ADVERTISEMENT

Pickett's Popularity...

BigBird80

Freshman
Nov 11, 2018
Where the hell is KP going to that he is "the man around the city"?

"Kenny was my host for the weekend. He’s like the man around the city. We went out one night and a ton of people recognized him. Kenny is just a real genuine dude. He is a great guy and seems like he’d be a great teammate. He has the keys to the team and I feel like he’s going to run that team the way it should be run. His maturity level is beyond his years. Honestly, I feel like he’s the future of Pitt football. From the way he carries himself, from the way all the coaches respect him and he shows the coaches respect back. He’s a true professional.”

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2019/02/10/nakia-griffin-stewart-recaps-his-weekend-visit-to-pitt/

Reactions: Camp and PantherDDS

"Kenny was my host for the weekend. He’s like the man around the city. We went out one night and a ton of people recognized him. Kenny is just a real genuine dude. He is a great guy and seems like he’d be a great teammate. He has the keys to the team and I feel like he’s going to run that team the way it should be run. His maturity level is beyond his years. Honestly, I feel like he’s the future of Pitt football. From the way he carries himself, from the way all the coaches respect him and he shows the coaches respect back. He’s a true professional.”

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2019/02/10/nakia-griffin-stewart-recaps-his-weekend-visit-to-pitt/
It's a Joisey thing don't you know.

Reactions: Atlanta Panther
Possibly, and this could just be conjecture, his coaches and teammates respect and appreciate him more than some disgruntled free message board regulars. Perhaps his OC didn’t have a clue and if affected his play. I’m probably wrong though. I bet he sucks. You really should go back to Sesame Street. I know it’s an unoriginal sentiment but you seem to be happier there.

The Rutgers to Pitt pipeline is strong!

Possibly, and this could just be conjecture, his coaches and teammates respect and appreciate him more than some disgruntled free message board regulars. Perhaps his OC didn’t have a clue and if affected his play. I’m probably wrong though. I bet he sucks. You really should go back to Sesame Street. I know it’s an unoriginal sentiment but you seem to be happier there.

We'll let his play next year determine whether he's good or not.

I know i'd let my HEAD place my bets on which way his play will go, while knowing that your HEART will go the other. Don't let your heart cloud the vision of your eyes.

He seems like a popular dude. Like his confidence/arrogance, the way he carries himself. Kinda hard to explain but I can see him being that BMOC type despite having a really bad year.

We'll let his play next year determine whether he's good or not.

I know i'd let my HEAD place my bets on which way his play will go, while knowing that your HEART will go the other. Don't let your heart cloud the vision of your eyes.

My head tells me that a washed up OC/ “QB Coach” had more to do with Pickett’s lack of progress than a sophomore starting for the first time. Ben DiNucci and to a lesser extent Max Browne also helped me reach that conclusion.

Reactions: Pittguy93
Would you have rather read this?

"Kenny was my host for the weekend. He’s like a total loser. We went out one night and a ton of people recognized him as the guy who threw for 8 yards. Kenny is just a real genuine dud. He is not an athletic guy and seems like he’d be a poor teammate. He has the keys to a 7-7 ford bronco and I feel like he’s going to run that into the ground. His immaturity level is beyond his years.”

My head tells me that a washed up OC/ “QB Coach” had more to do with Pickett’s lack of progress than a sophomore starting for the first time. Ben DiNucci and to a lesser extent Max Browne also helped me reach that conclusion.
This has to be the hope, because KP almost 100% certainly will get the job. HCPN may be putting his job on the line with this, if the case.

"Kenny was my host for the weekend. He’s like a total loser. We went out one night and a ton of people recognized him as the guy who threw for 8 yards. Kenny is just a real genuine dud. He is not an athletic guy and seems like he’d be a poor teammate. He has the keys to a 7-7 ford bronco and I feel like he’s going to run that into the ground. His immaturity level is beyond his years.”
Ha, that's great.

We certainly can be thankful that someone is getting a positive impression from ANYONE or anything in our program right now ... regardless of who or what...

Am evaluation like that published for real would actually be pretty funny, though!

Reactions: DiehardPanther

Watch it man. 77 Ford Broncos are about as bad ass as they come. I hope KP is as well.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
My older bro said he’d see John Ryan at peters 5 nights a week and never saw him once but a drink. Being a pitt qb, successful or not, opens some doors apparently.

Watch it man. 77 Ford Broncos are about as bad ass as they come. I hope KP is as well.
I had one.
I took it to places where I wanted to go, places I didn't, and why am I here places but it went almost anywhere!
I think mine was a 1976 kinda tan/organge/redish body.
125764_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

Last edited:
Wow - a Pitt player, who by all accounts is a very nice kid, is popular and well-liked around town and it bothers the OP, JRipper. Shocking!
Is BigBird80 really Jrip? I hate when you guys change names, it confuses me.

It doesn't bother me, but it sure suprised me. i didn't think anybody would know him....but i'm wrong. Good for him.

I think Pickett is a respectable young man. Will that translate to the football field I'm not sure but as a person he seems to be quality. I actually hope he does have a much better season next year not only for the results on the football field but because he's a likeable young man and I hope he has some success that will bring some positive light to the program.

Not at once. Never at once. That would be a clown amateur move.
For some reason, that reply reminded me of an old Steve Martin bit...

"I used to smoke marijuana. But I’ll tell you something: I would only smoke it in the late evening. Oh, occasionally the early evening, but usually the late evening – or the mid-evening. Just the early evening, midevening and late evening. Occasionally, early afternoon, early midafternoon, or perhaps the late-midafternoon. Oh, sometimes the early-mid-late-early morning. . . . But never at dusk. I would never do that!"

Reactions: PittInMissouri

Are you asking why the starting QB of our football team is popular??

I also hear some people like bacon

Reactions: TJFAIRLIE
Are you asking why the starting QB of our football team is popular??

I also hear some people like bacon

Yes, that's exactly what I asked. Normally popularity is brought on by success. Still waiting for that from Kenny P.

Also, i'd be SHOCKED if he was well known outside of Oakland, but i'm taking the word of an out of towner who most likely confused Oakland with Pittsburgh.

Yes, that's exactly what I asked. Normally popularity is brought on by success. Still waiting for that from Kenny P.

Also, i'd be SHOCKED if he was well known outside of Oakland, but i'm taking the word of an out of towner who most likely confused Oakland with Pittsburgh.

Oakland is Pittsburgh. What are you talking about? And Pickett is known throughout Pittsburgh, he is the QB of the local sports team.

it is hilarious the unnecessary flames for literally no reason. Popularity is brought on by attention and publicity. this time last year Pickett was the next Dan Marino. He was hugely popular, and he is a charismatic kid. Juju was hugely popular right away in pittsburgh too. Pittsburghers usually take to kids with grit, hard work ethic and a humble sense, ala, JHay. Pickett has that. Sure he had a very bad year, but he didnt change as a good kid and leader.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT