ADVERTISEMENT

Pennsylvania All Stars defeat USA at the wrestling classic

dougpaper

Freshman
Gold Member
Oct 25, 2012
Been a long time but it was help this year at the Hilton in Southpointe versus the Field House. Team Pa pulled out he win and the WPIAL team defeated the Maryland team. Hopefully next year we are back to the Field house but congratulations to the wrestlers.

Reactions: lucac
Gotta catch the replay on Flo didn't have a chance to watch live

Our boys went 1-1 on the Classic.

McMillen lost at 138 to Carter Young of Oklahoma (going to Northwestern). Luca won at 170 over Dillon Walker of Ohio.

Reactions: lucac and persp
Our boys went 1-1 on the Classic.

McMillen lost at 138 to Carter Young of Oklahoma (going to Northwestern). Luca won at 170 over Dillon Walker of Ohio.
Trent Schultheis also won for the WPIAL team. McMillen looked solid against a top 5 guy, but just didn't have the offense to really threaten him. Luca really wore his guy down with physicality and pace, and got him in OT.

Reactions: singregardless
Schultheis is going to Edinboro now. No info on why he switched but something seemed a little off there once Finch committed (finch did beat him head up this year and outplaced him at the state tournament)

Reactions: singregardless
Schultheis is going to Edinboro now. No info on why he switched but something seemed a little off there once Finch committed (finch did beat him head up this year and outplaced him at the state tournament)
OK thanks, I hadn't seen that. Finch is a significantly better recruit, but I see him as more of a 197 once he fills out his frame, and Schultheis looks like a career 184. So, I thought there was room for both.

Yeah don’t disagree with that statement at all. Kid was talented so not happy he didn’t sign with us but just being honest watching him at the WPIAL tournament and at Powerade last year I always thought he would do better at a smaller school. Kid at times could scramble with the best of them though

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT