Even in the great years of the mid-70's to the early 80's, Pitt fans were like this. Winning won't change anything for the long-term.

This isn't on the fans. This is on the coaches and administration. Period.

And the fans

Dude, Winning programs blow out a 1-8 team with a third string QB on national TV. They don’t make the mistakes Pitt makes week in/week out. They DIDN’T blow them out. They lost. That is the reality of last night’s game.

Reactions: VJJPUNISHER
I like to consider myself an overly positive Pitt fan. Honestly though, i think i lost faith in Narduzzi. However, i have no faith that Pitt WOULD hire better.

Frankly, between hoops and this mess, bailing on Pitt fandom seems like the easiest option at this juncture.

I’m 35, reasonably successful professionally, and pitt hasn’t even given me a call or sent me an email since the year after my graduation. Do i just accept top-to-bottom incompetence at this point and move on with my life?

But yet someone like me who has no ties to Pitt other than being a fan receives calls/emails periodically to donate. Sounds like a very piss poor administration and athletic dept.

One thing we seem to have forgotten in all this. Pitt coaches had 11 days to prepare for UNC. And they give up an opening kick-off return. Game was over shortly after it started. Maybe it was the lack of fans in the seats that gave Pitt the oh-hum approach who knows. Players/coaches were not prepared last night.

Maybe its because our HC doesn't know how to prepare his team coming off a bye week. 0-3 so far if I'm not mistaken. Last night we lost to the worst team in the conference by far as a 9 point favorite at home. We were still playing for a bowl game, they were playing for nothing.

One thing we seem to have forgotten in all this. Pitt coaches had 11 days to prepare for UNC. And they give up an opening kick-off return. Game was over shortly after it started. Maybe it was the lack of fans in the seats that gave Pitt the oh-hum approach who knows. Players/coaches were not prepared last night.

PN has to learn from his mistakes. We all do.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
It's disappointing. I'm pissed. But if you say Pitt hasn't contacted you then you don't buy tickets or donate. I'm flooded with emails.

And people that actually care about something don’t need to wait to be contacted in order to support it, whether Pitt or something else.

I’ll never understand that excuse. No one posting on a fan board devoted to an institution isn’t aware of it or its websites.

Reactions: DiehardPanther

But recruiting is getting worse. Watson is the OC and won't be going anywhere. What top QB recruit would come here with our awful OC, 0 talent at WR, and a terrible defense?

Doyle wanted to go to PITT but Watson chose to run with Patti. Huge mistake. Say what you want but Watson is not the man to run this offense for the next 5 years.

It's disappointing. I'm pissed. But if you say Pitt hasn't contacted you then you don't buy tickets or donate. I'm flooded with emails.

And people that actually care about something don’t need to wait to be contacted in order to support it, whether Pitt or something else.

I’ll never understand that excuse. No one posting on a fan board devoted to an institution isn’t aware of it or its websites.

Well said.

Doyle wanted to go to PITT but Watson chose to run with Patti. Huge mistake. Say what you want but Watson is not the man to run this offense for the next 5 years.
I think Watson is terrible but I don't expect HCPN will fire his buddy after one year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT