ADVERTISEMENT

Petkovic dismissed?

Yea, I thought maybe something like this was going on. He didn't look injured in warmups the few times and he played the 2nd Half 2 weeks ago.

I have heard Vidovich takes absolutely no crap and when you see Kizza getting kicked off but still going 1st Round and Bruce Arena making comments like he talked to Vidovich about him and was comfortable with the pick, you know Kizza couldn't have done anything "that bad."

For Pitt, this pretty much ends their NC hopes. They still should beat NIU but I think its going to be really close, maybe an OT game. They just dont have that creativity in the center up top without him and arent creating enough great chances. I'm not as worried about PSU because I've seen them but if we aren't scoring, we can lose a 1-0 game or 1-1 in PKs or whatever.

Yea, I thought maybe something like this was going on. He didn't look injured in warmups the few times and he played the 2nd Half 2 weeks ago.

I have heard Vidovich takes absolutely no crap and when you see Kizza getting kicked off but still going 1st Round and Bruce Arena making comments like he talked to Vidovich about him and was comfortable with the pick, you know Kizza couldn't have done anything "that bad."

For Pitt, this pretty much ends their NC hopes. They still should beat NIU but I think its going to be really close, maybe an OT game. They just dont have that creativity in the center up top without him and arent creating enough great chances. I'm not as worried about PSU because I've seen them but if we aren't scoring, we can lose a 1-0 game or 1-1 in PKs or whatever.
Wow from Alabama like to out early!

Yes but Alabama finds a way regardless of injuries. Next man up.

You get 85 scholarships in football. Much easier to find that next man. You get 9.9 in soccer. They had to play a walk-on vs ND who hasnt played all year. Despite all the stuff, they have a chance to get to the College Cup.

So why was he dismissed? Or did he leave voluntarily? Is something going on behind the scenes within the program? Very odd timing for the best player to not be on the team, however it happened.

• Wow
Reactions: jctrack
Two years in a row after Kizza last year. Becoming very frustrating when the talents to put you over the top aren’t there come tourney time

Two years in a row after Kizza last year. Becoming very frustrating when the talents to put you over the top aren’t there come tourney time

Kizza probably would have left before the season resumed in the spring though as he was a 1st Rounder.

Petkovic's club team, NYCFC plays for MLS Cup this weekend. It will be interesting to see if he makes the roster in March. I would think so.

With Petkovic and Almeida, they win the NC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT