ADVERTISEMENT

PennLive ran an interesting survey question

Panther_in_Kentucky

Sophomore
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2001
Based on Penn State's mantra "Pitt's not our Rival... We're Unrivaled....Blah, Blah, Blah " They ran a survey asking what is a bigger rivalry game for Dear 'Ole State: Pitt vs. Penn State or Ohio State vs. Penn State? The results 74.8% of the respondents picked Pitt vs. Penn State.

The missing part? They need to run the survey in Columbus, OH and ask: Who is Ohio State's biggest rival? Michigan or Penn State. I guarantee you that 99.999% of the respondents would answer Michigan.

Given this FACT: I think Pitt and WVU need to focus on cleaning up the unhealthy aspects of their fans in the Rivalry and renew the Pitt - WVU game "Backyard Brawl" on Thanksgiving Weekend. In fact, I think the ACC would be wise to offer WVU admittance to the conference full time.

Pitt and WVU have a great rivalry also and can develop it for the long haul. Let Penn State be "Unrivaled".

Reactions: RockThrillCock
Based on Penn State's mantra "Pitt's not our Rival... We're Unrivaled....Blah, Blah, Blah " They ran a survey asking what is a bigger rivalry game for Dear 'Ole State: Pitt vs. Penn State or Ohio State vs. Penn State? The results 74.8% of the respondents picked Pitt vs. Penn State.

The missing part? They need to run the survey in Columbus, OH and ask: Who is Ohio State's biggest rival? Michigan or Penn State. I guarantee you that 99.999% of the respondents would answer Michigan.

Given this FACT: I think Pitt and WVU need to focus on cleaning up the unhealthy aspects of their fans in the Rivalry and renew the Pitt - WVU game "Backyard Brawl" on Thanksgiving Weekend. In fact, I think the ACC would be wise to offer WVU admittance to the conference full time.

Pitt and WVU have a great rivalry also and can develop it for the long haul. Let Penn State be "Unrivaled".
Yeah. I'm sure WVU could do without all of its Tier 1 and Tier 2 television revenues for the next six years, and would jump at a chance to join the ACC, just to renew a rivalry.

Yeah. I'm sure WVU could do without all of its Tier 1 and Tier 2 television revenues for the next six years, and would jump at a chance to join the ACC, just to renew a rivalry.

There in lies the problem with all the Conference Re-Alignment. Actually, if announced it would only be 4 years as they would have to play at least 2 more. Then you would have some high priced attorney's negotiate their exit. You have to admit, it doesn't make sense for WVU to be in the Big XII geographically as opposed to Houston.

There in lies the problem with all the Conference Re-Alignment. Actually, if announced it would only be 4 years as they would have to play at least 2 more. Then you would have some high priced attorney's negotiate their exit. You have to admit, it doesn't make sense for WVU to be in the Big XII geographically as opposed to Houston.
The only way Houston (aka Coog High) ever gets into the Big 12 is if we kick Baylor out. The non-Texas schools will not approve elevating another G5 to P5, because it will thin out the recruiting pool in Texas.

Look for us to make a run at the two Arizona schools in a few years.

The only way Houston (aka Coog High) ever gets into the Big 12 is if we kick Baylor out. The non-Texas schools will not approve elevating another G5 to P5, because it will thin out the recruiting pool in Texas.

The phrase, "There goes the neighborhood" comes to mind with the thought of Rich Rod and Fraud moving in at the same time.

Of course, the way they're going, I doubt either will be at their current schools in a year of two.

Huh? No one is leaving the P12 for B12. That'd crazy.

Reactions: pbrad

Pac 12 teams will leave to go to the Big 12?? yeah sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT