ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State fan, I come in peace

Jun 10, 2019
Good morning all,

Just stopping by to see what you guys think about the upcoming Pitt/PSU game. For those making the trip, I hope you have a wonderful time and feel free to ask any questions...

Cheers,

Jacobs ESQ.

Good morning all,

Just stopping by to see what you guys think about the upcoming Pitt/PSU game. For those making the trip, I hope you have a wonderful time and feel free to ask any questions...

Cheers,

Jacobs ESQ.
Penn State has a lot of 4-stars and 5-stars players on their roster, including a midget safety.

Fortunately for Pitt, they will be coached on the field by Slippin' Jimmy Franklin. That neutralizes their star power.

Narduzzi will be installing the "clapping signals" for Pitt's defense again this year against the Nit's offense. Do you think Jimmy will whine again about that in his post game press conference?

I hope Jimmy goes to his grave like the evil Joe Paterno did, having LOST to Pitt in the last game that he coached against them!

Thanks for stopping by...

As bad of a coach as Franklin is painted to be on this board, he has outscored Narduzzi 123-62 thus far in the three game series. That's 41 points per game their offense has put up against our defense. If anything this coming year, I hope we put together a better gameplay to slow them down offensively.

I'd imagine PSU starting a new QB will help neutralize it a bit. The addition of Whipple should help Pickett/the passing attack. In the last two games, we've run the ball effectively but found ourselves in a hole due to bad defense and key TOs/mistakes. Without a proper passing attack, it was too big of a hole to dig ourselves out of.

guy opened up an account and his first post is on a pitt board. that's weird considering penn state fans don't even care about pitt. got to love psu fans coming on our board to remind us that they don't think of us, just in case we forget..

I compare it to me driving by my ex girlfriend's house every night and yelling at her window how much she still needs me, just in case she forgets..

guy opened up an account and his first post is on a pitt board. that's weird considering penn state fans don't even care about pitt. got to love psu fans coming on our board to remind us that they don't think of us, just in case we forget..

I compare it to me driving by my ex girlfriend's house every night and yelling at her window how much she still needs me, just in case she forgets..

They all claim to be banned here but can maintain a "Pitt fan" thread for months. I bet this board has a gigantic membership dedicated to PSU fans who just want to be able to creep here.

Reactions: PittPanthers90
In all honesty it might be a plant by Rivals (cap R) to drive posts. Goodness knows our our recruiting isn't driving any traffic here or hoops board. With nothing sticking to Trump with the Muller sham I imagine locker room traffic largely has dried up.

Penn State trolling is always a good driver of replies. Heck, worked on me.

Can a new stadium or uniform pant stripe thread be far off? :D

In all honesty it might be a plant by Rivals (cap R) to drive posts. Goodness knows our our recruiting isn't driving any traffic here or hoops board. With nothing sticking to Trump with the Muller sham I imagine locker room traffic largely has dried up.

Penn State trolling is always a good driver of replies.

Can a new stadium or uniform pant stripe thread be far off? :D
It’s June. Pat signal season. We are 5 days away from the biggest recruiting weekend of the year.

Patience.

See that the pre-determination w/r/t the upcoming Pitt recruiting weekend is happening in earnest.
So predictable. The supply of wet blankets is never ending. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Springfield Panther
See that the pre-determination w/r/t the upcoming Pitt recruiting weekend is happening in earnest.
So predictable. The supply of wet blankets is never ending. :rolleyes:
anyone really good that commits to us, i'll be worried that they will get bigger offers and rescind their verbal. Anyone that doesn't have good offers, i'll complain that we should go after bigger fish. so yeah, im a wet blanket.

JK, I don't complain about high school kids. I wait til they are redshirt freshmen then I complain..

anyone really good that commits to us, i'll be worried that they will get bigger offers and rescind their verbal. Anyone that doesn't have good offers, i'll complain that we should go after bigger fish. so yeah, im a wet blanket.

JK, I don't complain about high school kids. I wait til they are redshirt freshmen then I complain..
After last year is it now assured that our football recruiting is a one day a year affair when the will call window opens and any 2 or 3 star we'd winked at gets to step up until our allotment is filled? Kind of like a presale for Supertramp tickets?

Reactions: Pitt79
After last year is it now assured that our football recruiting is a one day a year affair when the will call window opens and any 2 or 3 star we'd winked at gets to step up until our allotment is filled? Kind of like a presale for Supertramp tickets?
I don't get anything you just said..

Reactions: ButchNicholson
psu fans complaining about being banned from other teams boards might be the funniest thing I've ever heard in my life..
Really. Considering post 1 is typically one or all the following: "51-6. 48-13. The rapes never happened. It was a money grab and a witch hunt. But if it did, those boys were honored to be shtupped by such a great man. But it didn't happen. And, and, 51-6."

Yep. Just more of the SOS from the SOP's.

But If posting mockery, denigration and sarcasm directed to all things Pitt is your schtick, then have it. Just about everyone else gets it and I don't think anyone's being fooled.

Reactions: Springfield Panther
Last year 99% of our freaking commits were on one day
i feel like this isn't true at all. where you this negative about walt and chryst's recruiting? you really come off as one who loves complaining. it's your choice but damned if you don't see the bad in everything and if it isn't there, you'll go out of your way and find it..

99% commits were one day? WHo in the hell cares about when a player verbals? commits are commits when they sign so yeah, 100% of commits were on one day, LOI day. just like every year since the creation of LOI day..

Good morning all,

Cheers,

Jacobs ESQ.

Welcome and thanks for stopping by. I think many of us are waiting to see what this team looks like after fall camp. The Panthers were so badly handcuffed by former OC Shawn Watson the last two years and we had a hole in our recruiting and development of OL under the former OL Coach Peterson.

We “think” that the new OC and second year OL coach are addressing these issues but have no way to know until we see the first 2 games (UVA, Ohio U). Remember, we’re replacing the entire backfield that included (2) 1,000 yard backs and 4 out of 5 OL from a line that was adept w/ run blocking and not so strong in pass protection.

Many of us anticipate a more athletic but less experienced OL, significant production increases from the passing game and an honest run / pass mix which HCPN has consistently prescribed. Because of our fandom we are going to be more optimistic than the media or those less familiar with our players would be but the truth is no one knows how far along or healthy this team can be for the 3rd game of the season.

I would count on a much stronger performance from our defense then the embarrassment that was last years game. Really looking forward to a great contest and hopefully we split the series. I will miss this match up and hope the AD’s and fans will see that there are mutual benefits to these programs playing.

Last edited:
First post troller is back.

In fairness, his post is totally polite and benign. He didn’t frame it in the context of Pitt being beaten like a JV team last year or ask where all 15 of our traveling fans will be lodging...

I’ve made similar “out reach” posts on BWI w/ curiosity for some sincere, objective football chat and one in 5 or 10 posts will provide as much while others are going to poo poo the post altogether because it’s Pitt related. I don’t see a troll post by Mr. Jacobs but rather an opportunity for conversation.

Guys, if we don’t like the “shoot first” mentality that surrounds this rivalry, we’re completely capable of changing it. I’m dyed in the wool blue and gold and I have to say Pitt fans can be as classless as PSU fans can be arrogant and neither is a great look...

The guy wants to talk Pitt / PSU football (seems like the right place to come). A little civility is the least that can be offered.

Last edited:
In fairness, his post is totally polite and benign. He didn’t frame it in the context of Pitt being beaten like a JV team last year or ask where all 15 of our traveling fans will be lodging...

I’ve made similar “out reach” posts on BWI w/ curiosity for some sincere, objective football chat and one in 5 or 10 posts will provide as much while others are going to poo poo the post altogether because it’s Pitt related. I don’t see a troll post by Mr. Jacobs but rather an opportunity for conversation.

Guys, if we don’t like the “shoot first” mentality that surrounds this rivalry, we’re completely capable of changing it. I’m dyed in the wool blue and gold and I have to say Pitt fans can be as classless as PSU fans can be arrogant and neither is a great look...

The guy wants to talk Pitt / PSU football (seems like the right place to come) and is paying Peak for the right to chat with us. A little civility is the least that can be offered.

Well, since this is the free board, he's not paying Peak a penny.

Also, I think most legitimate Pitt fans would be more tolerant of nits on here if Pitt fans were treated with a reciprocal attitude of toleration on the nit Rivals site. But they're not.

The guy wants to talk Pitt / PSU football (seems like the right place to come). A little civility is the least that can be offered.

If you really post on BWI then you know that they have dedicated a lot of time and energy to trolling Pitt. Not all of it is wrong but it's an obsession.

That escalated quickly!

Also - OP's 1st post trolling the PITT board.....weird

Penn State has a lot of 4-stars and 5-stars players on their roster, including a midget safety.

Fortunately for Pitt, they will be coached on the field by Slippin' Jimmy Franklin. That neutralizes their star power.

Narduzzi will be installing the "clapping signals" for Pitt's defense again this year against the Nit's offense. Do you think Jimmy will whine again about that in his post game press conference?

I hope Jimmy goes to his grave like the evil Joe Paterno did, having LOST to Pitt in the last game that he coached against them!

Thanks for stopping by...

Well, since this is the free board, he's not paying Peak a penny.

Also, I think most legitimate Pitt fans would be more tolerant of nits on here if Pitt fans were treated with a reciprocal attitude of toleration on the nit Rivals site. But they're not.

So perpetuate the cycle? I don’t care what happens on BWI. I take a look every once in a while just to see what’s up and get the temperature of their fan base. It’s disappointing that some people are rude, sure but that’s not everyone. I’m there to talk to the reasonable people.

We all have friends, coworkers, family members (in laws in my case) that are nitters. A little civility would go a long way. I wanted to puke after our abortion of a game last year but on the way out I congratulated PSU fans and thanked their band members who were returning to their buses. For a change it would be great to see Pitt fans take the high road. Some of the unprovoked language I’ve seen Pitt fans hurl at PSU fans reminds me of going to Morgantown... Let’s not emulate the Hill-Jacks.

We set the tone here. Let’s conduct ourselves w/ class.

Last edited:
They all claim to be banned here but can maintain a "Pitt fan" thread for months. I bet this board has a gigantic membership dedicated to PSU fans who just want to be able to creep here.
We also have our fair share of "pittdoc57", and "sappycrease" posters, among others, who pretend to be Pitt fans.

Strange lot; all of them.

i feel like this isn't true at all. where you this negative about walt and chryst's recruiting? you really come off as one who loves complaining. it's your choice but damned if you don't see the bad in everything and if it isn't there, you'll go out of your way and find it..

99% commits were one day? WHo in the hell cares about when a player verbals? commits are commits when they sign so yeah, 100% of commits were on one day, LOI day. just like every year since the creation of LOI day..
Shrug. Different strokes.
I'll continue with what i do... you can as well...

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
We also have our fair share of "pittdoc57", and "sappycrease" posters, among others, who pretend to be Pitt fans.

Strange lot; all of them.

Not sure on those but I see several guys spending a lot of time developing pretty amazing profiles and backstories in order to troll. You have to give credit where it's due.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
Not sure if OP is legit or not, but the name "Ronaldjacobsattorney" and the whole "Jacobs ESQ." sign-off to me just seemed... weird.

I don't get why you want to come on to an anonymous college sports talk message board pushing your name and profession, but to each their own.

I thought this was going to be a fun series since college football is built on rivalries. Penn State fans took all the fun out of it for me and can't say I'm hyped up for it anymore.

Why don't you copy your post on the Blue and White board and watch
how the PSU haters react to it.

Go on the BWI board as a PITT fan and see how long you last before you get banned!

If you post anything PITT positive or Nitter negative you're toast.

Bad mouth Joe, Sandusky, or talk about how sanctions were right you're gone.

Say something about James "Frankie" Franklin, like how if he loses to OSU, Michigan, or Mich St or doesn't win the BIG10 they'll be planning his going away party or a fishing trip on the Susquehanna River if his buy-out is to high.

Not a tolerant bunch!

But they're civilized when you go to the Nitter /PITT game in State College.
A lot better than Hoopie fans in Hoopieville WV.
Mrs Buffett and I will give it another try this season in State College.
I'll never go to a game in Morgantown WV.

Last edited:
Reactions: pbrad
I will first say I am rooting like hell for Pitt to win, and I hope Penn State loses every game. But outside of that, I am done with this childish crap between the two schools and fanbases. I don't care. If you believe that attending a college football game is some sort of metric for self worth, hey go for it. Whatever makes you happy. But this demonizing each other just because someone went to a college (both are great schools by the way) or worse, because they have an allegiance to a football team, then you have the mentality of a 12 year old.

I do respect those fans who attend games.
But please respect me for not going or donating to the football program.
And lets please respect all who post here whether we agree with their opinions or not.
Anyone who is brave enough to post and talk about Pitt is a true fan.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
I do respect those fans who attend games.
But please respect me for not going or donating to the football program.
And lets please respect all who post here whether we agree with their opinions or not.
Anyone who is brave enough to post and talk about Pitt is a true fan.

Good post.
Some people are real fans but can't afford to attend games for lots of reasons so the message board is a way to support PITT. Great!

Others who can afford to attend games, and don't, but post are the free board like they're great fans aren't fans! Especially local Pittsburgh area people!

Attendance matters!

Mrs Buffett and I could stay home watch the games from our comfortable TV room and save $ 800 a weekend (Friday-Sunday -6x's $800=$4,800 or 7x's $800= $ 5,600 / year). Not to mention driving approx. 5k miles /year traveling to games.

Attendance matters!

PITT home game attendance points out how many real fans they actually don't have. Lot's!

You are right people who post on here should respect others opinions but there's a large group who attempt to control the conversation! Mostly the high volume, long timer posters!

Good post.
Some people are real fans but can't afford to attend games for lots of reasons so the message board is a way to support PITT. Great!

Others who can afford to attend games, and don't, but post are the free board like they're great fans aren't fans! Especially local Pittsburgh area people!

Attendance matters!

Mrs Buffett and I could stay home watch the games from our comfortable TV room and save $ 800 a weekend (Friday-Sunday -6x's $800=$4,800 or 7x's $800= $ 5,600 / year). Not to mention driving approx. 5k miles /year traveling to games.

Attendance matters!

PITT home game attendance points out how many real fans they actually don't have. Lot's!

You are right people who post on here should respect others opinions but there's a large group who attempt to control the conversation! Mostly the high volume, long timer posters!

Or fans like me who live 1000 miles away or prefer to give to other programs within the university's sports umbrella. Still makes me a football fan albeit a disgruntled one. But again, I do really admire those out of town fans who travel in for games of any sort. I personally just dont make the time to fly in anymore. However, I'll fly in for groundbreaking on the new multi purpose center in Oakland if that ever happens. :)

So perpetuate the cycle? I don’t care what happens on BWI. I take a look every once in a while just to see what’s up and get the temperature of their fan base. It’s disappointing that some people are rude, sure but that’s not everyone. I’m there to talk to the reasonable people.

We all have friends, coworkers, family members (in laws in my case) that are nitters. A little civility would go a long way. I wanted to puke after our abortion of a game last year but on the way out I congratulated PSU fans and thanked their band members who were returning to their buses. For a change it would be great to see Pitt fans take the high road. Some of the unprovoked language I’ve seen Pitt fans hurl at PSU fans reminds me of going to Morgantown... Let’s not emulate the Hill-Jacks.

We set the tone here. Let’s conduct ourselves w/ class.

This is what we should be striving for - win with class, lose with class. Great post.

Reactions: Pittski
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT