ADVERTISEMENT

Pirates Unwatchable

I wouldn't know. I never watch them. MLB is something that doesn't even exist to me anymore.
Baseball is my favorite sport. I loved coming home from a sail and getting the clipping from my dad. Btw do you get the Penguins games in Kiwi? Handicap their chances?

Reactions: USN_Panther
Baseball is my favorite sport. I loved coming home from a sail and getting the clipping from my dad. Btw do you get the Penguins games in Kiwi? Handicap their chances?
I grew up loving baseball. Was an Orioles fan. (Baltimore and Washington were much closer to us than Pittsburgh)
We have the NHL.tv subscription so get all games. They are in the morning or early afternoon so hard to watch on weekdays. My son's school attendance will drop off now.
I think the Pens are in good shape with their depth. As is always the case, a hot goalie can steal a series. Hope it's our goalie!
Ice hockey is pretty popular in my city. A fair number of Canadians here. We have 12 teams in our beer league. My team is in 1st place in the B grade. This is due to a dramatic 3rd period comeback from down 3-1 last week.

Reactions: TFBaum
I really don't know the majority of players on the team, but went to the Wednesday afternoon game. What a nice day to sit in the sun with no one around you. While watching the Bruins and Caps beat up on each other I switched to the Pirates quickly and they were losing 6-2 and switched back to hockey, after the hockey overtime switched to Pirates to see Stallings hit a walk off home run. Pirates are losers, but better losers here than winners in another city.

The Pirates aren't nearly as bad as they were predicated to be. Yes it's early but alot of people had them at about 10 wins or so right now.

What they do have is a real baseball guy in Ben Cherrington. If he can get Nutbag to loosen the purse strings even moderately I think he can do some nice things here.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
New front office deserves a chance to see what they can do.

The alternative is to not watch baseball. And frankly I enjoy baseball too much to not watch.
Likewise. Let’s see what the new management team can do. This year isn’t about wins. It’s about development.

The Pirates aren't nearly as bad as they were predicated to be. Yes it's early but alot of people had them at about 10 wins or so right now.

What they do have is a real baseball guy in Ben Cherrington. If he can get Nutbag to loosen the purse strings even moderately I think he can do some nice things here.
LOL at you last sentence! That was a real knee slapper!

Reactions: Warchtorch
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT