ADVERTISEMENT

Pickett Looking Impressive and in Command

That was his one and only drive tonight.
It is nice not to have to campaign for him this season.

I think coaches have been resting their first teasers a little *too* much in the preseason lately.

Source: The lowly Steelers beating Josh Allen and Joe Burrow on consecutive opening days.

I haven't been high on the Steelers for some time, but I think they are going to have a very good team this season.

Reactions: USN_Panther
Could Kendrick Green start for Central Catholic? On three consecutive plays: Got plowed over; took a holding penalty; errant snap. Like does he have Tomlin's wife wrapped up in dynamite someplace with the detonator in am undisclosed location?

Reactions: NNFAN
Could Kendrick Green start for Central Catholic? On three consecutive plays: Got plowed over; took a holding penalty; errant snap. Like does he have Tomlin's wife wrapped up in dynamite someplace with the detonator in am undisclosed location?
Some of Colbert picks are head scratchers. I think he was overrated, especially near the end.

Some of Colbert picks are head scratchers. I think he was overrated, especially near the end.
well no doubt, it was time.
i suppose you lose touch over time.
He was good in the beginning of his tenure. The hard part is letting someone go after they won a Championshp, or saying goobye.

I really like what Omar has done with the draft and free agency as well. This team is really getting ready to emerge on offense. If the defense performs as we hope, this team can really have a nice season. Kwon Alexander finally looks like a guy we depend on at ILB.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
dont forget omar has done nothing yet and colbert won a super bowl.
and didnt Colbert pick Pickett and Pickens ?
I also think OMar was a great choice and the rooney in charge now made a good decision finally .

Last edited:
I think coaches have been resting their first teamers a little *too* much in the preseason lately.

Source: The lowly Steelers beating Josh Allen and Joe Burrow on consecutive opening days.
I agree, he should play way more. It's not like he's Big Ben and we have to keep him healthy because it's a sure thing he's going to throw for 4000 yards and 30 TDs. He's still unproven and it's not definite that he'll be good, he needs more reps.

I agree, he should play way more. It's not like he's Big Ben and we have to keep him healthy because it's a sure thing he's going to throw for 4000 yards and 30 TDs. He's still unproven and it's not definite that he'll be good, he needs more reps.
You don't risk your franchise QB to get him extra reps in meaningless preseason games. He's not getting better playing a few extra series.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Calvin Austin !!!
If there’s any irk from last night it’s that the first team relied exclusively on the check down short passes. It looked like deeper patterns had been called, but KP had to check down every time. Quite clearly, that was still successful on THIS drive. It was good to see his maturity and accuracy on those plays. But def want to see splash plays like the Austin td with the first team. Over the course of the season the dink and dunk won’t result in enough points.

Something to keep in mind from last night: 18 of the previous 20 Super Bowl winners have scored a touchdown on their opening preseason drive. I’m not saying we’re going to the Super Bowl, but… we’re going to the Super Bowl. :cool:

Predictions mean nothing , but the schedule isnt that bad and with minimal injuries... i was thinking 10-7 , 11-6 could happen.
Kwon Alexander looks good, Steelers have a good team, the AFC is just stacked.
If the Steelers were in the NFC I would put them as the third best. Afc is just so damn tough. You have some top level teams like Cincy,buffalo and Kansas City but there is also a ton of depth with Jacksonville,Baltimore,jets,chargers. Even the teams below that like Cleveland,New England, Miami are solid.

Something to keep in mind from last night: 18 of the previous 20 Super Bowl winners have scored a touchdown on their opening preseason drive. I’m not saying we’re going to the Super Bowl, but… we’re going to the Super Bowl. :cool:
Good enough for me!
What about college football teams on their season opening drives? If we can’t do it against Waffles Incaffinated, I’m not sure we’ll ever be able to…

If there’s any irk from last night it’s that the first team relied exclusively on the check down short passes. It looked like deeper patterns had been called, but KP had to check down every time. Quite clearly, that was still successful on THIS drive. It was good to see his maturity and accuracy on those plays. But def want to see splash plays like the Austin td with the first team. Over the course of the season the dink and dunk won’t result in enough points.

Lmao wut? He averaged 10 yards per attempt. He converted a 3rd and 12 on a fantastic throw to DJ at the boundary and had a 30+ yard explosive TD that was an absolutely perfect ball.

He was not dink and dunk at all. Some people just can't be happy.

Lmao wut? He averaged 10 yards per attempt. He converted a 3rd and 12 on a fantastic throw to DJ at the boundary and had a 30+ yard explosive TD that was an absolutely perfect ball.

He was not dink and dunk at all. Some people just can't be happy.

I loved a lot of those plays, Pickens made two great moves…but in real play, he’ll get tackled as soon as he makes that catch. The other passes, once again, they were comeback catches to Johnson, they can’t be broken to get big gains.

The Austin play, if it can be repeated a couple more times in the preseason, will open things up nicely. But it has to be seen from the first team.

As is popular around these parts - vanilla offense.

As is popular around these parts - vanilla offense.
It’s not popular, I don’t think… unless it works every time like that possession yesterday. But the problem is that it usually doesn’t. It requires near perfection for 10-12 plays every possession and other than perhaps the Brady Patriots in their prime, that usually doesn’t happen.

It’s not popular, I don’t think… unless it works every time like that possession yesterday. But the problem is that it usually doesn’t. It requires near perfection for 10-12 plays every possession and other than perhaps the Brady Patriots in their prime, that usually doesn’t happen.
Fairly popular to say it is what I meant. Some use it as an excuse when an offense looks like excrement.

I didn’t see enough to have an opinion but the vanilla offense things is a bit of a running joke.

Fairly popular to say it is what I meant. Some use it as an excuse when an offense looks like excrement.

I didn’t see enough to have an opinion but the vanilla offense things is a bit of a running joke.
Well… anything that produces points will be popular. If it works most of the time. But will it? Hey, maybe this will be the year

You don't risk your franchise QB to get him extra reps in meaningless preseason games. He's not getting better playing a few extra series.
He's not a sure franchise QB yet, he really has proven very little.

He's not a sure franchise QB yet, he really has proven very little.

He is the Steelers franchise QB. He was a 1st round pick and they will live or die with him. He's the starter for years to come.

He's not fighting for a roster spot where they're going to risk him getting killed behind Kendrick Green.

He is the Steelers franchise QB. He was a 1st round pick and they will live or die with him. He's the starter for years to come.

He's not fighting for a roster spot where they're going to risk him getting killed behind Kendrick Green.
"Years to come" ? He hasn't earned that yet, when he puts up a full season with like 25 TDs 3500+ yards, maybe a playoff berth, after that, I might "live or die" with him, until then he shouldn't be secure in that position.

"Years to come" ? He hasn't earned that yet, when he puts up a full season with like 25 TDs 3500+ yards, maybe a playoff berth, after that, I might "live or die" with him, until then he shouldn't be secure in that position.
What you would do really doesn't matter. He's the guy Tomlin and company are going to ride, and he's going to get ample opportunity over years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT